Message Boards

Topic : No Excuses Workout Tips…

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:29:42 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
No time, no equipment …  Sound familiar? The bottom line is there is NO EXCUSE for not eating right and exercising.  Share your no excuses strategies for staying fit!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 2:57 pm CDT

NEED SOME ENCOURAGEMENT

Hello, everyone. I am a 34 year old mom of three teen sons, ages 16,15,and 12. I work a full-time job at a hospital as well as a part-time job at a nursing home and am also a nursing student. So as you can see, I have a very busy life, but I am about 30 lbs overweight and am absolutely miserable. I really want to get rid of this weight and change my lifestyle for myself and my family (especially my 12 and 15 year olds who are both about 20 lbs overweight and my husband who is at least 50 lbs overweight, but due to my very busy life I don't have the time to go out to a gym. Does anyone have any tips about what we can do from home (maybe something that has worked for you). I'm desperate at this point and don't want my husband and children to end up with health problems due to their weight. I really could use some encouragement and support. Hope to hear from someone soon.

September 10, 2008, 3:00 pm CDT

Smaller You

Quote From: modebb

OK! I have been trying to change my lifestyle since Nov. 97. I have lost 57 lbs but need help in the exercise dept. I walk with Leslie Sansone DVD and ride a bike as far as 6 miles. I get bored with it all and need some help staying motivated to move. Any one who wants to stay accountable everyday and report truthfully  every up and especially down meet me here everyday! 

Stay with it. I once told a friend youll quit me before I quit you. Well I quit first and now Im fat. So daily may be tough, but lets give it a try.

I think losing 57 lbs. its outstanding. Whatever you do, DONT quit now.

September 10, 2008, 3:23 pm CDT

get off my duff

hello all,

i was watching the show today and decided it's time for me to make a change. i am a 44 year old mother of 3 boys, work full time and love taking pictures on the side. i have put on weight that is way too much for my height...unfortunately when you want your life to grow, sometimes the wrong things start growing, in my case, my body! (and not vertically) I need to loose at least 45 lbs. my father died from complications from being obese and i want to be around for my sons and hopefully grandchildren for a long time. so today is the day, and i am going to need lots of support and i will be supportive to you. thanks in advance for being here.

September 10, 2008, 3:36 pm CDT

No Excuses Workout Tips…

i have a beautiful baby boy that is 7 months old and Im having A really hard time getting the weight off. Its really hard on my personal life i don't want to go out because and i think people are always looking at me i don't like the way i look.

September 10, 2008, 3:40 pm CDT

A New Me

I am excellent at finding excuses for anything and everything.  I cannot make them anymore!  I do need support and help though because I am pretty sure I cannot do this on my own.   My goal is to lose 30 pounds and start changing my life!  I can do it!

September 10, 2008, 4:02 pm CDT

A New Me!

Quote From: tiaraquelle

I am excellent at finding excuses for anything and everything.  I cannot make them anymore!  I do need support and help though because I am pretty sure I cannot do this on my own.   My goal is to lose 30 pounds and start changing my life!  I can do it!

Wow you took the words right out of my mouth. I also want to lose 30 pounds! I do want to change my life.Its nice to hear I am not alone!! We CAN do this!!!! I have tried a few diets and I just couldn't stay strong with them. I am praying this will work for me.

September 10, 2008, 4:09 pm CDT

Me Too

Quote From: princesslulu

The last 2yrs have been extremely challenging for me.  Everything from a lost job, bill problems, and I could go on but why go on with that negativity... Instead I decided to take charge of my life instead of letting life take charge of me.  I started a part time job so that I could start college full time just 3wks ago at the age of 41.  It will take me 7-8yrs but I will finish with a PH D in Pharmacy.  I made my mind up that I will not quit and will not fail.  11 days ago, I quit smoking after 23yrs.  And now today, I am taking control of another part of my life which I have never been able to control....  my weight!  I am taking the weight loss challenge! I am 110 lbs over weight and I can't blame it on quitting smoking, it's only been 11 days and I didn't gain 110 lbs in 11 days!  I can't wait to post another message here as I forge ahead to make all of these life changes! Theres only 1 me and I only have 1 life.....   I'm going to make it the very best and make it count!  If I can do it anyone can.....   we can do it together! 

I have been in the same boat for a few years now also.  I made up my mind also that I am done with the "fat business".  I have been walking for the past week now.  I too have a knee problem.  Blew the ACL twice in the same knee.  But, just these past few days, I have actually felt better.  I am going to do it this time, and can use all the encouragement I can get.  Good luck to you and everyone else.  Hope to get back with you next week weighing a few pounds less.

September 10, 2008, 4:29 pm CDT

Eating disorder

I would love to be in on this challange but I guess my bulimia wont help , I think I'm the only Fat bulimic in the united states

September 10, 2008, 4:43 pm CDT

I'll give it my all

I will exercise and give it my all to try to do this on my own, one more time.I hope that they give us some tips on healthy eating and maybe some exercise tips too, I have have to do something.It was excited when the show came onand was all geared up and then thought, uggg, my eating disorder.I am determend to give it my best shot ! Mentally and physicly

September 10, 2008, 4:45 pm CDT

I am right there too

Quote From: sunshiner77

Dr. Phil is so right with his first Key Its the our mind set our thinking Getting our thinking and determination on track and know this is the time and what we want and need. I know so far I have lost 28 lbs and have 90 more to go and we can do it by Gods grace and you are right He had you see that show to day for a reason He is all sovereign.  We can do this!!!!
Just join and watching Dr. Phil what they-he is saying is so true and it seems the motivation / support will be here so I'm with you. Lets get to it.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last