Message Boards

Topic : Join the 100 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 538
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:28:26 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 100 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 21, 2008, 11:43 am CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: kellyster

Yes yes yes, how have you done this. Have you read the book? Kellyster
Sorry, got your message kind of late. I haven't read anything. I basically made up my own diet. just been eating Special K for breakfast with 1/2% milk, lunch eat low calorie foods with a vegetable n Low fat yogurt, and dinner I eat regular. I haven't been exercising more than usual (which is ZERO exercise ;) I dont drink pop or eat snacks. If I do it's a granola bar...I know what I want and its keeping me motivated. It's better to give yourself a goal that wont overwhelm you. My problem was being told I have to do a certain thing to lose weight...usually things which didn't fit into my own life as someone else's. I'm doing what I want to, dont feel the stress of it, and losing weight. What could be better? haha! I hope this helps! Good Luck!

October 24, 2008, 4:53 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: doodles2me

hi everyone, how is everyone doing with our challenge? its been pretty quiet on this board,its great to get support from others and see how they are doing. debbie

Hi, I've checked a board a few times but honestly I find I don't have a lot of time to read through it all. I'm still doing great. When I last posted I was down 12 pounds and to date I'm down a total of 19 - slow and steady and lots and lots of patience and education training myself to eat better. I've never really struggled with the exercise part but am having a knee replacement in a week so I'm very nervous I won't get much exercise (calorie burning) for several weeks.  I hope all is going well for others. I just keep thinking what Dr. Phil had to say - just do it once and get it over with.  Continued luck to all!  Peggy

October 25, 2008, 9:04 am CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: doodles2me

hi everyone, how is everyone doing with our challenge? its been pretty quiet on this board,its great to get support from others and see how they are doing. debbie

Almost completed my first week of the challenge and I weigh in on Monday. I am afraid to look at the scale. I feel I lost but what happens if the scale doesn't show the numbers go down? Does one loose in inches first or pounds? Please reply ASAP

Sissy2

October 27, 2008, 12:48 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: coolrain61

I'm starting to read the Dr Phil book tonight and joining in!  I need to lose 100 lbs exactly.  I'm 5'2" and weigh 223.4.  I started to gain weight in my early 30's and now I'm turning 47 in a few months and would love to celebrate it by knowing I've lost some weight and sticking to the challenge.  I've been trying to think when/why I eat as much as I do.  I have come to the conclusion I'm an emtional/bored eater.  But I'm sure as I read I'll learn more about why.  Any tips/suggestions are welcome.  If I come across any "aha" moments I'll share those with you.  Good luck to all as we begin!

good luck and I know you can do it.  I'm on the same page.  i'm tired of making excuses and need to push through the next year to make a difference in my appearance.

October 27, 2008, 12:56 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: abbygail82

I know you want to see weight loss, but it is possible that you are seeing an increase in weight due to muscle gain! That is a good thing and if you keep it up the inches will come off. It is hard not to focus on what a scale tells you, but if you are feeling better and being healthier...that counts as something too! You just have to keep your mind in the right place. Please stay encouraged to get healthier for the sake of your life and those around you :).

Have you tried boosting your metabolic rate by eating less several times a day rather than eating less a couple of times a day? It could be that your metabolism is not keeping up with your new lifestyle. Also, more natural ingredients will help with this as well.

Don't lose hope.  That happened w/ me on the first week.  I was thinking that, I don't know if you do this, but I give myself a last hoorah before I buckle down and i believe my body is catching up w/ all the extra calories I ate in order to feel that I can start eating healthy.  does this make sense.  I know it's kinda of a sabotage, but any how.  The next week I lost 1 and 1/2 lbs.  and for the month, I had lost 7 lbs.  So, hopefully this helps.

October 31, 2008, 9:51 pm CDT

weight

im 44 yrs old i had a stroke last year around this time . i"ve quit smokindg i"ll say 8 months ago it was very hard. but at the same time i"ve put on the pounds i weight around 214 im 5/4 . feel so bad about my self very low self asteem. afraid sometimes to come out of my own house but not for DR.S  leave my home can any one out there help me .please......

November 2, 2008, 1:17 pm CST

new to the board but not to dieting

Hello everyone,

Today is my first day on the  message board. I have an enormous amount of weight to lose and I know it will take time to shed the weight. Last week my weigh in at the doctors office was 384 lbs. I had lost 8 pounds for the month of October. I'm on a 1800 calorie diet along with walking. I'm too ashamed  to go to the gym. So I walk 3 days a week at the mall. I'm losing every week but I know if I was working out I would lose the weight faster.

I work with the public and I stand 8 hours a day. Ive been doing this for 12 years and it has taken a tole on my back and knees. I'm determined to lose the weight once and for all.

My goal weight is 200 pounds.

I hope that I can get some advice and tips on healthy eating and living here. Thanks .

ladyofgrace

November 3, 2008, 12:50 pm CST

Mom of five

Hi all, I am a 28 year old mother of five kids. My oldest is nine and my youngest is 2 months. As a teenager I had no weight problems...then I had kids. I hit 200 lbs with my son...(the 2month old), and am trying so hard to lose weight. I want to be able to feel good about myself and have energy to play with my kids. My husband and I have been married 9 years. He says he has no problem and thinks I look great but seeing my self in the mirror tells me otherwise. It is difficult to eat right when you have a family of seven and one income. Healthy food is so exspensive that I have switched to just not eating, which as you all know does nothing for energy. So hopefully this will work.

November 13, 2008, 7:11 am CST

keep up the good work

Quote From: ladyofgrace

Hello everyone,

Today is my first day on the  message board. I have an enormous amount of weight to lose and I know it will take time to shed the weight. Last week my weigh in at the doctors office was 384 lbs. I had lost 8 pounds for the month of October. I'm on a 1800 calorie diet along with walking. I'm too ashamed  to go to the gym. So I walk 3 days a week at the mall. I'm losing every week but I know if I was working out I would lose the weight faster.

I work with the public and I stand 8 hours a day. Ive been doing this for 12 years and it has taken a tole on my back and knees. I'm determined to lose the weight once and for all.

My goal weight is 200 pounds.

I hope that I can get some advice and tips on healthy eating and living here. Thanks .

ladyofgrace

im 44 yrs old had a stroke last year . i also need to lose weight last time i went to DR. i weight 214 . but of course i was a heavy smoker . i've been 9 months was very hard for me i smoked 3 packs a day. i have lots of medical problems at early age in my life just ordered the sweatin to the oldies dvd want get until dec price was'nt as bad as i thought it would be 14.95.no shipping handling  maybe you might want to order something like that if so here is the web sight www.letsloseweightamerica.com or www.richardsimmons.com good luck .

November 21, 2008, 1:11 am CST

Join the 100 Pound Club

hi  i'm 29yrs old and will be 30 in december. i am the mother of a 12yr old son who says i need to lose weight. it makes me feel really bad because i never weighed no more than 137lbs before my moms death. i am a heavy smoker, i smoke 2 pks. a day. i know i need to quit but it's hard. at my age i have had lots of health problems such as a heart attack this past june, and yesterday i was recently told by my doctor that i have acid reflux diease.not only that i am currently weighing in at 250lbs. that's a huge jump from 2 wks ago when i weigh in at 189lbs. something is truly going on. so i thought if i got a weigh lost buddy who have the same goals as me.

First | Prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | Next | Last