Message Boards

Topic : No Excuses Workout Tips…

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:29:42 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
No time, no equipment …  Sound familiar? The bottom line is there is NO EXCUSE for not eating right and exercising.  Share your no excuses strategies for staying fit!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 9:23 pm CDT

Lord, please let this work for all of us

Hi everyone!

I'm 42 and want to lose 55 lbs.  I recently lost 20 pounds in the past 6 months, through hard exercise and controlling my eating.  Now for the past few weeks I have been starting to gain it back and feel like I have lost control, and to make matters worse, just stopped exercising too.  I'm all or none type of person;  If I don't stick to my diet one day, then I also won't exercise that same day, or do any thing nice for me at all for that day.  I am my own worst enemy.  Like, if I cheat on my diet , then I am so mean to myself  that on that day I can't do anyting else that's good for me or that makes me happy, on that day. As if I'm punishing myself.  Every single day, for the past 15 years, I have awoken to the first day of my diet.  ANd ,probably for 14 1/2 years, I have broken my diet ,everyday.  It is exhausting, and in the meantime, I haven't lived a life, really.  It's all been centered around my weight,.  I am so sick of thinking about  how ,tomorrow, I will start my diet.  What Dr. Phil said today really hit home for me:  Let's get it done and then go live te rest of your life!   Let's do this once and for all!  I am going to  get on this message board everytime I feel like binging, and write a chapter or book if that's what it takes.

All the messages I read here sound great; we have a great groupt here, so...........let's go!

Good Luck to everyone.

September 10, 2008, 9:23 pm CDT

Hi friend

Quote From: suepastah

Hi...i too  need to lose alot of weight .What you said been there done that bought the t-shirt.I have  yet to begin. It's like I'm afraid to start again but I want to.and I don't.lately I lose 10 gain 20. Hope to hear from you .Friend

It is very hard to comit but i think at some point you just know you have to or there will be problems later on. I started to feel pain in my feet when i walked and i was getting everyone in my family to get me this and that because i simply couldent  get my butt up of the couch. it truly made me think. here i am 43 , i want to live , inside myself i am a very happy person that loves to do so many things and now i just cant.

I looked back to about 2 years ago when i was a fitness trainer at curves, my god what have i done to myself. I guess i took 1 good look at myself and said this is it get at it or pay the price.

Ya it is hard but what is more difficult, beeing sick for the rest of you life, that is no life.. I belive alot of us yo yo up and down because we havent got it that this is a life style not just something we have to do for a day or 1 year, this is a life change and by reading dr phills book i belive we will undestand how oure minds work.

DONT EVER BE AFRAID TO START AGAIN THIS IS YOUR LIFE. Today is a new day, positive thinking is 1 key to succes i belive and i know if i can start this journey so can you.

xoxoxo a friend

September 10, 2008, 9:25 pm CDT

this is great

wow this is great. this is the kind of support i need to make it through.Thank God for Dr. Phil. I want to loose 50lbs cause at 25 being overweight and a family history of hypertension and diabetes, the future would not look good. but with support there's hope

September 10, 2008, 9:48 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

Quote From: sunshiner77

Dr. Phil is so right with his first Key Its the our mind set our thinking Getting our thinking and determination on track and know this is the time and what we want and need. I know so far I have lost 28 lbs and have 90 more to go and we can do it by Gods grace and you are right He had you see that show to day for a reason He is all sovereign.  We can do this!!!!

I am so glad to know that im not alone in this battle!!!! Lets do it together.

September 10, 2008, 9:56 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

I did every thing in my power to stop myself from watching todays show. But I'm so glad i did.  It has given me the push off the couch that i have been needing for so long.  I have been over weight for almost all my life.  I'm done with all of my dumb excuses. I have a long way to go but I'm ready!!!!!!!!

September 10, 2008, 10:08 pm CDT

Team Green!

Quote From: jaamtaf

I am 46 and just watched the first weight loss show of the season and really want to loose some weight. I have lots of excuses why I shouldn't work out, and now could use some excuse free tips. I have two sons, 9th grade and 7th grade, I do not work out side the home but am always busy managing the household. This is the first time I have not had to work extensively with the school and my oldest son (special needs) so am feeling a bit in limbo about how long this will last (not having to go in everyday). My excuse to not go for a walk today is it's kind of chilly - 58 degrees. But I know the dog needs the walk and so do I. So . . . a little encouragement and support would be much appreciated.

We are with you in this journey!! Good luck  and know that you are not alone! We will all be sweeting together and getting healthy!

Good Luck!

Phil (Team Green)

September 10, 2008, 11:05 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

Quote From: lynnedea1

I NEED TO STOP FEEDING MY SELF MCDONALDS. I am so ready to get this weight off. I am 40 years old and  I need to lose more than 100 pounds. I need this to work this time. I have had Gastric Bypas only to not change the bad habits. I am not going to just wake up thin, so I have to do the work, I am here to find the support of others in the same boat as I.

I work shift work and also try to have healthy, nutritious home cooked meals.  I know how hard it can be when life is busy to make a home cooked meal.  Here is a website that has quick meals.  I hope it helps. Go to www.tasteofhome.com and click on the magazine or link for Simple and Delicious.  I have made many of these dishes and my family loves them. I hope yours does too !

September 10, 2008, 11:22 pm CDT

Lazy!!!

OK....I feel down right  LAZY!!  I HATE to exercise!!  I do not work but I have acces to a full gym and swimming pool directly across the street at NO CHARGE!!!   Daily, I think I will go for 30 minutes but I DON'T go.....I do NOT know how to get myself motivated or how to STAY motivated!!  I have started great workout programs in the past only to quit after a month!!!   Exercise is sooooo boring, I don't know how to make it fun!! 

PLEASE, are there any tips to get my lazy butt motivated? 

Good Luck to EVERYONE!!!  Hugzzzzzzzz

September 10, 2008, 11:32 pm CDT

Baby Steps

I am 31 and have been overweight since my son was born 12 years ago. Excuse after excuse has taken me from 40 lbs overweight just after he was born to the 100+ I am now. I can see the trend, and I know if I don't do something now that number will just keep going up.
I recently started pushing myself to get moving and have started taking regular walks, I did my first 10k a week and a half ago.
I've lost 8 of those pesky pounds and will be working my butt off (pun definitely intended) to get down to a healthy size.
I am making a commitment to myself to drop the pounds before this extra weight brings me down with all the medical problems I know I am at risk for.

September 10, 2008, 11:44 pm CDT

I Can't Believe I'm Almost 300 lbs.

I'm a 26 year old female that is almost 300 lbs.  I remember when I reached that 200 lb. mark and I said I would never get to 200 lbs and now I'm a few pounds away from 300 lbs.  I'm too young for this.  I watch Dr. Phil everyday and he inspires me, but it's like I'm also afraid.  I've just completed all of the doctor appointments for Gastric Bypass surgery.  I'm now waiting for the day for the call to schedule my surgery.  I'm so excited and feel that I will do well, but would still like to lose weight before I have my surgery.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last