Message Boards

Topic : Join the 100 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 538
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:28:26 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 100 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 12:32 pm CDT

No more excuses

Quote From: blueicerose

My name is Amanda.  I weighed 287 lbs in January of '07, and I have already lost 77 lbs and I am down to 210 lbs.  I am happy I lost this much weight, but I still need to lose at least another 40 lbs.  I have been using Dr. Phil's book since I realized how much weight I gained.  I hope to lose this weight, and become even more active than before. 
Amanda - thank you for giving me hope. I'm out of excuses for my weight and I'm looking forward to changing. I always say "I'll start tomorrow" - I can't say that anymore. No more excuses.
I'm 265 and want to be 150... I haven't read the book yet. But Dr. Phil has inspired me to at least try. What have I got to loose except fat?
Thanks.
Maggie

September 10, 2008, 12:36 pm CDT

count me in -- going for 150+ weight loss

hi,

i am over 340# and need all the help i can gather.

i would like to be advised and supported by this 100+message board as i have decided to lose 150+#.

i believe that we all can do it, along with each other's help.

where do i start? 

female/fat/fifty

September 10, 2008, 12:39 pm CDT

the first day of the rest of my life

i am a mother of 3 boys and i weigh 284 pounds and i have diabetes i am at risk for a massive heartattack

i want to loose weight so i can be healthy and live a longer productive life and see my kids get married and be able to work again with out having to sit down every 5 minutes i know i have to do this and i am glad that dr phil has done this and i gonna make myself so proud and raise my self esteem so much i wanna be able to play sports aswell.

September 10, 2008, 12:40 pm CDT

Need to lose 71 lbls

Hi.  I am Candy from KY and need to lose 71 lbs.  I have arthritis in both knees and have just been put on medication for hypothyoid.  Being in a  smaller community, support is really not here.  I also work 5:15pm until 4:30 am so finding things to do when I am not at work is a little hard.  My husband's twin brother just died of a massive coronary, so we both are really rethinking our health and what we are doing.  He has been doing the gazelle about every day.  My energy levels are starting to go up alittle, but I am still tired.  I am really am going to commit to this because I don't want to put my husband and kids into the same situation we just had with my brother-in-law. 

September 10, 2008, 1:00 pm CDT

scared to make changes

I'm 34 and need to lose 100 pounds.  I have 2 children and they also need to start eating healthy, so I'm not only changing the menu for me but for them as well.  I need someone to keep me going when it gets tough.

September 10, 2008, 1:01 pm CDT

Hi!

Hi!  I'm Lori.  I am 44 years old, and have been a confirmed couch potato most of my life - even when I was not overweight.  I have been overweight most of my adult life.  2 years ago I was diagnosed with "advanced arthristis for your age" in my hips and groin & bursitis in my thighs as a result of being overweight.  In June I was diagnosed with diabetes.  I began seeing a new Dr. who told me that I didn't have to walk everyday, just everyday that I eat! LOL  It really put things in perspective for me.  I do NOT want to have all the problems that I have seen family members have with diabetes.  And, heart disease and high blood pressure run in both sides of my family as well.  

After YEARS of having no will power, I have started walking - almost every day.  I walk for an hour, and go about 3 miles.  I also take water aerobics, which is good for the arthritis.  I have cut out the regular soda - I could drink 4-6 a day, and I have also cut out the refined sugar, and cut way down on the bread and starch.  I am trying to eat healthier.

I have lost about 28 pounds.  I started at 236 lbs, and my goal is 135 lbs. I haven't weighed that since well before kids!  I am only 5' 3 1/2", so, that is a healthy weight for me.  My boyfriend has actually lost over 30 pounds over the last year, so, I have good support there. 

I am looking forward to getting to know others who are working on healthier lifestyles and tracking our progress together!

September 10, 2008, 1:06 pm CDT

Here goes nothing!!

Well, here it goes...  I am committing to doing this and there is no turning back!  I am 34 years old and when I stepped on the scale this morning it read 301.5 lbs.  How did I let myself get this big???  I guess I have always been in denial about how big I really am.  It is not until I see pictures of myself that I realize my size.

I have an 8 month old daughter and I really want to set an example for her.  I want to be the active mom, not the mom sitting on the sidelines.  I have Dr. Phil's book and that is where I am going to start.  I know that it is not going to be an easy road but as Dr. Phil said, the next year is going to go by whether I do anything or not.  Well...I am choosing to do something about it.

I would appreciate any support and advice that anyone can give and I will offer the same to you.  Together, we can stick to it and accomplish our goals!!

September 10, 2008, 1:09 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: adamsmommy

My name's michelle, and I'm just starting the challenge to lose 100 lbs! So if anyone can give me any tips, that would be great!! I'm 21 years old, and have an eight month old.. I weigh close to 250 lbs now. I'm more motivated than ever to lose weight. I want to be healthy for me and my son. I don't want him to grow up to b overweight as well. So wish me luck!!
Good luck Michelle!!!  I know you can do it.  I have an 8 month old as well and I agree we need to be role models for them.  Keep me posted on how you are doing!

September 10, 2008, 1:16 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Well im a newbie here so any tips would help ty.

September 10, 2008, 1:20 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Hey ya'll. I'm Kristin.. I'm 20 years old, 5'3 and weigh 310 lbs. I've given up on losing weight before, but I'm ready to try again! I need to lose more than 100 lbs to be the ideal weight, but really my goal weight is "200 lbs or under"! I've got the walk away the pounds dvd, and plan to follow it everyday. I wish I had Dr. Phil's book!

I'm here for support for anyone! I'm always around. :)

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last