Message Boards

Topic : No Excuses Workout Tips…

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:29:42 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
No time, no equipment …  Sound familiar? The bottom line is there is NO EXCUSE for not eating right and exercising.  Share your no excuses strategies for staying fit!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 18, 2008, 1:50 pm CDT

Well, I'm Back!!!

Have been off this board for a few days and NEEDED to check in!  I'm trying to do too darned much!!!

Went to the kitchen to clean all the junk food and to take inventory of my pantry, freezer and spices.   I really didn't find too many No-No's.  I did find a lot of expired stuff, spices that had turned to dust and a myriad of science projects pushed to the back of the fridge (gag!!)  Then I stirred up a hornet's nest!!!  Had to take everything out of the pantry...scrubbed the shelves, put like things together, dusted the cans...  Moved on to the fridge, had to take out all food stuffs, the shelves and drawers, scrubbed that puppy clean....Moved on to the spices, purging, washing the jars, alphabetizing....

Long story short, I turned around and my kitchen looked like a weapon of mass destruction blew up while my back was turned.  So what did I do?  Jumped on FlyLady.net.  Have only 3 more days of vacation left and thought I needed a little help organizing my house....Heck, there aren't enough vacation days left in my life to fix all my issues!!!

It wouldn't hurt my feelings one little bit if Dr. Phil did a whole life makeover on me, but I bet he doesn't have enough experts in the world to get that done before he retires!!!

So, I have been thinking about this and I think the root cause of all my self inflicted misery is that I'm a Perfectionist.  You read that right.  PERFECTIONIST.  I want everything to be so perfect, that I research, plan, make lists, cross reference resources, buy all the books,  and flat out think a problem to death.  I take no action because I do not want to fail or make a mistake.  I make a plan, but if Plan A doesn't work, I have no backup (because I've thought Plan A out so well, who needs a Plan B, right?), so I don't implement the plan....I just keep researching and re-writing it with the hope that one day it will be in good enough shape to try.  I'm a sick sucker!!!

SO FOLKS, that's why I'm here!!!!  LOSERS DON'T MAKE EXCUSES!!!!  I'm NOT excusing my actions, I'm just acknowledging them and verbalizing them aloud for the first time.  I have gotten my self into my own predicaments and I need some help getting out.  Does anyone have any tips to motivate me to move from planning to implementation???

LOSERS DON"T MAKE EXCUSES!!!

Patti

September 18, 2008, 2:06 pm CDT

HEY LOSER!!!

Quote From: emrmlduvr

I also have Leslie's walking program and plan to using those starting TODAY!.  I as I'm sure many of you too also have the Richard Simons dance ones (although coordination is not my strong point)  but switching it up may be more interesting for me at least. NO MORE EXCUSES!  I can do these at home so I don't have to drive anywhere, no one else will be watching me (if I do it early in the morning or before everyone else is home), it does't matter what I wear, and I can't use the weather as an excuse either.

Loserville here I come!

Em

Em,

How are you doing on Leslies's program?  You certainly have all you need at home to get started, and have no excuses for not getting it done!!  I'm really proud of your motivation!!!  You go girl!!!!

LOSERS DON"T MAKE EXCUSES!!!!

Patti

September 18, 2008, 4:19 pm CDT

Need help

Hi I want to take off 80lbs yes I said 80.

I am in a wheel chair I have a bad back so I can not do weights

can any one give me some tips to do

September 18, 2008, 5:48 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

Hey, how is everyone?  I am 26 and need to lose at least 150.  I just wanted to post a quick note to everyone that is talking about the walk away the pounds program, it is a great program.  I used to do it.  The really nice thing about it is it's really easy and it's only a few steps to remember.  You can basically do it without the tape once you are used to it.  It's really great, and awesome for the winter months for people that don't like to walk in the cold.  Good luck everyone.

September 18, 2008, 7:28 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

Quote From: ninjaroobeachy

I'm so ready to lose the weight, but am finding it hard to make the changes necessary. I know I can do it because in January, I joined a 12 week healthy habits program at the Y. I lost 14 pounds, gained 2% muscle, and lost 5% body fat...something like that...but I was feeling soooooo good! My confidence soared, my energy soared, I got off of my blood pressure medication. I felt like I was beginning to feel that my body was matching what I felt on the inside. And I was very good at watching my food intake. I cut out all the junk and had no cravings for it. I was able to exhibit control over food...for example, if I had to have a soda, I'd pour a bit into my child's cup, and that was it. I was satisfied and the soda would last me almost a week!!! Well now, here it is Sepetmber, and I haven't been to the gym in 4 months. At a recent doctor appointment, I had put on 17 pounds, and am back on the HBP medication. My clothes are fitting crummy. I had given away the bigger sizes earlier this year, and HAD to buy smaller ones!! Unfortunately, I cannot fit into them now and that's all I've got to wear. I love going to the Y and working out. As a single mom, it is what keeps me grounded. I'm a better mom and better able to cope when I get to work out. My elderly father has been living with us since April. I'm taking care of him, and getting him healthy, then he goes back home. Why am I having such a hard time these past 4 months? I miss going to the Y, and I am so anxious because I haven't worked out. I feel guilty if I leave the kids and my dad so I can go exercise. Why am I not able to exert the control over the food? I'm not hungry, but I sure will cram 3 doughnuts down for no reason. My mantra is " I want to be a hot mamma...not a fat mamma." Any encouragement or advice? I know I can look good, and I liked the way my body was changing. I just need to get my mind set back, and  honestly make my health a priority. HELP!

Ok, I tried to post this once and my computer decided to mess up and kick it.  Hope it doesn't post twice.

I'm right there with you.  I lost 50 lbs a year ago and then the holidays came and it all went to poo.  I've gained it all back and now also have High BP.  And I got rid of my big clothes too and refuse to buy them again.  I have to get back in the smaller ones or who knows at what size I will stop making excuses?

Here's the good news! WE CAN DO THIS!! WE WILL DO THIS!!!

Starting small has helped me out.  The dr. said to lay off the soda due to the high BP.  That has helped, although I had a few days of withdrawal headaches, now it's worth it and if I try a soda, it's way to sweet.  I also quit smoking.  Don't know if you do that or not, but let me say, it was one of the hardest things I have done and I still miss it, but don't give it.  I breath better, which is another small step I made.  I did, at first, eat to make up for the cigs, but I'm back to my right thinking now.  This week my step was not eating after 8 pm. I did it.  Small step.

We all have something that is going to try and get in our way of reaching our goal.  My grandma always said it was the devil.  I'm beginning to think she was right. But like she said, we just can't let the devil win!

I'm here for you.  We will do this together!  One step at a time!

Take care!

Hugs,

September 18, 2008, 11:29 pm CDT

No Support

Today was the first time that I have seen Dr Phil's weightloss challenge race. I am a mother of 3 small children and I need to be able to keep up with them at such a young age they are very active! I am 32 yrs old, 5'4 and 232lbs. My husband NEVER supports me in anything I do, and why should he? I've let him down every single time that I yo yo off my diet. But this time I was serious and he didn't believe me, not a surprise. A couple of months ago I used to be 248lbs. I went on a diet the right way watching what I eat and exercising, and you know what? I lost 18 lbs. I was so proud of myself, but my mistake was telling my husband, who just let me down. ANd from the weeks forward I have lost about a pound a week, and I am feeling discouraged to give up. Then I saw the show today and it was like an answer to my depression. I feel like I can keep going now! Thanks Dr. Phil! 

September 19, 2008, 3:33 am CDT

make it FUN!

Well in the book I read to make it fun- so I am-

For my birthday my partner gave me a Wii- the fit disk is fun!

I am having a blast-

so far I have lost 2 pounds but we all have to start somewhere!-

I also work nights 12 hour shifts so most of my time is spent sleeping... but have found a way to excersise during my breaks at 10:00 PM - 2:00 AM and 4:ooAM- I am walking the vacant parking garage ramps! so I am excited this time. So If I can find time ANYONE can!

September 19, 2008, 4:07 am CDT

Isn't Wii great?

Quote From: yubbyd

So, Sunday i celebrated my 6th wedding anniversary, and my DH bought me EXACTLY what i asked for! A Wii FIT! Woohoo! I am so toatally crazy over it. I have done it two days now, my legs hurt like mad, and i sweat buckets, it keeps my BMI for me, tells me an accurate weight, had a goal set for me, gives me numbers everyday. It is amazing, and i have so much fun with it, 45 minutes just flies by!

Hope everyone is doing well, keeping the hope!

I too have the Wii and love how it tracks things for you- I am lossing wieght and having fun- which if you ask me is truly the KEY- haha (pun intended)-  The boxing is the hardest for me- and the advanced arobics dancing thingy- have trouble going to the side!-

but I rock at the ski- jump and bubble and penquin balance games!-

I hope a lot of folks take advantage of fun to work out- thanks for posting this I thought I was cheating! diana

September 19, 2008, 11:28 am CDT

Challenges

I have read most of the messages on the board and we all have struggles to our weight issues that some how or another connect to our lives.  I have asked myself several times over the years how many times do I want to continue to lose these same pounds.  I am 57 years old and finding the aging process is no fun.  I have read Dr. Phil's book "The Ultimate Weight Solution" and followed it twice to lose weight, but I lost track of myself once again.  Emotional stress leads to emotional eating and once again I have found that food is not my friend particularly the junk food.  It tastes so good and makes me feel much better, but once that sugar hits my body I find out  how horrible it makes me feel and the side effects it leaves me to deal with.  It has dawned on me that if I cannot be committed to myself, than how can I be committed to my family in a time that they need my understanding, love and full attention.  Right beside Dr. Phil's book on weight loss is his new book "Real Life."  This book is showing me the answers to my questions, the feelings I was having, the what if I had done this or that, and to the healing path I need to take.  I found that I have to be loyal to myself first before I can be an asset to my family.  Weight gain is just another excuse for putting off today what one can do tomorrow.  Procrastination is just another excuse.  As I am writing this I am looking at the treadmill, the weights and the other exercise equipment and wondering why I have not been loyal to making myself stronger and healthier.  I do not want to go to a gym, but I have a gym right her to use any time.  Well, today the excuses stop.  I can find that hour a day to watch Dr. Phil to learn how I can help heal my family and make is stronger, well I can find that hour a day to be loyal to helping myself become a healthier, with a postivie attitude towards life's challenges.  So I wish all of you the best in your weight loss adventure!  

September 19, 2008, 5:44 pm CDT

Ditto . . .

Quote From: conniebeeper

Hi everyone!

I'm 42 and want to lose 55 lbs.  I recently lost 20 pounds in the past 6 months, through hard exercise and controlling my eating.  Now for the past few weeks I have been starting to gain it back and feel like I have lost control, and to make matters worse, just stopped exercising too.  I'm all or none type of person;  If I don't stick to my diet one day, then I also won't exercise that same day, or do any thing nice for me at all for that day.  I am my own worst enemy.  Like, if I cheat on my diet , then I am so mean to myself  that on that day I can't do anyting else that's good for me or that makes me happy, on that day. As if I'm punishing myself.  Every single day, for the past 15 years, I have awoken to the first day of my diet.  ANd ,probably for 14 1/2 years, I have broken my diet ,everyday.  It is exhausting, and in the meantime, I haven't lived a life, really.  It's all been centered around my weight,.  I am so sick of thinking about  how ,tomorrow, I will start my diet.  What Dr. Phil said today really hit home for me:  Let's get it done and then go live te rest of your life!   Let's do this once and for all!  I am going to  get on this message board everytime I feel like binging, and write a chapter or book if that's what it takes.

All the messages I read here sound great; we have a great groupt here, so...........let's go!

Good Luck to everyone.

Hi,

I feel like I just read my own story.  I too recently lost 25 lbs but have lost my motivation.  I am on a quest to lose 42 lbs by my 42nd birthday and know that I am 1/2 way there but I stopped exercising and stopped tracking my calories.  I am also binging.  I have struggled all my live with weight and I would like to get it right, not only for myself but for my son.  He is 4 and the doctor told me he was in the 120th percentile, that scares me because I dont want him to go through what I went through as a child.  Good luck, and stick with it.  I joined WW this year to try and lose the weight the first time and I know what I need to do, as I am sure you know what you need to do.  Good luck and get back on track . . that is what I intend to do :)

First | Prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next | Last