Message Boards

Topic : Join the 50 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 495
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:07:52 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 50 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 10, 2008, 8:35 am CST

Time to weigh in

Hi Everyone, It's time for my weekly weigh in again. Only 1 pound loss this week but I'll take it.

Hope everyone has had a good week. Looking forward to hearing the up dates on everybody, so start exercising your fingers and get typing gang. With me that's really only a two fingered exercise but those two fingers are getting so buff.  HA HA

Nancy

November 10, 2008, 9:50 am CST

Do I dare trust my scale?

Hi all!
For a while I've been weighing myself and seeing only a pound loss here and there, sometimes the scale just goes right back to where I started! So after like 2 weeks of not weighing myself, I just checked and saw that since we started here I've lost 15 lbs! Could it be true? I feel good, my clothes are fitting better. Wow. I don't know, I'm still suspicious.

Anyway, I'm sitting here looking outside and seeing that it's gonna rain soon so should I go for a run now or postpone it til later. You know what usually happens, of course, when I postpone it. I conveniently forget about it. But with the rain and all... No, I think I'll run later or if it's crappy out I'll do some dance-aerobics inside. Now that I announced I'm going to do it, it keeps me honest. Thanks for being here, y'all.

November 10, 2008, 5:56 pm CST

Don't call your scale a liar

Quote From: here2lose50

Hi all!
For a while I've been weighing myself and seeing only a pound loss here and there, sometimes the scale just goes right back to where I started! So after like 2 weeks of not weighing myself, I just checked and saw that since we started here I've lost 15 lbs! Could it be true? I feel good, my clothes are fitting better. Wow. I don't know, I'm still suspicious.

Anyway, I'm sitting here looking outside and seeing that it's gonna rain soon so should I go for a run now or postpone it til later. You know what usually happens, of course, when I postpone it. I conveniently forget about it. But with the rain and all... No, I think I'll run later or if it's crappy out I'll do some dance-aerobics inside. Now that I announced I'm going to do it, it keeps me honest. Thanks for being here, y'all.

WAY TO GO!   I know you've been a little discouraged  because you feel your results are coming slowly, but this just proves all the hard work you have been  doing is paying off.  So, believe the scale and congrads on the 15 lbs. YOU ROCK!

Keep up the good work !

Nancy

November 12, 2008, 2:22 pm CST

Thanks

Quote From: todayishere

Hi Cindy,

Sorry to hear you are still sick. You've had that crap for a while. Sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

Get well

Nancy

Thanks Nancy,

I finally gave in and went to the doctor yesterday and he put me on antibiotics - after 4 weeks!  I kept thinking it would just run it's course.  Guess I may as well have gone in 2 weeks ago and I'd be well by now.  Oh well, you never know.

The good news is, in spite of all this today was weigh-in day and I still managed to lose one pound.  Yeah!  I was so afraid I'd gain since my schedule has been so bad (in keeping up with my walking and all).  Just hope I'll now be back to feeling MUCH better soon.

November 13, 2008, 6:48 am CST

checking in

Hi everyone,

Just checking in. It's been awhile. Next week is my next goal, but I'm not going to make it and that's okay. Cindy, I can sympathize with you and trying to focus while being sick. I've been ill for 2 weeks and finally got antibiotics which helped, but also made me very sick. I'm happy to say I feel ten times better today and am looking forward to getting back to the gym this afternoon. I weighed myself this morning to check the damage, and was happy to see I didn't gain or lose through it all.

Nancy - congrats on the latest pound loss. You go girl!

Deb - welcome to the group. I hope you find this meesage board as supportive as I do. The group you're starting at work is very commendable. I wish more worksplaces would be supportive of healthy living.

Hi to everyone else out there! Hope to hear from you soon.

Ellahni

November 13, 2008, 6:59 am CST

thank you

Quote From: littlepist

and know that you have now gotten the secret.  Nothing is long term unless you change your lifestyle to support that change.    I've seen several person close to me have this surgery.   I've lost a couple friends who have passed away from complications including my husband's former wife.    I've also know several other persons who have lost lots of weight but struggle to maintain it or are slowly gaining it back.   It's a great aid but not the answer in itsself as you have found.

You seem ready to get Real.   And ready to do the work it takes so hope you will join us and stay strong.Got some people here so TTYL.

HUGS,Char

yes i am ready to get REAL after all the struggle i am honest about it too... i have spoken with some many patients who still struggle,, I am focused and deteremined. thank you

November 13, 2008, 12:47 pm CST

To The Recovering Gals

Hi Cindy and Ellahni

So glad you both are feeling better.Being sick can really throw a wrench into workout plans. Sounds like you both came through your down time okay though with no real damage to your weight loss efforts. That's good and again I am glad you both are on the road to recovery. Hang in there, I'm sure things will be back on track soon.

Take care

Nancy

November 13, 2008, 11:09 pm CST

Kansas City!

Quote From: debnthevillage

Hi everyone!   I'm Deb- 55 years old.  I'm a registered nurse and live in Kansas-    What I have avoided for so long is being honest that as a nurse I don't practice what I preach.   I work with a large group of cardiologists. Eating healthy,exercising, it's the most popular prescription we write for our patients and when I tell my patients about healthing eating, basically I'm telling them, 'that's what you NEED to do, I'm fine."
A good friend told me at dinner one evening that there was something she had been afraid to say to me, and I said, "let it out."  And she told me that she was worried about me.  About my health and also that as a nurse, am I actually honoring my word as a nurse.
My first reaction through a few tears was to tell her that what I got in that moment is that she loves me, and then confess that I pretend that it doesn't matter what size I am, how healthy I am.  I told her, "I'm a great nurse, that's all that matters."   And that pretense is covering up that I consider myself a failure in most areas of my life.  it was the first time I'd admitted that to anyone including myself..    That I feel like a failure. Since that conversation, I've started taking some actions to support me.  1 is to start writing things down that I eat.  I have always hated that idea and it has been eye opening.  Second, I decided to let people know how much I struggle with food and eating and that I'm embarrassed about my size 20 body-  I'm 5 foot 2 and weigh 210 pounds.  And then I went to one of my coworkers and said, "let's start a healthy life group in our office."  We have 200 employees and 35 cardiologists in our practice and the nurses in my office are going to start a group called, ATTACK ON FAT! MOVE IT TO LOSE IT!!    it's been fun to create this because I see that community is so important.   And I'm willing to share it with all my coworkers as we go through this incredible journey-  one of the actions I am taking is to check out what it looks like online in the way of community..  and join in and be open and honest about what it's like for me as a fat nurse who is wanting so much to live an active, fun life full of passion and joy!   I love life so much and I love being a nurse and I get that it takes loving myself as much as i love other people to make this work..   thank you for providing this community and I can't wait to read all the posts here and share with all of you..
many hugs and love to all-
Deb in Kansas City

So good to find someone close to home- I live in Independence!- Working 12 hour shifts nights I find so many excuses as to why i don't do things- I hope to watch your progress and be inspired to continue mine!- I am 5 foot 3 and 170-ish?  so understand the 16-18 size tango-

I hope we can both be good encouragment to all who read this and GO FOr IT!- Diana in Kansas City!

November 13, 2008, 11:55 pm CST

Call the weatherman a liar!!

I do declare, the weather forecasts here are always so laden with drama and sensationalism that I think the end of days is on the way and all we get is one clap of thunder and three drops of rain. Huh.

Best to never postpone fitness and just go and do it. My last run was extra long, just as I was heading to home a really cool song came on the ipod (What Goes Around, live version, Justin Timberlake) and I decided to tack on an extra few minutes. I think I'll do that regularly. Maybe kick it up a notch to 45 minutes, then eventually to an hour if I can find that much patience for a workout. We'll see, won't we?

Congrats to you all who are gettin' healthy after a hiatus. Sorry about your feelin' down but I'm glad you're on the way up!! Keep us up to date on what you're up to!

November 15, 2008, 5:03 pm CST

Join the 50 Pound Club

Hi ALL, I lost another 2 pounds this week at WW.  I must admit I was quite sick for a day or two, but was very happy to lose.  I must be very good this coming week so hopefully I will see the 10lb loss on FRIDAY.  Hope everyone tries their best this week.  GOOD LUCK ELLEN

First | Prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next | Last