Message Boards

Topic : Join the 100 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 538
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:28:26 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 100 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 2:39 pm CDT

Welcome Everyone!!!

Welcome to everyone who posted since l last posted this morning!!!  Isn't this EXCITING!!!!  We are at a great crossroad in our lives, actually, we're ONE STEP BEYOND because we made a decision to do something!!! 

Dr Phil always says we can't change what we don't acknowledge, and since we've all made a personal acknowledgment regarding our need to lose weight, we have crossed the biggest hurdle ~~~ the mental one!!!

More and more people will be joining our forum in the next week or so which is a VERY GOOD thing!!!  We really need each other because no one, and I mean NO ONE can understand what we are going through.  Our family and friends love us, but unless they are one of us (100 pounders), they don't have a full understanding of our mental angst, our aches and pains, our fears, our humiliations, our health issues, etc, etc, etc.....

Timing is everything!!!  The planets have aligned for me!!  I'm out of town on a business trip (4hrs from home) ~ to open a new center for my corporation and we can't get a certificate of occupancy.....long story short, I was sitting in my hotel room this morning and caught the Dr Phil show at 10:00am, (it comes on at 5:00pm at home).  I was able to hop on my PC and join this wonderful journey!!!  Good news/bad news is at the conference call this afternoon we discovered it will be another 3 weeks before permits can be obtained to open the center (bad news) but the GOOD NEWS is that I get to go home!!!  I have Dr Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss Solution book at home and can't wait to leave tomorrow to start (re) reading it.  I got stuck on one of the 7 Keys, can't remember now which one, but remember it was because I had come across something that was uncomfortable for me to deal with.  So I put the book down.

I'm here to tell you ladies (and gents if we get any!!!)  I'm ready to deal with whatever that issue was this time around.  I'M GETTING REAL!!!  I'll probably need you all to help me over that hurdle, but this time, I'm not going to be afraid or ashamed to ask for that help!!!  We are in this together, and we all have issues.  I'm just asking you to all to not be afraid to put yourselves out here.  We need each other.  I'm here for all of you.  I work full time, but will be here as often as possible.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Patti

September 10, 2008, 2:40 pm CDT

A NEW BEGINNING

I HAVE MADE TODAY MY NEW BEGINING ...HELLO ALL I AM A MOM OF TWO HAPPILY MARRIED . I HAVEMADE TODAY MY NEW BEGANING TO START EATING RIGHT AND LOOSING WEIGHT . I HAVE BEEN SICK FOR A WEEK NOW FEELING FATIGUE AND NO ENERGY IM GETTING TESTED MONDAY FOR DIABETES . I PRAY ITS NOT THE OUTCOME TO ME WANTING TO LOOSE THE WEIGHT I WANT TO LOOSE IT FOR ME AND TO BE THE EXAMPLE TO MY KIDS WHO ARE ALSO OVER WEIGHT AS WELL AS MY HUSBAND WE ALL MADE EXCUSE TO LOOSING THE WEIGHT BUT MY MIND IS SET I WANT IT REALLY BAD AND IF ANYONE CAN SHARE WITH ME HOW TO START AND WAHT TO EAT AND NOT EAT IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED EVEN LINKS OR WEBSITES WE CAN GET TO SHOW US HOW AND WHAT TO DO TO BEGIN. NOW I USUALLY DONT EAT BUT I HAVE ONLY EATIN ONCE TODAY AND HAVE TO MAKE IT AN EFFORT TO EAT THE RIGHT  7 TIMES A DAY NOT ONCE A DAY SO IM OFF TO GET A SNACK EVEN IF IM NOT HUNGRY ! THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

September 10, 2008, 2:42 pm CDT

Exercise Suggestion

Quote From: katpember

I am going to be 52 this year and I am about 150lbs over weight I know being in a wheelchair and having back problems doesn't help much with excerise and weight lose but my doctor has tried different meds to try to get me to lose this but it just isn't working.  Help please.
There is a Richard Simmons DVD specifically designed for those who must sit and workout. It costs about $15 and it may be a good place to start.

September 10, 2008, 2:45 pm CDT

Hello

I wish everyone good luck on their diets.  I hope we all do great.  I am beginning my diet Monday.  Everyone says you need to prepare yourself mind and body to begin.  I am making a promise to myself to get motivated, prepared, and begin on Monday.  I need to lose over 100 pounds.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cockie

September 10, 2008, 2:50 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

HI I am 34 yr old female getting seperated from my husband. I have 2 great boys who I need to be here for !!! I am a nurse and work night shift so my eating habits are horrible. I weight 230 lbs and should be 140-160. I need HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

September 10, 2008, 2:52 pm CDT

There Is Hope:)

Quote From: papergirljp

Hello!

My name is Julia and I am a 32 yr. old mother of 2.  I always joke that my goal is to get to my 9-month pregnancy weight!!  With my first daughter, I only gained a total of 9 lbs. and with my second daughter, I weighed 165 lbs. when she was born and my starting weight was 155 lbs.  Yes - I only gained 10 lbs in total with her . . . so you'd think that wouldn't be hard to lose.  I don't want to fall into the excuse trap, but I started to crave all the wrong kinds of foods while I breastfed her and my weight gradually climbed.  It was an average of 10 lbs. a year which you never really notice until it's gone too far.  So now . . . I weigh 222 lbs. and I feel ugly.  I hate looking at old photos or watching old home movies where I'm so thin.  I really only need to lose about 70 lbs. but I guess this 100 lb. club is a good place to start.

I've tried all the weight pills and solutions on the market, but I really don't know if they work because I can't seem to be faithful in taking them.  I finally went to my doctor and after doing a complete blood work-up on me, she figures that my body went through a major hormone shift after I had my kids and I could be one of those people that just can't physically lose weight now.  Has anyone ever heard of that??  She put me on Meridia and I did lose 9 lbs. in the first month.  But it costs $135/Mo. for the prescription and I just can't afford that.

I have all the expensive work-out equipment in my home so there's no need for me to join a gym, but once again - I can't seem to motivate myself.  I hate exercise because, like I said, it doesn't seem to work for me.  I can work out on my exercise bike and weight machine for 45 min. and sweat like crazy, but the scale never goes down.

HELP!!!

There is hope. Might I suggest an aerobic dvd or going for a walk/jog/run? I know the weather isn't always a joy to deal with, but it's just a suggestion:-) I've found when I put myself somewhere other than the gym, whether it's the one at home or the Y the mix actually helps keep those durn fat molecules off balance. Water aerobics is good too if you're just starting out. It's low impact and burns calories like crazy. The other part of the equation is water and your caloric intake. That's between you and your food journal though. I'm nobody's food police but my own. LOL.

September 10, 2008, 2:53 pm CDT

Trying this again

My weight has been up and down for a while now.  In high school (about 6 years ago, I lost 20 pounds and was down to 235.  In college, I gained that back plus some.  I got up to 270.  Last year, I got down to 230.  Right now, I'm sitting at 250.  I'm trying to stick with 1400 calories a day.  I would say an average day is usually at 1500-1600 calories, other days more.  I go to the gym almost every day.  I use the elliptical, treadmill, and bike.  Usally my workout consists of using the elliptical and then the bike.  Each time I go there I burn 250 calories.  I don't go for a minute goal, I go for a 250 calorie goal.  I really think eating is my problem.  I think I do a lot of mindless eating, and don't properly write down the exact calories.  I would really like to meet someone that I can correspond with daily.

September 10, 2008, 2:58 pm CDT

Hi, Everyone!

I'm Melinda, a 55-year-old mother of 2 who is an empty-nester as of about 3 weeks ago, when my youngest left for college.  This is the first time in 33 years that I am living alone.  I gained about 100 pounds during some rough spots in my marriage and subsequent divorce, and was already overweight.  I am 5'3" and weigh 260 pounds.  Since I already have some health issues and a family history of heart disease and early death, I am ready to claim back my life and get healthy!  I know that we can all work together to achieve our goals.  Let's get healthy!!!

September 10, 2008, 3:01 pm CDT

looking for a buddy or support

This new weightloss challenge looks interesting..(I went to the taping of the first show) . I have lost weight before but put most of it back on and now I am stuck and need to to lose about 70 pounds. I would love to connect with others in the same boat. We can do this I know! I live in Los Angeles,

September 10, 2008, 3:02 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

My weight had always been too heay until 2005 when i hit 247lbs... i now weight 155 not quite a hundred pounds yet but i tell you all that i have never felt better and can't weight to start up again and get the rest of my weight off!!! I used dr phills book to stengten out my head and i just started to lose the weight ...imagine if i would have really stuck to a diet!! That 's what i am going to do now... just wait and see!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last