Message Boards

Topic : Join the 100 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 538
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:28:26 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 100 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 3:29 pm CDT

I'm almost afraid to even post

I'm so depressed.  I need help to get my eating under control.  I'm a success in every other area of my life and I get so demoralized by my inability to stay out of the fridge.  I have an extra 100 pounds to show for my poor choices.  I bought the book when it first came out but never really took the time to do all the steps faithfully.  I'm going to keep trying until I get it.  I'm 53, I work full time, I'm happily married and I just had a knee replacement about 3 months ago.  I'm a Mom to 2 beautiful men (and their amazing wives) and I have been blessed with 4 grandkids.  Any other struggling grannies out there?

September 10, 2008, 3:30 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

I am 62, from Alabama and weigh 229.  I've got rheumatoid arthritis and high blood pressure; am unhappy with my activity level and the way I look.  Something Dr. Phil said today made so much sense to me....about one year passing and I could be a healthier weight in one year or I could be the same or worse.  That pretty much says it all.  I'm a great starter but not so good at finishing.....at least anything for me.  I have no trouble helping others; I am presently caretaker for two elderly aunts.  There's a lot of stress with this as one is extremely difficult to work with.  I have dealt with sickness, hospitals and dying since 1989 and I feel pretty burned out.  I decided today while watching the show that this has to be the time for me to "get real with myself".  I admire Dr. Phil and have all his books; I think he's extremely intelligent and has the gift of motivating people from all walks of life.  I'd love to participate in this race but could never do it on television so I'll do what I can here.  The people in the challenge are lucky for they will have lots of things at their disposal but we all have to do it ourselves ultimately.  After all, we are the ones who will benefit at the end.  Look forward to hearing from anyone who wishes to answer.

September 10, 2008, 3:31 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: trauma1

So, hello everyone. Here I go again! ON this weight loss journey. I just got done watching the show and I am ready to start things off again. I am 32 years old and weight....415 pounds. I used to be a college athlete, lifeguard and a pageant queen. WOW! I have let myself go. I am so disappointed in myself for allowing me to get this bad. I went to Mall of America in August to do that satellite feed and started to change things slowly when I got home. I have lost 6 pounds (I was 421) since Sept 1st, but I have a looooonnnngggg way to go. Just looking for any help or support or accountability! Good luck to all out there!
Great job on the 6 pounds!  I lost 40 pounds in the past year and gained 20 of it back.  It's been very hard for me recently to lose any weight at all.  When I first lost the 40, I had weeks that I lost 6 pounds, and then nothing for a couple of weeks.  I would love to have that now!  I didn't appreciate it at all then, but now that I'm sort of stalled, I would love to lose 6 pounds!  6 pounds may not seem like much, but it is a lot.  Definetly make sure you write down what you're doing now.  It's been helpful for me to look back and see what I was doing when I was losing weight and see the difference between then and now.  Good luck on losing more weight!

September 10, 2008, 3:35 pm CDT

30 lb club

How do I find the 30 lb club.  Help?

September 10, 2008, 3:36 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Hello everyone~

My name is Cindy. I am 32 yrs. old, 5'7", 230 pounds. Two years ago I was 160 pds. I had an alcohol problem and went through detox. My doctor put me on prozac for anxiety. Between the medication and stopping the drinking, I craved sugar so bad. Now here I am all that sugar later. I am recently off the prozac and STILL sober. So now it's time for me to be my old self again. WOO-HOO!! Let's do it ya'll ;0)

September 10, 2008, 3:40 pm CDT

In the same boat

Quote From: marathongrl7

There is a Richard Simmons DVD specifically designed for those who must sit and workout. It costs about $15 and it may be a good place to start.
I am also in a wheelchair because of post-polio and need to lose about 60 lbs.  I have the Richard Simmon's video and I love it, but haven't taken it out in quite a while.  I'll do it if you will.

September 10, 2008, 3:43 pm CDT

Count Me In Too!

Hello Folks, my name is Elaine. I'm sick of carrying around this extra weight... it's been over 10 years since I gained 100#. I've lost a little (25#) and then have gained it back a few times already, so I am ready to STOP this yo-yo habit for good! My goal is to be at a healthy weight by my 50th birthday (1 yr 4 mos away). I also acknowledge that I cannot do this on my own (yo-yo!), so I am hopeful that by joining this #100 Club I will hold myself more accountable as well as find encouragement/tips via others who have as much weight to lose as I do. My husband is a wonderful life partner, has been supportive and has encouraged me to lose the weight for my health, so I also want him to be proud of me too. I want and need to do it this time!

I love to cook and I'm not a fast food junky, but I also LOVE desserts (chocolate, ice cream, pie)--which is just as unhealthy when eaten as a daily "expectation" rather than as a treat). Portion control is my biggest issue, followed by sporadic exercise. Up until 6 mos ago, my husband and I were working out regularly (for nearly 1.5 yrs). Now we're ready to get back into a regular exercise routine again. I do have exercise dvds for home use, so I am acknowledging I have no excuse when we cannot get to the gym.

My plans for tonight:
* Since I have "portion control" issues, I'm going to go back to "half-ing" my meal... that has always worked for me in the past... at home as well as at restaurants
* I will begin exercising tonight... if we cannot get to the gym, then I'll use one of my exercise dvds at home
* I will FIND my copy of Dr Phil's weight loss book (it's around here SOMEwhere!!!) and spend at least 15-20 min reading

HERE'S TO OUR HEALTH!

September 10, 2008, 3:43 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Hi, my name is Donna.  I need to lose over 100 pounds.  I am 49, with 2 boys and am pre-diabetic now and am scared that it will become full blown diabetes.  I currently have no support from my family and was wondering if anyone is interested in emailing back and forth a few times a week.  I am not sure if I can do this by myself. 

September 10, 2008, 3:46 pm CDT

Joining the clubs

Quote From: f103craw

How do I find the 30 lb club.  Help?
 On today's show page http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1118/ please click the picture that says: Ultimate  Weight Loss Race, Click Here, or click the link that says: Join Dr. Phil's online community or vote for your favorite team!

You'll find lots of info about the race, plus you can join one of our many weight loss message boards and join others starting this new challenge. 

Here's a link to our message boards, you'll see all of the weight loss boards located under WEIGHT on the right: 
  http://drphil.com/messageboard/

September 10, 2008, 3:48 pm CDT

need help

how do I find the 50-60 lb club

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last