Message Boards

Topic : No Excuses Workout Tips…

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:29:42 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
No time, no equipment …  Sound familiar? The bottom line is there is NO EXCUSE for not eating right and exercising.  Share your no excuses strategies for staying fit!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 12:23 pm CDT

You go Girl!!!

Quote From: adamsmommy

have the same problem, I can never keep motivation for more than a week!! So I too started a diary, so I could really use some tips!! My goal is to lose about 100 lbs!!!

You just need to keep that 1st Key of Dr. Phil's posted everywhere so you can keep motivated its not hard to get discouraged but when you keep your eye on the prize at the end of the race it is worth the running!!!

I'll cheer you on!

September 10, 2008, 12:44 pm CDT

Getting healthy

I just read the messages left so far and I am psyched.  Let's get healthy!  We're all ready and primed.  Are you excited - I am!  I am asking some close friends and my children to help keep me on track.  I look forward to hearing how all of you are becoming fabulous Dr. Phil weight loss WINNERS!!  Best of luck to everyone.

September 10, 2008, 12:53 pm CDT

Okay Here we go

Well, I am SICK of being FAT! I AM Fat no matter what my hubby says LOL I know me, and i am NOT meant to be this fluffy LOL. One of the things i deal with is getting out and walking on my road that is very busy, and with two little kids. I LOVE the idea of walking in my living room. :)
I am getting a treadmill from a friend, i asked for Wii Fit for my anniversay on 9-14, told my hubby I would be mad if i DIDN'T get it :)
Tomorrow while my daughter is in school, my son and i will walk, NO EXCUSES! ASK me how i did tomorrow 3pm EST heehehehe

Lets go get skinneh! 

September 10, 2008, 1:06 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

I lost my Leslie Sansone DVD but I'm leaving the house to go buy it right now. I loved it when I actually used it.

September 10, 2008, 1:11 pm CDT

It's time for change....

The last 2yrs have been extremely challenging for me.  Everything from a lost job, bill problems, and I could go on but why go on with that negativity... Instead I decided to take charge of my life instead of letting life take charge of me.  I started a part time job so that I could start college full time just 3wks ago at the age of 41.  It will take me 7-8yrs but I will finish with a PH D in Pharmacy.  I made my mind up that I will not quit and will not fail.  11 days ago, I quit smoking after 23yrs.  And now today, I am taking control of another part of my life which I have never been able to control....  my weight!  I am taking the weight loss challenge! I am 110 lbs over weight and I can't blame it on quitting smoking, it's only been 11 days and I didn't gain 110 lbs in 11 days!  I can't wait to post another message here as I forge ahead to make all of these life changes! Theres only 1 me and I only have 1 life.....   I'm going to make it the very best and make it count!  If I can do it anyone can.....   we can do it together! 

September 10, 2008, 1:15 pm CDT

I want today to be the heaviest day of my life

Fellow message board members...I too am so sick of being overweight...pain in the legs and poor health.  As I stated in my title message, I want today to be the heaviest weight that I will be for the rest of my life because the weight will be going down from this point forward.  I need to geet the dust off of the excercise equipement in the basement and get started...

Good luck to all!!!

September 10, 2008, 1:15 pm CDT

Fat Nurse Needs HELP

I am a 43 yr  old mom of 2 boys 12 & 10.  I weigh 220 and am 5'6.  I got divoreced a couple  years ago, and wanted to look so hot when I turned 40, not I find I have re-evaluated that to look hot by 50!  I found myself watching Dr. Phils first weight loss special while eating a brownie and cola !!  I want to be thin and lose the weight in my head, but don't make myself do it. Like right now, I know the dog would love to walk but I ave dinner to make and have to go to work etc... all perfect sabotaging excuses.  I need HELP !!!!  I need you all to help encourage me to get off the couch, eat right and get active!
I get winded so easy, my legs hurt from knee arthritis, and I have a lower back injury from a car accident that causes me pain, but rather than push thru the pain I use it as an excuse, it hurts to much to move !  I also work nights 7p-7a, and dinner is what I bring.  I bring a salad, but have someone run out for taco bel at 2am becaseu I'm still hugry after a salad! 
Then I sleep all day, get up at 3pm, and start eating junk, then eat dinner with my kids before work @5pm, and then eat again @3am.  God help me if there is chocolate at work !!

Please help me, be a buddy and lets do this.  I want to lose 50 pounds.

September 10, 2008, 1:20 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

Quote From: cindy_fuller

I'm 58 and I too just watched the first weight loss show of the season !!   It Was Great !

I need to lose about 50 lbs but would be glad to lose 30  , but  it's sooo hard !

I don't work outside of the home either because I had a knee replacement done and I'm  still not back on my feet completely , plus I have arthritis and if I could lose some weight I'm sure it would help me... Its still difficult to go out walking very far but today I did it and I'm planning on going tomorrow morning ... You owe it to yourself and your family to get into shape ...I know you can do ! 

SOO  YOU GO GIRL !!!!

GET OUT FOR THAT WALK AND KEEP A JOURNAL OF WHAT YOU EAT THIS WEEK AND YOU WILL SEE A LOSE NEXT WEEK .. GOOD LUCK

I too need to lose 50 lbs but would take 30.  And I have terrible arthritis from a car accident. I'm sure its worse due to my extra wieght.  Lets do this together  .  I so need a support system!  I have to work tonight and should walk in the am before bed, but I usually tell myself I'm too tired.  I will really try in the am to walk before bed.  Wish me luck

September 10, 2008, 1:28 pm CDT

hurray YOU!

Quote From: daniray1999

I lost my Leslie Sansone DVD but I'm leaving the house to go buy it right now. I loved it when I actually used it.
I have this DVD and you have just inspired me to get off the sofa, dust that puppy off, and get my butt moving!   I used to love working out to that DVD too....  and as of today will love it again!  Thank you for the motivation!  By the way, it will be the best purchase you've made all week!

September 10, 2008, 1:38 pm CDT

You can do this!!!

Quote From: mtnheart06

I am a 43 yr  old mom of 2 boys 12 & 10.  I weigh 220 and am 5'6.  I got divoreced a couple  years ago, and wanted to look so hot when I turned 40, not I find I have re-evaluated that to look hot by 50!  I found myself watching Dr. Phils first weight loss special while eating a brownie and cola !!  I want to be thin and lose the weight in my head, but don't make myself do it. Like right now, I know the dog would love to walk but I ave dinner to make and have to go to work etc... all perfect sabotaging excuses.  I need HELP !!!!  I need you all to help encourage me to get off the couch, eat right and get active!
I get winded so easy, my legs hurt from knee arthritis, and I have a lower back injury from a car accident that causes me pain, but rather than push thru the pain I use it as an excuse, it hurts to much to move !  I also work nights 7p-7a, and dinner is what I bring.  I bring a salad, but have someone run out for taco bel at 2am becaseu I'm still hugry after a salad! 
Then I sleep all day, get up at 3pm, and start eating junk, then eat dinner with my kids before work @5pm, and then eat again @3am.  God help me if there is chocolate at work !!

Please help me, be a buddy and lets do this.  I want to lose 50 pounds.

It may seem overwhelming now but get that mind set and keep Dr Phil's 1st key a priority and post it everywhere. you can make the changes you need to you can do the exercises you need in modification to you health you will feel better.  I know you can do this and I will try to keep up the encouragement

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last