Message Boards

Topic : Join the 100 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 538
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:28:26 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 100 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 3:04 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: annuhbell

My weight has been up and down for a while now.  In high school (about 6 years ago, I lost 20 pounds and was down to 235.  In college, I gained that back plus some.  I got up to 270.  Last year, I got down to 230.  Right now, I'm sitting at 250.  I'm trying to stick with 1400 calories a day.  I would say an average day is usually at 1500-1600 calories, other days more.  I go to the gym almost every day.  I use the elliptical, treadmill, and bike.  Usally my workout consists of using the elliptical and then the bike.  Each time I go there I burn 250 calories.  I don't go for a minute goal, I go for a 250 calorie goal.  I really think eating is my problem.  I think I do a lot of mindless eating, and don't properly write down the exact calories.  I would really like to meet someone that I can correspond with daily.
I can be your partner! I'm at 248lbs and would like to be 150. I also do the calorie counting..or try. Let me know if you want to correspond with each other.

September 10, 2008, 3:06 pm CDT

FOR LINDA

Linda, one possible reason for your plateau (stall) is that you aren't eating!!!!  Your body is saving fat because it doesn't know where it's next meal will be coming from!!!!  It's burning your muscle instead.

Girlfriend, you HAVE to eat!!!  You have got to get that metabolism fired up again!!! 

Do you have Dr Phil's "The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution?"  If not, you really, REALLY need to get it and work those 7 steps!!!

We're here for you!!!

Patti

(PS ~ soft drinks are NOT your friend!!!!)

September 10, 2008, 3:12 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: jlbranst

I can be your partner! I'm at 248lbs and would like to be 150. I also do the calorie counting..or try. Let me know if you want to correspond with each other.
150 is my goal too!  I keep thinking though that even if I could just get to 200, that would be so wonderful!  But hey, if I can make it to 200, I can make it to 150!  I would definetly love to correspond with each other.  How many calories do you usually allow yourself per day?  My doctor told me 1400, but I'll be seeing a dietician in a few weeks, so she'll give me a better idea of what that 1400 should be, if she even decides 1400.

September 10, 2008, 3:12 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: annuhbell

My weight has been up and down for a while now.  In high school (about 6 years ago, I lost 20 pounds and was down to 235.  In college, I gained that back plus some.  I got up to 270.  Last year, I got down to 230.  Right now, I'm sitting at 250.  I'm trying to stick with 1400 calories a day.  I would say an average day is usually at 1500-1600 calories, other days more.  I go to the gym almost every day.  I use the elliptical, treadmill, and bike.  Usally my workout consists of using the elliptical and then the bike.  Each time I go there I burn 250 calories.  I don't go for a minute goal, I go for a 250 calorie goal.  I really think eating is my problem.  I think I do a lot of mindless eating, and don't properly write down the exact calories.  I would really like to meet someone that I can correspond with daily.
Don't know that I can commit to DAILY correspondence, but I was thinking the same thing...that having someone out there that you don't even really know to just walk through this journey with would be huge help! :)

My story is that I just had a baby, and gained 70 pounds with this pregnancy! Yipes! My sweet son has had a ton of health issues in his first two months, so I have just felt chained to him here at the house. I have gone 5 days before without even stepping foot outside...even on my porch! I feel like a slave! Now that things are settling down a bit for us, it's time for me to get my butt back in gear! Before I got pregnant, I was running almost every day...and friends...I was CUTE! Ha! I really want that back!

September 10, 2008, 3:13 pm CDT

hey Melinda

Quote From: crazymelinda

I'm Melinda, a 55-year-old mother of 2 who is an empty-nester as of about 3 weeks ago, when my youngest left for college.  This is the first time in 33 years that I am living alone.  I gained about 100 pounds during some rough spots in my marriage and subsequent divorce, and was already overweight.  I am 5'3" and weigh 260 pounds.  Since I already have some health issues and a family history of heart disease and early death, I am ready to claim back my life and get healthy!  I know that we can all work together to achieve our goals.  Let's get healthy!!!

I'm 51 and am 5'3" and weigh around 230 now, and I hate admitting that to anyone!  I'm not very active and need to change that and my eating habits.  I'd like to be your chat buddy, you can email me at

tartanacres204@aol.com if you'd like. Peggy

September 10, 2008, 3:14 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: crazymelinda

I'm Melinda, a 55-year-old mother of 2 who is an empty-nester as of about 3 weeks ago, when my youngest left for college.  This is the first time in 33 years that I am living alone.  I gained about 100 pounds during some rough spots in my marriage and subsequent divorce, and was already overweight.  I am 5'3" and weigh 260 pounds.  Since I already have some health issues and a family history of heart disease and early death, I am ready to claim back my life and get healthy!  I know that we can all work together to achieve our goals.  Let's get healthy!!!
I understand what you're saying about health issues.  Diabetes runs in my family, and I just found out that heart disease does too.  I'm very surprised that I've made it to age 21 without diabetes, and really hope I don't get it.

September 10, 2008, 3:19 pm CDT

100 POUND CLUB

Hi Everyone!

I am in the same boat as so many of you are.  I am 55, 5'2", and weigh a whopping 240 lbs.  I was recently diagnosed with Type ll Diabetes and High Blood Pressure.  I work in the medical field so I KNOW this means that I am a ticking bomb waiting to explode.

I am praying for all of us that this will work.

Good luck and GOD BLESS!

September 10, 2008, 3:19 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: jbsgrass

Where do i start again. I'm out of control. I'm 5'5" and weight 150 lbs. It doesn't sound like much, but 2-3 months a go i weighed 128, and have for 7 years, now this weight i coming on so fast. I am so out of shape, I STRESS EAT.

So where do i start? I need to get the weight loss book, bu on line i thought we could join like a 30 -40 lb club, but i only see a 100 pound club.

I WISH i had Dr. Phil's personal help lke the people on t.v., but i feel like they only want the extreme, and i'm not.

I already do eat healthy for the most part, my problem is that i OVER EAT, every time i start, its like i'm a food-aholic.

Is there anyone out there like me?

I know what you mean about overeating.  My main problem is that once I do eat, I can't stop eating.  Some days I just really am not that hungry around lunch time.  I don't want to skip a meal, so I go ahead and eat something.  Once I do eat something though, I feel like I'm starving and would have been better off just skipping it.  What's worse, consuming 600 calories in one sitting or just skipping the meal until my next snack (about 2 hours later)?

September 10, 2008, 3:21 pm CDT

I Don't know what to do......I have excuses

Hi there,

My name is Kathy and I feel like I cannot write anything about my situation because we are not suppose to have excuses.  I feel like unless someone can understand my situation, I cannot receive any help to lose weight.  This is my situation.  I was 10-20 lbs underweight all my life until after I got sick with Lupus in 1983.  Because of the severity of my disease and the drugs and lifestyle change that went along with it, I gradually gained about 130 lbs over the next 25 years.........about a half pound a month.  I have been bed ridden most of this time, until 2004 when I was put on an anti-rejection drug that helped me feel better for the first time.  I have also been on various doses of prednisone ranging from moderate to large this entire time to help control the serious aspects of my Lupus.  About 5 months after being put on the anti-rejection drug, I was diagnosed with Type 11 Diabetes.  My doctor wanted to put me on medication, but I asked if I could have 3 months to try and control it with diet and excercise.  Since I was feeling like I could do something like this for the first time since I became ill at 30, I started walking and eating low carbs and lost 80 lbs in a year.  I walked a 5K everyday.  That was my motto.  In February of 2006, I started to have stomach pain which did not respond to PPI's, antacids, Pepto, Metamucil..........anything.  I started to gain an unusual amount of weight very quickly, and had the weight back on in 7 months.  I am not a big eater at all, which no one seems to believe, except my doctors who know me.  I have probably never "pigged out" in my entire life, and don't know what it is like to have a food you crave.  I used to be a skiier, a runner, a semi-pro tennis player, a competivie swimmer and every other sports or activity I could do.  I believe the medications I am on are the reason for the weight gain and also now my decline in activity.  I am easily motivated, but when you are sick and feeling like making it through the day is a challenge, excercise has become difficult.  I don't know what to do.  Anyone else out there on Prednisone and Cellcept with unusual weight gain and an illness which makes it difficult to get out?   Please help.  Thank you

September 10, 2008, 3:26 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: deitra33

Don't know that I can commit to DAILY correspondence, but I was thinking the same thing...that having someone out there that you don't even really know to just walk through this journey with would be huge help! :)

My story is that I just had a baby, and gained 70 pounds with this pregnancy! Yipes! My sweet son has had a ton of health issues in his first two months, so I have just felt chained to him here at the house. I have gone 5 days before without even stepping foot outside...even on my porch! I feel like a slave! Now that things are settling down a bit for us, it's time for me to get my butt back in gear! Before I got pregnant, I was running almost every day...and friends...I was CUTE! Ha! I really want that back!

I definetly understand.  I'd be happy with just a few times a week too.  I just need someone to talk to that will really tell me when I did something wrong or give me ideas.  I tend to want to give myself a "break" and go ahead and eat that donut or whatever.  The only problem is that it becomes an every day thing.  I would probably do fine if I could just give myself a goal for once a week.  Like if I keep under 1400 calories for 6 days, the 7th day I can have a couple of beers or something I wouldn't normally have.

What are your plans for when to get exercise in?  Are you going to be at home with your son?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last