Message Boards

Topic : No Excuses Workout Tips…

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:29:42 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
No time, no equipment …  Sound familiar? The bottom line is there is NO EXCUSE for not eating right and exercising.  Share your no excuses strategies for staying fit!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 4:55 pm CDT

Overweight and sick of it!

Quote From: cfenstermaker

I am so overweight and so sick of it!!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I want to make the right decisions about what I eat and how much movement I make.  I felt like it was a gift from God today when I was flipping the TV channels and ran into the Dr. Phil show about how so many of us Americans were out of control and so overweight.  I am hoping that I can get the help and support that I need to make the necessary changes here on this website.  I have a big problem with staying motivated and have very little self control.  I will try to get onto this site daily to seek help from all of you and hopefully give you the motivation and help that you may need.  I am going to start a diary here today too.  Let's do it and loose some weight folks :)

I am also overweight and sick of it!  Three years ago I was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease that attacked my lungs mostly and also my sinus, ears, eyes and kidney's in a lesser way.  The treatment is daily oral chemo and prednisone and probably indefinately.  In those three years I have gained 35 pounds. My doctors tell me that it is nearly impossible to lose weight on prednsione but I have been fighting back ....watching my diet and finally have been able to walk every night 1.7 miles a day and I still gain weight!  I did start journaling my food intake and found that even though I am eating healthy things I am eating WAY too much!  So I am keeping that journal going and today I decided to get on my treadmill and put in an extra 30 minutes of walking .....I turned on the TV to Dr Phil and of course he had the Ultimate weight loss challenge going! Talk about appropriate!  Motivation is a huge problem with me as the chemo really drags me down.  Any motiviation would be greatly appreciated.  Lets do this!

September 10, 2008, 4:56 pm CDT

Now is my time

I have been using the "I have to start to lose weight" line for months and I still am at the weight I was when I started to say that tired old line. I am an emotional eater. There are family problems and I use food to feel better. The problem is being overweight makes me feel worse. Now is my time to get serious...for real.

September 10, 2008, 5:55 pm CDT

Did the first weightloss too, need support please

I did the first one dr phill did and i lost 62 lbs yaaaaaaaaaa ...BUT... ya most of you know the story . I gained it all back and then some more.I was so excited when i saw he was doing another one because he just motivates me so much.

i am a mom of a teenage girl and it has not been easy and that is why i have been eating , now that is my excuse, but i know that i eat when i am happy, sad,confused,worried and the list go on and on so it is time to start and i did 2 dayes ago.

Igot a par of walking sticks from my mom in denmark , and i finnely got the nerve to use them 2 dayes ago. They are wondeful guys please try a par if you get a chance, you breath better, and you got your arms going to so it is a win win thing to do if you dont have alot of machines you can use.

I live in British columbia in canada and i am 43. I weigh 311 lbs and want to get  down to 238 lbs by next summer.

Hope to met new friends .

September 10, 2008, 6:08 pm CDT

Practicing What I Preach!!

I'm out of town on a business trip that was canceled today.  Heading home tomorrow.  Packed all my stuff except my PC, PJ's, toothbrush and a change of clothes for tomorrow.

I HAULED 3 SUITCASES DOWN 6 FLIGHTS OF STAIRS IN THREE TRIPS AND TOOK THE STAIRS UP EACH TIME!!!!

I think I'm gonna die!!!  My Aleve in in my suitcase....down in the rental.....what the hell was I thinking????

I'm gonna take a long hot soak and hope I can haul my fat fanny out of the tub!!!!

Remember:  LOSERS DON'T MAKE EXCUSES!!!

(but I'll pay for this in the morning....)  LOLLLLLL

Patti

September 10, 2008, 6:12 pm CDT

I'll be thin when I wake up, Right, right?

At 46 and 50 lbs overweight just in the last 6yrs.  I'm not suppose to ever get this way.  What happened and when.  Well funny how this week I have been reflecting a lot on myself and who I want to be and I don't want to be this fat, insecure me I want to be the real me thinner and more respectful of myself.  Then bamo!!! as if Dr.Phil could read my mind this show came on.  I make tons of excuses for not working out and eating right,  because I feel like I haven't change any habits from when I was thin, so maybe this is a joke and I'll wake up tomarrow and I'll be my old self again.  I mean I gained it without hardly noticing maybe it'll go away like that.   I'm facing the fact now that won't happen....soo I'm reaching out I need a support group.  I promise to help anyone, anyway I can.   So let's go!!!

September 10, 2008, 6:31 pm CDT

Dear I'll Be Thin...

Quote From: jnk1492

At 46 and 50 lbs overweight just in the last 6yrs.  I'm not suppose to ever get this way.  What happened and when.  Well funny how this week I have been reflecting a lot on myself and who I want to be and I don't want to be this fat, insecure me I want to be the real me thinner and more respectful of myself.  Then bamo!!! as if Dr.Phil could read my mind this show came on.  I make tons of excuses for not working out and eating right,  because I feel like I haven't change any habits from when I was thin, so maybe this is a joke and I'll wake up tomarrow and I'll be my old self again.  I mean I gained it without hardly noticing maybe it'll go away like that.   I'm facing the fact now that won't happen....soo I'm reaching out I need a support group.  I promise to help anyone, anyway I can.   So let's go!!!
I think you read MY mind!!  I'm 42 and 50 lbs overweight...never, ever had a weight problem before, used to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted...then, like you said, over the last 6 years, it crept up on me.  I look in the mirror now and absolutely HATE my reflection.  I've never really dieted before, and I know I still have all my old bad habits from when I was thin, so this really is going to be a life-changing experience for me, too!  I think the hardest part for me is becoming more active...I work at home on the computer a couple hours a day, then it's laundry, cleaning, taxiing the kids every which way, and by the time dinner and homework are done, the last thing I want to do is work out!  But I know I've gotta do it!  The time is now!  I want to be able to enjoy life - my husband and I had a dream vacation to Hawaii in November and I surprised him with a vow renewal ceremony on the beach...looking at the pictures of it though, it's more like a nightmare than a dream!  I look like a beached whale compared to what I looked like when we first got married 17 years ago!  I don't need to be a size 6 again - just to feel good about myself and like what I see in the mirror, whatever that size is.  Anyway, I'm here for ya! 

September 10, 2008, 6:45 pm CDT

Ready, oh , so ready!

I am ready for this! No more excuses! I need to stop feeding my children McDonalds, Taco bell, Wendys etc. They do not need to learn the habits I have for fast food! If anything I want them to be healthy and happy and live long lives because I taught them how. I want a new live style and new way of thinking about food. I really have problems with QUICK recipes that I can make that are healthy!

September 10, 2008, 6:49 pm CDT

I hear you.....

Quote From: jnk1492

I am also 46 will be 47 next month.  I too would love to wake up thin   NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.  I would really be thankful to have a friend to help me through  this weight loss, And would help to get  you motivated as well.  A couple of years ago I was on the right path then as we all know life happens.  This is when you put yourself on hold and take care of everyone else.  And before you know it you look into the mirror and BOOM the you, you used to know isn't there.  WOW !!!!!!!!........ MAJOR DEPRESSION.  I  think we would have a positive start to rebuild a more rewarding future. Lets Kick our butts and minds into shape.

September 10, 2008, 7:47 pm CDT

Hi! New friend

Quote From: jan_ne

I did the first one dr phill did and i lost 62 lbs yaaaaaaaaaa ...BUT... ya most of you know the story . I gained it all back and then some more.I was so excited when i saw he was doing another one because he just motivates me so much.

i am a mom of a teenage girl and it has not been easy and that is why i have been eating , now that is my excuse, but i know that i eat when i am happy, sad,confused,worried and the list go on and on so it is time to start and i did 2 dayes ago.

Igot a par of walking sticks from my mom in denmark , and i finnely got the nerve to use them 2 dayes ago. They are wondeful guys please try a par if you get a chance, you breath better, and you got your arms going to so it is a win win thing to do if you dont have alot of machines you can use.

I live in British columbia in canada and i am 43. I weigh 311 lbs and want to get  down to 238 lbs by next summer.

Hope to met new friends .

Hi...i too  need to lose alot of weight .What you said been there done that bought the t-shirt.I have  yet to begin. It's like I'm afraid to start again but I want to.and I don't.lately I lose 10 gain 20. Hope to hear from you .Friend

September 10, 2008, 8:20 pm CDT

IM THERE

Quote From: mnb1stchld

I am ready for this! No more excuses! I need to stop feeding my children McDonalds, Taco bell, Wendys etc. They do not need to learn the habits I have for fast food! If anything I want them to be healthy and happy and live long lives because I taught them how. I want a new live style and new way of thinking about food. I really have problems with QUICK recipes that I can make that are healthy!
I NEED TO STOP FEEDING MY SELF MCDONALDS. I am so ready to get this weight off. I am 40 years old and  I need to lose more than 100 pounds. I need this to work this time. I have had Gastric Bypas only to not change the bad habits. I am not going to just wake up thin, so I have to do the work, I am here to find the support of others in the same boat as I.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last