Message Boards

Topic : No Excuses Workout Tips…

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:29:42 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
No time, no equipment …  Sound familiar? The bottom line is there is NO EXCUSE for not eating right and exercising.  Share your no excuses strategies for staying fit!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 11, 2008, 1:05 pm CDT

the last 20

I'm 29 years old and I droped 70 pounds 2 years ago, I still could stand to loose the last 20 to get to my goal weight. however for the last two years it's still there, I really want to do this, I miss being so fit, I have 3 children and a full time job, and I'm a smoker. when I was 16 I was really fit, played all sports, and ran alot. now if I climb a flight of steps at work I am winded. I know the smoking does not help but I have cut down.I don't eat a lot of fast food, I don't eat after 6 and I really need help any little tricks.

September 11, 2008, 1:10 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

Quote From: sunshiner77

Dr. Phil is so right with his first Key Its the our mind set our thinking Getting our thinking and determination on track and know this is the time and what we want and need. I know so far I have lost 28 lbs and have 90 more to go and we can do it by Gods grace and you are right He had you see that show to day for a reason He is all sovereign.  We can do this!!!!
Today is my first day too, I just registered.  Do I have to finish reading the whole book before I start?  I'm sooooooooo confused.

September 11, 2008, 1:11 pm CDT

weight loss

I NEVER HAD A WEIGHT LOSS PROBLEM UNTIL I QUIT SMOKEING AND THEN I BEGAN TO EAT.AND OF COURSE HAD KIDS AND ON AND ON AND ON,ALL OF US CAN SAY WHY WE GIANED WEIGHT.BUT WHAT ABOUT LOOSING IT.I KNOW I WANT THIS AND I WANT THIS BAD.I HAVE TWO OLDER SISTERS THAT ARE OVER WEIGHT JUST LIKE ME AND THEY BOTH HAVE HEALTH PROBLEMS.I DONT WANT THEM.SO I NEED TO LOOSE IT.AND I HAVE DECIDED TO DO THIS RIGHT.SO I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU DR.PHIL.IM GOING TO LOOSE THIS WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF FOR ME

September 11, 2008, 1:18 pm CDT

I'm addicted to Diet Coke

Quote From: bricrismil

hello i am 27 years old and started working out and changing my eating habits. but there is one thing i am having trouble with soda. i am trying to stop drinking it but i get bad headaches at the end of the day when i dont drink it. any suggestions would be great on what to do

thanks

I TRULEY AM ADDICTED TO DIET COKE AND IT HAS TONS OF SODIUM.  MY HUSBAND KEEPS SAYING IF YOU JUST GIVE UP THE DIET COKE YOU'LL LOSE WEIGHT.  SO THIS WEEK I HAVE TRIED, 1 DIET COKE(46oz)  THEN I DRINK 1 OR 2 BOTTLES OF WATER.  I NEVER USE A GLASS AT HOME I WILL DRINK A WHOLE 2 LITER WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK.  SO ONCE AGAIN, I'M GOING TO POUR DIET COKE IN A GLASS AND WHEN IT'S FINISHED I MUST DRINK MORE WATER.  I KNOW THIS IS JUST CUTTING BACK BUT MAYBE I WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE IT UP WITH THIS TRICK.  TRY IT, I'VE BEEN DOING IT ALL THIS WEEK AND I'VE NOTICED SOME OF THE BLOATING IS GONE!!!!

September 11, 2008, 1:31 pm CDT

the last 20 again

Quote From: crystaljenn44

I'm 29 years old and I droped 70 pounds 2 years ago, I still could stand to loose the last 20 to get to my goal weight. however for the last two years it's still there, I really want to do this, I miss being so fit, I have 3 children and a full time job, and I'm a smoker. when I was 16 I was really fit, played all sports, and ran alot. now if I climb a flight of steps at work I am winded. I know the smoking does not help but I have cut down.I don't eat a lot of fast food, I don't eat after 6 and I really need help any little tricks.
Thats the thing, I'm a heavy duty cleaner at a retail store so I use lots of big machines that push me to the limits, I'm also a cronic neat freak, and I love to clean to music, I sweat soooo much at home and work I eat all my meals and again not after 6 at night. my day begins at 4 in the morning, work starts at 6 in the morning and I'm off at 1:30 6 days a week, then it's home to house work, walking to pick the kids up at school then homework,supper, more house work, then husband comes home and I tend to him. so it's not from being lazy it's from not enough time in the day. helppppp pppplease. 

September 11, 2008, 2:13 pm CDT

The Impossible?

Hey Dr. Phil,  I lost 30 lbs last year and then experienced trauma to my feet and had to give up my treadmill regime this past Jan.  I have gained 20 of my weight back because I have had to "baby" my feet which meant very little excercise and bad eating habits developed again.  I had foot surgery three weeks ago and won't be able to get back on the treadmill for probably another month.  I signed up for the weight loss program and am wondering how I can offset the inability to walk on the treadmill (using my feet) for another cardio type exercise.  Thank you,  Shezadoozey in Louisiana

September 11, 2008, 3:06 pm CDT

easy way to burn a few extra calories

Get rid of your desk chair and replace it with a gym ball.  It's good for your posture (it's the most comfy place for me to sit when my back is sore)  and you burn calories by maintaining balance while sitting on it.  Plus you can use it to get you off the floor to work on ab muscles. 

September 11, 2008, 3:18 pm CDT

overweight

Hi I just register today and it is very hard trying to get register. I am 57 years old and overweight and want to get started on losing weight. I have started to walk at least once a day. I am one who starts something and never finishing what I have started. I think I can do this. I am going to try very hard with everyones help.I hope to hear from you very soon.

September 11, 2008, 3:24 pm CDT

Exercise Games

I get bored with exercise really easy.  I am into computer games, though.  My solution is a couple of video games that get me exercise while playing.  The WII Fit helps me track my progress and get a workout, and the video game Dance Dance Revolution gets me a good cardio workout, all while playing video games!  It's the only way I can keep exercising, but it seems to be working!  I have lost 15 pounds so far!

September 11, 2008, 3:52 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

Quote From: jaamtaf

I am 46 and just watched the first weight loss show of the season and really want to loose some weight. I have lots of excuses why I shouldn't work out, and now could use some excuse free tips. I have two sons, 9th grade and 7th grade, I do not work out side the home but am always busy managing the household. This is the first time I have not had to work extensively with the school and my oldest son (special needs) so am feeling a bit in limbo about how long this will last (not having to go in everyday). My excuse to not go for a walk today is it's kind of chilly - 58 degrees. But I know the dog needs the walk and so do I. So . . . a little encouragement and support would be much appreciated.

You have the best reason and time to do your walking.  Your children are in school and you have a dog that for more reasons that you can imagine needs to be walked.  Organize your day so that you have atleast 1 hour for yourself while your kids are not in need of your attention.  Give this time to you and the dog.  If you have any question as to how important a walk is to the dog, check out "The Dog Whisperer" on TV and the web.  I work a 10+ hour day 4 days a week.  When I get home it is time for dinner and it is late.  I still have to do the walk even if it is a short walk.  On Friday, Saturday and Sunday we walk 5+ miles each day.

You have the opportunity you just need to take it and leave it.

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last