Message Boards

Topic : Join the 50 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 495
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:07:52 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 50 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 16, 2008, 1:02 pm CST

Good Job Ellen

Quote From: elliepoo

Hi ALL, I lost another 2 pounds this week at WW.  I must admit I was quite sick for a day or two, but was very happy to lose.  I must be very good this coming week so hopefully I will see the 10lb loss on FRIDAY.  Hope everyone tries their best this week.  GOOD LUCK ELLEN

Congrats on the 2 lb. loss. Keep up that hard work and commitment. It's paying off. Good luck on reaching your  10lb. loss on Friday. I weigh in tomorrow and hope for good results. We'll see I guess. I've had a pretty good week so hopefully the scale will agree.

Nancy

November 16, 2008, 7:34 pm CST

Still going

Hi there everyone. I stayed the same again this week. I would normally be upset but I just can't be. I've put on jeans that I couldn't get over my hips two months ago. Everyone is finally asking how much weight I've lost. It's about time.

I had a tough time staying on track last week but after all the wonderful comments I feel better than ever. I hope this will be a huge week for me since next week is Thanksgiving. Keep up the good work and good luck on your weight loss.

Sherri

November 17, 2008, 7:43 am CST

Farewell Fat

Hi Guys,

Another weigh in and 3 more pounds gone. Yippee! This project is moving right along. Each passing week and each new weigh in, whether its 1, 2, or 5 pounds gone, only makes me more determined to see this thing through and finally reach and S T A Y    A T  the weight  I want to be. I still have a long way to go, but I'll get there. Sherri, Like you said I plan to work really hard these days before Thanksgiving. Not that I plan to go overboard on that day, but realistically, even just tasting all the dishes while I am cooking will add a few more calories to my day. My family is used to me cooking a huge dinner for all of them so I don't plan on cheating them out of their traditional feast. But for me, I'll be satisfied to enjoy the healthier, lower calorie foods within that feast and leave all the pies, cakes, etc, etc, for them to enjoy. If I get temped I'll just think about how much better I feel right now without all that junk in my system and that will get me through any weak moments,

Anyway,  I'm looking forward to hearing every body's update for this week, so start posting. I love reading posts from each and every one of you.

Take Care All.

Nancy

November 19, 2008, 1:00 pm CST

Pump it up!

Quote From: todayishere

Hi Guys,

Another weigh in and 3 more pounds gone. Yippee! This project is moving right along. Each passing week and each new weigh in, whether its 1, 2, or 5 pounds gone, only makes me more determined to see this thing through and finally reach and S T A Y    A T  the weight  I want to be. I still have a long way to go, but I'll get there. Sherri, Like you said I plan to work really hard these days before Thanksgiving. Not that I plan to go overboard on that day, but realistically, even just tasting all the dishes while I am cooking will add a few more calories to my day. My family is used to me cooking a huge dinner for all of them so I don't plan on cheating them out of their traditional feast. But for me, I'll be satisfied to enjoy the healthier, lower calorie foods within that feast and leave all the pies, cakes, etc, etc, for them to enjoy. If I get temped I'll just think about how much better I feel right now without all that junk in my system and that will get me through any weak moments,

Anyway,  I'm looking forward to hearing every body's update for this week, so start posting. I love reading posts from each and every one of you.

Take Care All.

Nancy

LOL! An extra workout or two and all those "tastings" won't be a factor, will they? I went out to dinner with a girlfriend last night and ate stuff I shouldn't have. So, there's my motivation for my run today! I'm out the door, Happy Early Thanksgiving to y'all...

November 23, 2008, 12:45 pm CST

To All

Quote From: here2lose50

LOL! An extra workout or two and all those "tastings" won't be a factor, will they? I went out to dinner with a girlfriend last night and ate stuff I shouldn't have. So, there's my motivation for my run today! I'm out the door, Happy Early Thanksgiving to y'all...
 Happy Thanksgiving........ Lets do our best.  Maybe get in a little more walking this week.  I did not loose this week at WW.  I did just have 2 choc chip cookies but I am still trying to think positive.  Tomorrow is another day.  Just too much stress..... But I know I have to come first when it come to weight.  Thanks for listening.  I needed to vent.... Bye  Ellen

November 24, 2008, 2:29 pm CST

back after 4 years...wow

I used to be on this board all the time and lost touch with it for 4 years...wow this is soooo cool.  I would love to join up again if you would welcome me???  Last time on here  was getting married and that was almost 4-years ago.  Great finding my way back...Shar are you on here???

Brenda from Winnipeg

November 24, 2008, 3:38 pm CST

Finally here to post weigh in

Hi Everyone

I have been trying to make it here all day to post my weigh in results, but have been repeatedly sidetracked.

I went cleaning crazy and did bathrooms, bed linen, laundry, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, etc,etc and I finally finished about 4:00. Then I knew if I sat down even for a few minutes, I'd never get my butt up to get my walking done, so I put in that 3 miles too ,before I gave myself a break. Now, I 'm showered and just chill-in the rest of the evening. Hubby's job took him out of town for 2 days, so it's no cooking tonight. Just a light supper for me and then me and my tired bones just relaxing in front of the TV.

But enough about all of that. I lost another 2 pounds this week. That makes a total of 40 pounds lost so far. Only 50 more to go. THAT SOUNDS TERRIBLE!        I think I will just concentrate on what I need to do week by week and not dwell on that 50 more pounds kind of thinking.

Anyway, hope you all have a good week and a great Thanksgiving. Don't splurge too much on that big ole feast. 

Take Care

Nancy

November 24, 2008, 3:46 pm CST

Welcome Brenda

Quote From: tagalog

I used to be on this board all the time and lost touch with it for 4 years...wow this is soooo cool.  I would love to join up again if you would welcome me???  Last time on here  was getting married and that was almost 4-years ago.  Great finding my way back...Shar are you on here???

Brenda from Winnipeg

Hi Brenda,

We are always ready to hear new stories from fellow weight fighters. Feel free to share yours with us at any time. I haven't  seen Char on here for a long time. Don't know what happened to her. Hopefully she'll re -appear.

Looking forward to your next post.

Nancy in Florida

November 24, 2008, 4:41 pm CST

You did WHAT???

Quote From: todayishere

Hi Everyone

I have been trying to make it here all day to post my weigh in results, but have been repeatedly sidetracked.

I went cleaning crazy and did bathrooms, bed linen, laundry, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, etc,etc and I finally finished about 4:00. Then I knew if I sat down even for a few minutes, I'd never get my butt up to get my walking done, so I put in that 3 miles too ,before I gave myself a break. Now, I 'm showered and just chill-in the rest of the evening. Hubby's job took him out of town for 2 days, so it's no cooking tonight. Just a light supper for me and then me and my tired bones just relaxing in front of the TV.

But enough about all of that. I lost another 2 pounds this week. That makes a total of 40 pounds lost so far. Only 50 more to go. THAT SOUNDS TERRIBLE!        I think I will just concentrate on what I need to do week by week and not dwell on that 50 more pounds kind of thinking.

Anyway, hope you all have a good week and a great Thanksgiving. Don't splurge too much on that big ole feast. 

Take Care

Nancy

Girl, you've lost 40 lbs so far???? You are my hero. Congrats. How do people even recognize you anymore? Wow. Just Wow.

No wonder you lost another 2 lbs, you probably did it just doing all that housework... And good for you for still gettin' out there to do the dirty work of exercise.

I don't think saying you have 50 more to go sounds terrible. Would you rather still be saying "I want to lose 90?" I thought so... ha ha!

Have a great Thanksgiving. Remember to stick to the turkey more than the desserts. Congrats again, I'm impressed and in awe of your determination. If anyone can make it to their final goal, I know it'll be you....

November 25, 2008, 8:36 am CST

checking in again

Hi everyone,

Today was my second goal day. Unfortunately I didn't lose anything. Fortunately, I didn't gain anything either. I'm not losing heart though. I know I didn't put forth my best effort or even a good effort these last few weeks. I could list the reasons here for you, but although they are real I feel I used them as excuses.

I am refocusing and making some changes to become successful again. We are going out for turkey day, which is good for me because there won't be leftovers! I'm going to focus my attention on the spirit of the holiday, not the food. Or at least try to anyway.

Nancy - congrats on the 40 pounds you've lost so far! I'm so proud of you.

Have a great holiday everyone!

Ellahni

First | Prev | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next | Last