Message Boards

Topic : No Excuses Workout Tips…

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:29:42 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
No time, no equipment …  Sound familiar? The bottom line is there is NO EXCUSE for not eating right and exercising.  Share your no excuses strategies for staying fit!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 19, 2008, 8:09 pm CDT

Keep up your head!

Quote From: ashchrj1

Today was the first time that I have seen Dr Phil's weightloss challenge race. I am a mother of 3 small children and I need to be able to keep up with them at such a young age they are very active! I am 32 yrs old, 5'4 and 232lbs. My husband NEVER supports me in anything I do, and why should he? I've let him down every single time that I yo yo off my diet. But this time I was serious and he didn't believe me, not a surprise. A couple of months ago I used to be 248lbs. I went on a diet the right way watching what I eat and exercising, and you know what? I lost 18 lbs. I was so proud of myself, but my mistake was telling my husband, who just let me down. ANd from the weeks forward I have lost about a pound a week, and I am feeling discouraged to give up. Then I saw the show today and it was like an answer to my depression. I feel like I can keep going now! Thanks Dr. Phil! 

I am Tiffany from the Ultimate Weight Loss Race (Green Team)

Keep your positive attitiude and keep shedding those pounds! It doesn't matter if your husband supports you or not, you need to take care of yourself first. As mothers, we all take care of everyone else first and always take care of ourself last. I think that is the most difficult thing for me to keep focused on - myself! I am going full force ahead and nothing can stop me now... I am so happy we are involved in the race and cant wait to see the 100 lbs off my body! If you need to vent or want to chat,  just email me. Good luck and I wish you much success.

Tiffany

September 19, 2008, 9:06 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips

Quote From: lavandergirl

Hi Everyone...I'm a 50 year old woman who has had seveal knee and shoulder surgeries.  I'm 236 pounds and very determined to get off the roller coaster, yo yo diet.  I know that I can do it.  This is the first step.  I guess I should start walking.  GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!!!! I KNOW WE CAN DO IT!!!!!! 
Hi Everyone...lavandergirl here.  I've just been reading some of the messages posted and I feel very inspired.  I went out and bought Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie S.  I can't wait to get started.  Does anyone know anything for upper arms.  I am tired of waving goodbye to everyone with my upper arms instead of my hands.  Thank you.  HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

September 19, 2008, 11:52 pm CDT

Tiffany "green team"

Quote From: tiffanydixon

I am Tiffany from the Ultimate Weight Loss Race (Green Team)

Keep your positive attitiude and keep shedding those pounds! It doesn't matter if your husband supports you or not, you need to take care of yourself first. As mothers, we all take care of everyone else first and always take care of ourself last. I think that is the most difficult thing for me to keep focused on - myself! I am going full force ahead and nothing can stop me now... I am so happy we are involved in the race and cant wait to see the 100 lbs off my body! If you need to vent or want to chat,  just email me. Good luck and I wish you much success.

Tiffany

Hi Tiffany! Thanks for your reply. I would like to email you, and I was trying to find a way to, but couldn't. However, you can email me at ulghfan1@hotmail.com. I saw you on the show actually and you had me laughing talking about how you order a quarter pounder at McDonald's with "No Onions"! We are too much alike, that is how I used to order my quarter pounders! But I don't eat out anymore, and if I do it's very rare. LOL! I hope you win too! GO GREEN TEAM!

September 23, 2008, 11:19 am CDT

A workout rookie

I'm a mom of 3 little boys and just have to be able to keep up with them. I'm 5'5" and weigh 185 lbs. I have tried to lose weight before, but frankly I just love sugar and hated to work out. After watching last week's show, I said, "No more!" I'm done being fat!

I worked out Thursday morning for the first time in years! Now it's Tuesday, and I haven't missed a single day!  This morning, I got up at 6 am and did 2 miles! I'm shunning sugar too. It's funny, but since I'm working on my body so hard, I'm not even tempted by the sugar junk. The bummer is that I've only lost 1 pound so far. Any ideas? Suggestions?

I just wanted to post here cuz I knew the people here would be able to understand. Thank you!

September 23, 2008, 1:38 pm CDT

work out

I lost all my weight 3 yrs ago and felt great then I slowly climbed back up in weight and I want to get the weight off once and for all.  I can't seem to stay to any one thing  and I have a lot of  get up and go tell I get home then I became to preoccupied doing other things  can anyone out there give me some ideas

September 23, 2008, 4:52 pm CDT

where is the time

Hi I am a single mom of 5 children ranging in age from 10 down to 3. I have tried working out I have tried walking every night, but between everything going on I feel like i don't have the time.

I was involved in a auto accident over three years ago. The healing from that has been hard, I still have lots of pain. Night i am lucky to get 4 hr. of sleep. I never really have a brake from the kids for me time. When i want to go walking they love to go but it becomes more of a chore, the a workout.

I am 5'3 and weighting in at 278, this is the biggest I have ever been and I hate it. I stop drinking soda over two years ago and stop smoking about the same time. I have cut out almost everything bad even in bread, I have switch to wheat bread without (HFCS). I am very mobile and i don't watch much t.v. my bad once in awhile i do get to watch the dr. phil show but not much.

I know one of Dr. phil keys is to have a support, Which I don't I have talk to a lot of people but they all seem to be to busy with thier own family and i would hate to be a bother. My own family isn't much support either. My mom mental and phsyical well being isn't all the greatest either..

well if there is anyone out there welling to be my support person and give me the possitive feed back i need when times get hard. please feel free to get back to me. 

Thanks. single mom of utah

September 24, 2008, 1:39 am CDT

Mom of 9

Quote From: momof1980

Hi I am a single mom of 5 children ranging in age from 10 down to 3. I have tried working out I have tried walking every night, but between everything going on I feel like i don't have the time.

I was involved in a auto accident over three years ago. The healing from that has been hard, I still have lots of pain. Night i am lucky to get 4 hr. of sleep. I never really have a brake from the kids for me time. When i want to go walking they love to go but it becomes more of a chore, the a workout.

I am 5'3 and weighting in at 278, this is the biggest I have ever been and I hate it. I stop drinking soda over two years ago and stop smoking about the same time. I have cut out almost everything bad even in bread, I have switch to wheat bread without (HFCS). I am very mobile and i don't watch much t.v. my bad once in awhile i do get to watch the dr. phil show but not much.

I know one of Dr. phil keys is to have a support, Which I don't I have talk to a lot of people but they all seem to be to busy with thier own family and i would hate to be a bother. My own family isn't much support either. My mom mental and phsyical well being isn't all the greatest either..

well if there is anyone out there welling to be my support person and give me the possitive feed back i need when times get hard. please feel free to get back to me. 

Thanks. single mom of utah

Hi! 

I was once where you are at now.  When I was 22, I had 2 babies(1 & 2), met and married a man with 4 daughters (ages 3,4,6 & 7) and then a year and a half later, had one more child to make us a family!  Eight years later to my surprise, I had another child and 22 months after that, had one more! Whew!

Because I had so many children, I preferred my kids to have their friends at my house so that I could supervise everyone. There was never any "me time".....even when I was lucky enough to take a bubble bath!  But I got smart and started to wake up 45 min before the kids and had at least quiet time.  I learned to incorporate a lot of activites into my life with my children! 

One of my daughters was an epileptic as well!!  I even had uterine cancer when my youngest was only 2 years old.  I'm delighted to say that I am now a SURVIVOR! 

Sweetie, I think you are too caught up in what other people say and their definition of a mom.  You don't want to lose yourself within your family, but on the realistic side.....having a lot of children requires patience and giving up on some of the things you enjoyed before you became a full fledged mom.

I also had to go to work as a waitress 3 or 4 night a week for about 6 hours a night.  I had to work because my husband needed help with the finances and to top it off, his work required him to be gone 6 days and nights a week! 

I know what a nightmare it is going for that walk.....you don't have to do it every day, maybe twice a week. Try making everything you do a form of exercise throughout your day.  For example:  When you clean your house, you can "dance" when you vacuum or sweep; do stretches whenever you reach for something in an upper cupboard; when I changed my little ones diapers, I would make a game and use them as weights, etc.

Just try to put joy into everything that you do, and it usually generates more joy back.

Believe me...I had my "tough" days where I felt I was trapped, but I had to mentally focus on what my long term goals were with my weight and life in general.  I, too, had no outside support.

Everything we do in life requires work and organization!  I mean everything! 

I would be delighted to help you on those tough days or any day for that matter!!

Just remember sweetie on those tough days "This too shall pass".

Mom of 9 ( all grown up now)

September 24, 2008, 3:09 am CDT

Now I'm 2 Fat 4 Me!!

Wow!  It seems like just yesterday I turned 50 years old and my friends and family were saying to me "dang, you look like you could be your children's sister, you're one hot mama"! 

I am 56 now and my rear end looks as though I have 2 raccoons fighting in a knapsack as I walk!  My arms are still waving goodbye as I type this.  Since turning 50, I've broken my legs 3 times, my toes at least 4 or 5 times, fell and split my head wide open along with a concussion, broke 2 ribs, been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Guyon's Syndrome, and blah, blah, blah!  Did I mention Menopausal? 

It seems as though everything literally happened over night, but I know better!  I know it isn't because of the things I eat, I rarley eat....I'm not hungry.  I walk 2 miles everyday with my dogs......they look great!  I have read self-help books and try to listen to positive speakers. 

When I was young and raising my many children, I knew exactly what to do and how to do it!  I was pretty pleased with my health and the way I looked.  The children (and husband) are gone now and motivation has left as well. I really don't have a support system in place right now.  And to top it off....my one daughter is well recognized for her beauty (and I have to see her on TV at times) and I feel so ashamed for her to see me like this (not just the 2nd person in me....but the unhealthy part of me).

Where do I begin?  How do I begin?  Is there someone out there willing to help me find the courage and motivation to become healthy once more and ultimately becoming slender in the process?  I think I just need someone to push me and make me accountable.  I would so appreciate it!!  You could reply here or possibly e-mail me at: abundance4u2@gmail.com and put in the subject line:  Your Health

Thanks 

2 fat 4 me 

September 24, 2008, 2:56 pm CDT

One rookie to another

Quote From: dpalsgrove

I'm a mom of 3 little boys and just have to be able to keep up with them. I'm 5'5" and weigh 185 lbs. I have tried to lose weight before, but frankly I just love sugar and hated to work out. After watching last week's show, I said, "No more!" I'm done being fat!

I worked out Thursday morning for the first time in years! Now it's Tuesday, and I haven't missed a single day!  This morning, I got up at 6 am and did 2 miles! I'm shunning sugar too. It's funny, but since I'm working on my body so hard, I'm not even tempted by the sugar junk. The bummer is that I've only lost 1 pound so far. Any ideas? Suggestions?

I just wanted to post here cuz I knew the people here would be able to understand. Thank you!

Hi

My name is Jeanne and you sound like me, I feel I've done so much and my scale is stuck, but, I think it takes time, I know it took time to put it on, so lets give it a good try, think positive and visualize.  I see myself

thinner and healthier and more flexible, and looking better in my clothes or smaller clothes.  Lets keep

plugging. 

Hugs Jeanne

September 24, 2008, 3:07 pm CDT

to busteroni and conniebeeper

Quote From: busterroni

Hi,

I feel like I just read my own story.  I too recently lost 25 lbs but have lost my motivation.  I am on a quest to lose 42 lbs by my 42nd birthday and know that I am 1/2 way there but I stopped exercising and stopped tracking my calories.  I am also binging.  I have struggled all my live with weight and I would like to get it right, not only for myself but for my son.  He is 4 and the doctor told me he was in the 120th percentile, that scares me because I dont want him to go through what I went through as a child.  Good luck, and stick with it.  I joined WW this year to try and lose the weight the first time and I know what I need to do, as I am sure you know what you need to do.  Good luck and get back on track . . that is what I intend to do :)

Hey Girls, You GO!,   LETS DO IT!, I'm with you all the way.

Hugs  Jeannedeps

First | Prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next | Last