Message Boards

Topic : Join the 100 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 538
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:28:26 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 100 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 4:09 pm CDT

100lb-er too

Checking in...I need to lose 103lbs.   I'm doing it alone since I live with skinny minis

September 10, 2008, 4:14 pm CDT

Need to lost 100lbs

Hi.. my name is Marcia. I really need to lose 100lbs. I want to be around to see my kids grow and some day his kids of their own.

I really could use some helpful tips on food and exercise tips.

September 10, 2008, 4:19 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: nononora

Hi Donna.  I'm almost 54 and need to get lose 100 pounds.  My email address is tyrannanora@yahoo.com if you'd like to givr it a go with me.  Do you have a copy of the dr.'s book?  I'm going to find my copy and read it again.  Nice to meet you!!

Nora

Hi Nora, I just ordered the drs book so I should get it in the mail next week.  I will send you a test email.  Nice to talk to you!

Donna

September 10, 2008, 4:21 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: nononora

Hi Donna.  I'm almost 54 and need to get lose 100 pounds.  My email address is tyrannanora@yahoo.com if you'd like to givr it a go with me.  Do you have a copy of the dr.'s book?  I'm going to find my copy and read it again.  Nice to meet you!!

Nora

Hi Donna & Nora,

I would love to email with you as well.  And, anyone else that is interested. 

My email address is:  sparow64@yahoo.com

There are so many messages here that sound so familiar...it's hard to respond to all of them!  As I said in my intro, I am a 44 year old confirmed sofa spud.  I have also been an emotional - stress eater my whole life, and a chocoholic to boot!   I never thought I would enjoy exercise, but, now that I have started walking, I miss it when I let life get in the way and don't take the time.  The thing that really helped me get started is something my Dr. said:  that I didn't have to walk in a marathon.  The important thing was to get out and get moving.  To not worry about pace, time, or distance.  Just get out, and get moving.  You will find your way to pace/timing etc.  But, the first goal is to get moving.  There are lots of articles on walking online, and you can find the healthy way to walk if you have challenges like I do, with arthritis, etc.  And, if you are just plain old out of shape, like me.  (Such as, if you can't carry on a conversation without losing your breath while walking, you are going too fast, etc.).  It gets easier.  And, it becomes enjoyable.  AND, you begin to feel better.  At this point, I have lost 28 lbs, and people are beginning to notice.  I have dropped from a size 22W in pants to a 16 reg, and a 26-28 shirt to an 18-20 since June.   if I can do it, YOU CAN TOO!   I am not there, by any means, but, I see the light at the end of the tunnel now, and I haven't seen it in 12 years or more.  It IS doable!! 

Please feel free to email me anytime you need to chat, vent, or need support and encouragement...or even a laugh.  It's much easier with buddies! 

September 10, 2008, 4:23 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: mosp08

Checking in...I need to lose 103lbs.   I'm doing it alone since I live with skinny minis
I know what you mean!! My husband is 6'2" and weights 190, with the perfect build because he is a Marine, he eats what he wants and never gains a pound.

September 10, 2008, 4:29 pm CDT

I'm On Board

Hi All,

My name is Peggy and I am right there with all of you - needing to lose the weight I've accumulated over the past15 years. I'm 51 and the doctor just put me on medication for diabetes. This is what caused me to get serious about my weight loss and getting healthier. I'm ready and look forward to all your support and information and successes. I'm already on the road - in the past 3 months I've lost 12 pounds but I have at least another 80 to go - slow and steady right!

September 10, 2008, 4:32 pm CDT

looking for the thirty club too

Quote From: gaylebou

I need help finding the 30lb club

I am having a hard time navigating this sight also. Would like to find the thirty club and want to keep this pop up of Dr. Phils from popping up. Good luck to all. Help me if you can.

September 10, 2008, 4:32 pm CDT

On the Road Again!

Well ladies and gents! I
I am sooooo excited to finally meet and greet with others who not only walked in my shoes but who know how hard it is to actually do that! "WALK!  What can I say?  I was looking and feeling great a long time ago!  in 1994 I was injured  and I couldn't walk.  I was iin a wheelchair! The doctors said I may never walk again!  My condition was not curable! I went from 130lb to well...... lets just say! WAY UP!  It wasn't over night but since I coudn't get out of bed,  and I was depressed I let food comfort me! To top it off  many of the meds i took either made me HUNGRY or caused weight gain! 

So fast forward to the last 5 years I  am not only out of my wheelchair, but I have a productive life! Although the pain is still there,  and I  "should" get full just on the number of pills I take" I have, with the love of a great husband  a life I never thought I could have so many years ago. My boys are now young men and are contributing members of society.  Dr Phil would be so proud of all that my family has done!
 I knew my health was up to me!  It was going to be my choice if i was going to have knee replacments because I was so heavy. If my heart was going to give out, or if my over weight body would make me disabled in another way, this time by my own fault!

THEN... in July 2007 I started going to the gym. I ate better, and guess what??? I  lost 20 pounds!  Then in October I was given a medication that this time helped me loose weight!  It curbed my appetite!  I had something on my side!  Some of my friends say I'm cheetingi LOL, I just  told them it was pay back!  I know  I have a long way to go, but I have lost over 60 pounds!  So why is my mood
flirtatious? because for the first time in a long time..
I feel sexy again!  I feel good about myself on the outside! i believe we need to be beautiful on the inside and the outside!  Ladies and gents, I have been through a lot and I have hated my body for all it was worth, but then I learned that the love begins in your heart and in your head! Forgive thyself !! Love thyself!
Boyzmama

September 10, 2008, 4:39 pm CDT

need to lose a few

Hi

My name is Nastasha and I would like to lose at least 100lbs.  I've tried every diet there is and nothing works.  It seems to work for a bit but then I give in and I put all the weight on and then some.   Every year I get bigger and bigger and it is time for a chnge for good.  I want to be able to enjoy my food without over eating or still feel like I am hungry.  Everyone needs to pray for me...LOL  

September 10, 2008, 4:39 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: virtualmomof5

Hi All,

My name is Peggy and I am right there with all of you - needing to lose the weight I've accumulated over the past15 years. I'm 51 and the doctor just put me on medication for diabetes. This is what caused me to get serious about my weight loss and getting healthier. I'm ready and look forward to all your support and information and successes. I'm already on the road - in the past 3 months I've lost 12 pounds but I have at least another 80 to go - slow and steady right!

Hi Peggy...
I'm in the same boat.. my doctor told me I have type 2 diabetes and then placed me on medication 1 month ago and I'm only 30! I have honestly been having a pitty party for myself the last month and it's not doing me any good! I am so ready to be off medications and have a normal healthy life.
Feel free to e-mail me nicks_sooner_girl@yahoo.com

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last