Message Boards

Topic : No Excuses Workout Tips…

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:29:42 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
No time, no equipment …  Sound familiar? The bottom line is there is NO EXCUSE for not eating right and exercising.  Share your no excuses strategies for staying fit!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 9, 2008, 9:29 pm CDT

GOOD LUCK

Quote From: jaamtaf

I am 46 and just watched the first weight loss show of the season and really want to loose some weight. I have lots of excuses why I shouldn't work out, and now could use some excuse free tips. I have two sons, 9th grade and 7th grade, I do not work out side the home but am always busy managing the household. This is the first time I have not had to work extensively with the school and my oldest son (special needs) so am feeling a bit in limbo about how long this will last (not having to go in everyday). My excuse to not go for a walk today is it's kind of chilly - 58 degrees. But I know the dog needs the walk and so do I. So . . . a little encouragement and support would be much appreciated.
NOTHING TASTES AND GOOD AS THIN FEELS :)

October 22, 2008, 3:32 pm CDT

No Time For a workout?

OK I will discribe to you what my day is like... Up at 4am, first cup of coffee, Meditation and journal writing, second cup of coffee, 5:15 get dressed for the gym and leave at 5:30am. I work out till about 7:30am, at least 0ne hour of a cardio work out. Shower and off to ten hours of work. I get home around 7:45pm and sleeping by 9pm.On my Three days off I also work a part time job and have to find time around that. Sometimes I work there from 6am to 9:30pm, so there is the excuse not to go to the gym, on sunday it is closed.

So here is the excuse on why I can't lose weight...There is No Diet Out There that doesn't cost a lot of money. If you have an large income you can afford a gym membership and pay for organic, free range, no additives foods. For all the low income people, just stop eating...I can afford that. 

October 24, 2008, 1:35 am CDT

Cost is not the issue what you want is-

Quote From: cherisis

OK I will discribe to you what my day is like... Up at 4am, first cup of coffee, Meditation and journal writing, second cup of coffee, 5:15 get dressed for the gym and leave at 5:30am. I work out till about 7:30am, at least 0ne hour of a cardio work out. Shower and off to ten hours of work. I get home around 7:45pm and sleeping by 9pm.On my Three days off I also work a part time job and have to find time around that. Sometimes I work there from 6am to 9:30pm, so there is the excuse not to go to the gym, on sunday it is closed.

So here is the excuse on why I can't lose weight...There is No Diet Out There that doesn't cost a lot of money. If you have an large income you can afford a gym membership and pay for organic, free range, no additives foods. For all the low income people, just stop eating...I can afford that. 

I hear you about it being expensive to join a gym etc...but I have found If I just move more in my daily life- stand up periodically even a t work- I Work 12 hour shifts!- Nights- after the drive home and the taking care of the dogs- and daily chores I am lucky if I even get 5 hours of sleep before I start it all over again- and I AM NOT making excuses- I HAVe been more active on my days off and even at work- walking the ramps in the parking garage- on a 15 minute break 3 times a night... I have lost some wieght and am confident with the support of others here I will continue to- HEy I beat the smoking!- I can beat the wieght!-

As far as the food costs i am  trying to eat more fresh foods instead of processed and more grains- Seems to be working fine- not expensive just different- Good luck and remember this is not a DIET its a change in the way you live- the first 3 letters in that word are DIE- and you want to LIVE- change your thinking and you will change your outcome-Di

November 4, 2008, 12:56 am CST

What to say to your sister in-law in a caring, loving way?

My sister in-law Holly is so extreamly overwieght. I swear the biggest woman I have personally met. 500 to 700 pnds. I no that she does have some health problems. She has just recently be told her thyroid has failed. She is on medication now to help with that. I just wonder if some one else could give me good info on how to say something. Will she be offended,hurt, what . Don't want any family problems but we are goona have them soon if we dont get her weight under control soon.

November 16, 2008, 5:05 pm CST

I understand exactly how she feels...

I'm about 400 lbs and pushing, i got my thyroid problems as well as a hernia and many others. Etc etc etc...

In all honesty, my parents have attempted occasionally to be supportive about it, but it's hard because none of them know how i feel. They arent 400 lbs...they dont worry that they wont wake up because they are so fat, they dont cry every time they see their reflection in the mirror. The best thing i think to do is set her up with a weight watchers membership. The people there help me feel better about myself...If only the funding wasn't an issue...

She will probably feell better talking to somebody who can relate to her. Hold her hand and work toward something with her. She can even call me if she wants, i'm open to talking.

November 22, 2008, 9:08 pm CST

Cost is not the issue what you want is

Quote From: diny123

I hear you about it being expensive to join a gym etc...but I have found If I just move more in my daily life- stand up periodically even a t work- I Work 12 hour shifts!- Nights- after the drive home and the taking care of the dogs- and daily chores I am lucky if I even get 5 hours of sleep before I start it all over again- and I AM NOT making excuses- I HAVe been more active on my days off and even at work- walking the ramps in the parking garage- on a 15 minute break 3 times a night... I have lost some wieght and am confident with the support of others here I will continue to- HEy I beat the smoking!- I can beat the wieght!-

As far as the food costs i am  trying to eat more fresh foods instead of processed and more grains- Seems to be working fine- not expensive just different- Good luck and remember this is not a DIET its a change in the way you live- the first 3 letters in that word are DIE- and you want to LIVE- change your thinking and you will change your outcome-Di

I know it's hard to get motivated to workout, but every little bit helps to get your butt off the couch or chair. I know, I gained 75 pounds during my pregnancy and now lost 38 pounds, my daughter will be 7 months old next week. Yes walking is a GREAT way to move your body, as for the food costs, I have been doing "Portion Control" and found out that you actually save money when you measure the food and realize you are eating less, therefore you don't buy as much. What works for me is "Portion Control" and "Calories In" vs "Calories Out". Good Luck, we will all beat the "BEAST"

December 4, 2008, 3:43 am CST

Fighting the weight

Hey im Cara, im 209lbs at the moment, I find weight a constant battle and when everytime I walk out the door there is always someone to make me feel bad, people can be so cruel...I'v had years of cruelty...im 19 by the way, you know what i'v had enough of being fat i'm really going to push myself...if I can beat alcohol I can surly beat the bludge...I had a bad alcohol problem from the age of 14 to 18 years, it was really bad..there were times where I was able to drink 2 700ml bottles of straight scotch,bourban,vodka or woteva...really i'm lucky to be alive, people are so mean so my way in the past with dealing with problems was alcohol, I get so depressed, I cry almost everyday, i'v already suffered so much death with friends commiting suicide, losing friends to drugs(they might aswell be dead) and losing a close family friend to cancer, dont know why so many bad things happen to me....and suffer from anxiety problems like everytime I catch public transport I find I cant breath proply, it gets so overwhelming but I know I cant hide otherwise I wont get anywhere, the only one that can fix my problems is me....i'm going to show everyone that i'm not weak and i'm not going to give in to there tourments starting from today.....i'll msg regurly to let you's know what i'm up to...i'm going to change...no more hiding....GOTTA FIGHT IT!

December 4, 2008, 10:36 pm CST

Welcome Cara~

Quote From: cara2424

Hey im Cara, im 209lbs at the moment, I find weight a constant battle and when everytime I walk out the door there is always someone to make me feel bad, people can be so cruel...I'v had years of cruelty...im 19 by the way, you know what i'v had enough of being fat i'm really going to push myself...if I can beat alcohol I can surly beat the bludge...I had a bad alcohol problem from the age of 14 to 18 years, it was really bad..there were times where I was able to drink 2 700ml bottles of straight scotch,bourban,vodka or woteva...really i'm lucky to be alive, people are so mean so my way in the past with dealing with problems was alcohol, I get so depressed, I cry almost everyday, i'v already suffered so much death with friends commiting suicide, losing friends to drugs(they might aswell be dead) and losing a close family friend to cancer, dont know why so many bad things happen to me....and suffer from anxiety problems like everytime I catch public transport I find I cant breath proply, it gets so overwhelming but I know I cant hide otherwise I wont get anywhere, the only one that can fix my problems is me....i'm going to show everyone that i'm not weak and i'm not going to give in to there tourments starting from today.....i'll msg regurly to let you's know what i'm up to...i'm going to change...no more hiding....GOTTA FIGHT IT!
I am sure you can beat the wieght if you did the booze!- I hope you continue here there are a lot of nice supportive folks- I read the boards while at work on the night shift- feel free to leave a post on my blog page- good luck- and remember you cannot fail unless you fail to try!- Diana

December 17, 2008, 9:58 pm CST

exercise

Quote From: imagreatmom

I too love to walk!!  I didnt think about the "Walk Away the Pounds" until I read your Quote!!  Thank You and Best Wishes to Everyone...  I need to lose 55 lbs! 
the reason i stopped was because i have steel plate in ankle tat still swells up after 10 years aND HURTS.  I ALSO HAVE EMPHESYMA AND I GET LOUJT OF BREATH VERY EASIL PARTIALLY DUE TO BEING TOO FAT.

January 13, 2009, 4:51 pm CST

Hate the Weight

Hi everyone. My name is Diana and I am so upset about my weight its starting to affect almost every area of my life. I  am almost 46 years old and I am 5'"5' and I weigh 190 lbs.. I am embarrassed and ashamed ..I have tried every diet going but I have a hard time with exercise.. I have bulging discs in my back and it makes it so hard to exercise without hurting myself.. I dint go out much and I am now starting to cry when I eat or if I happen to see myself in the mirror when I am naked which believe me I try real hard not to see that.. I have a great job (I am a forklift operator for Strubs Pickles) and I have great friends and a great guy who is slim and in great shape and doesn't understand cause he loves me the way I am God bless him.. I guess what I am looking for is some encouragement and possibly some exercise tips for someone with back pain issues.. So good luck to anyone fighting this horrible fight and thanks for listening

First | Prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next | Last