Message Boards

Topic : No Excuses Workout Tips…

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:29:42 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
No time, no equipment …  Sound familiar? The bottom line is there is NO EXCUSE for not eating right and exercising.  Share your no excuses strategies for staying fit!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 1:42 pm CDT

The Start of My new Life

Today is my  new start.  I am 32, and have recently realized that I am killing myself 3 lbs at a time.  I look back on my life when my weight was normal and remember that I thought I was fat.  Now I have to loose 50 lbs.  I have high blood pressure and I am sugar is running my life.  Dr Pepper is my drug of choice.  I have wondered how I have gotten to this point only to realize that it is about 3-4 lbs a year that I have gained...don't seem like much in a year.  But multiply that times 15 yrs....and you get around 50 lbs!!!

September 10, 2008, 1:46 pm CDT

You can do it!!

Quote From: yubbyd

Well, I am SICK of being FAT! I AM Fat no matter what my hubby says LOL I know me, and i am NOT meant to be this fluffy LOL. One of the things i deal with is getting out and walking on my road that is very busy, and with two little kids. I LOVE the idea of walking in my living room. :)
I am getting a treadmill from a friend, i asked for Wii Fit for my anniversay on 9-14, told my hubby I would be mad if i DIDN'T get it :)
Tomorrow while my daughter is in school, my son and i will walk, NO EXCUSES! ASK me how i did tomorrow 3pm EST heehehehe

Lets go get skinneh! 

Please be thankful you have a hubby that doesn't insult you You can do this and its is great you have you son to walk with. I love my dvd to walk in my living room its perfect for me. I can't wait to find out how you do.

sunshiner77

September 10, 2008, 1:48 pm CDT

USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM!

Just like in the show, do this process with a friend or buddy! you can help each other stay motivated and keep each other on your toes.  I find it nice to have a gym partner or someone I know I can talk to about weight and my goals!

September 10, 2008, 2:07 pm CDT

Looking for a Weight Loss buddy in the NW suburbs of Minneapolis, MN

Hello,

I live in the Brooklyn Center area and would love to find someone to go walking, biking and working on the weight loss challenge together.  I hate going alone so I don't go.  Make me accountable to someone besides myself.  You help me and I will help you. 

September 10, 2008, 2:24 pm CDT

We can do this!

Hi, I am 53 years young.LOL I am the grandmother to 13 grandbabies and I want to be able to run and play with them. Just had a spinal fusion done in Feb, and the arthroscopic left knee done in April. The back is wonderful but the knee is still giving me fits. Went to get a bicycle 2 weeks ago and wrecked while trying it out and now have a fractured tailbone, So I have decided that instead of laying around and eating that I will try walking, getting an exercise bike from a friend and away I will go. Hopefully I will stay seated on this one,LOL. Seriously, I do want to get this fat gone, I am 5'4" and weigh 242. I want to get down to between 150 and 135. So I need all your help and prayers.Have high blood pressure and am type 2 diabetic. I know this is all do to my overweight. Time to get off my bums and DO THIS NOW!!!!!!Love & Prayers to all Tee

September 10, 2008, 2:28 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

Quote From: cfenstermaker

I am so overweight and so sick of it!!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I want to make the right decisions about what I eat and how much movement I make.  I felt like it was a gift from God today when I was flipping the TV channels and ran into the Dr. Phil show about how so many of us Americans were out of control and so overweight.  I am hoping that I can get the help and support that I need to make the necessary changes here on this website.  I have a big problem with staying motivated and have very little self control.  I will try to get onto this site daily to seek help from all of you and hopefully give you the motivation and help that you may need.  I am going to start a diary here today too.  Let's do it and loose some weight folks :)

I also felt like it was a gift from God ro be able to watch the show today. Praying for your success. Tee

September 10, 2008, 2:28 pm CDT

Modebb needs some accountability with exercise!

OK! I have been trying to change my lifestyle since Nov. 97. I have lost 57 lbs but need help in the exercise dept. I walk with Leslie Sansone DVD and ride a bike as far as 6 miles. I get bored with it all and need some help staying motivated to move. Any one who wants to stay accountable everyday and report truthfully  every up and especially down meet me here everyday! 

September 10, 2008, 2:32 pm CDT

weight loss for daughters wedding

I am a 58 year old mom of grown children,  Our daughter is getting married in April and I would really like to lose about 30 pounds.  My husband and I have been talking about loosing some weight but sort of in a joking way - but it is time to get serious.  I love walking but always find some excuse why I don't walk- to hot, to cold, to early, to late, but not any more.  I'm going to really watch what I eat, cut out large restaurant meals and get walking.  Good luck everyone and hopefully we will all be a little thinner come spring.

September 10, 2008, 2:37 pm CDT

Just Sweat it Out

I'll be the first one to confess that I make excuses for not working out.  I'm a college student and I'll use the excuse of having too much homework, but I always seem to find time to watch TV or surf the internet.  I'm also guilty of not exercising if everything doesn't go just right- for instance if I don't get up in time to go work out before class I won't make another time (ie after class) to go either.  One thing I can usually make myself do (and this is a little embarassing) is one of those old Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies tapes.  All of the outdated clothing and hairstyles make them very funny, and the exercises are fun to do.  It's just like dancing around, and I can even get my 11 year old niece to do it with me.

I've enjoyed reading all of the posts on this message board and am excited about becoming part of this.  I've recently lost about 12 pounds, but I need to lose 60-70 more to be in a healthy weight range.  Good luck to everyone out there.

September 10, 2008, 2:57 pm CDT

My Chel

Quote From: cindy_fuller

GOOD FOR YOU ... I HAVE THE DVD ALSO , SO I WILL GET IT OUT AND START WALKING ! 

THANKS  GOOD LUCK TO YOU !

Thank you for your words of encouragement. My wonderful also says get going, as she swips the tv remote from my pudgy fingers. So thank you and keep sharing your positive comments.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last