Message Boards

Topic : Join the 50 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 495
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:07:52 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 50 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 25, 2008, 12:04 pm CST

thanks for welcoming me Nancy

Quote From: todayishere

Hi Brenda,

We are always ready to hear new stories from fellow weight fighters. Feel free to share yours with us at any time. I haven't  seen Char on here for a long time. Don't know what happened to her. Hopefully she'll re -appear.

Looking forward to your next post.

Nancy in Florida

Well, my husband and I moved into a 55 plus and they do all the cooking for us and I am literally packing on the weight.  I had a weight problem when we moved in 2 1/2 mths ago but not as bad as I do now.  I now weigh 207 lbs which is a jump of 10 lbs during that time.  Want to lose the weight in a healthy way.  I  have been married for 3 plus years and have five adult children and 12 grandchildren from a previous marriage.  We live in Winnipeg, manitoba Canada and have lovely snowy winters here.  I want to be part of a group that I can support in a positve way and a group that will also support me.  Hope all of you have a great thanksgiving...ours was in early October so no worry until Christmas when it comes to overeating...lol I only wish. every meal time is a challenge with so many desserts etc. 

Brenda in cold snowy Winnipeg 

November 25, 2008, 2:04 pm CST

Thanks Girl!

Quote From: here2lose50

Girl, you've lost 40 lbs so far???? You are my hero. Congrats. How do people even recognize you anymore? Wow. Just Wow.

No wonder you lost another 2 lbs, you probably did it just doing all that housework... And good for you for still gettin' out there to do the dirty work of exercise.

I don't think saying you have 50 more to go sounds terrible. Would you rather still be saying "I want to lose 90?" I thought so... ha ha!

Have a great Thanksgiving. Remember to stick to the turkey more than the desserts. Congrats again, I'm impressed and in awe of your determination. If anyone can make it to their final goal, I know it'll be you....

Thank You for the vote of confidence. I DO intend to make it to my goal but it really helps to have the encouragement from someone like you, who really understands what a battle this is.  I expect you to make it to your goal too.  WE CAN DO THIS!  You also have a great  Thanksgiving and again Thank You!  There is no pie in the world that is worth causing me a set back. I keep telling myself that and if I do feel a weak moment coming on, I'll think of you and your supporting words and walk right bye all 4 pies in my kitchen. We're tuff. We'll make progress this week in spite of Thanksgiving.

Take Care 

Nancy

November 25, 2008, 2:26 pm CST

Take the control Back

Quote From: ellahni

Hi everyone,

Today was my second goal day. Unfortunately I didn't lose anything. Fortunately, I didn't gain anything either. I'm not losing heart though. I know I didn't put forth my best effort or even a good effort these last few weeks. I could list the reasons here for you, but although they are real I feel I used them as excuses.

I am refocusing and making some changes to become successful again. We are going out for turkey day, which is good for me because there won't be leftovers! I'm going to focus my attention on the spirit of the holiday, not the food. Or at least try to anyway.

Nancy - congrats on the 40 pounds you've lost so far! I'm so proud of you.

Have a great holiday everyone!

Ellahni

Hi Ellahni

You sounded a little down hearted in your post. Maintaining and not gaining is still a good thing ya know. You hang in there and get back on track.I know how bad you want to loose this weight so don't let yourself get sidetracked. There will always be things that come up that we try to use as excuses to do less than we are capable of. Remember, YOU are the focus here and it is so easy to loose sight of that if you let it happen.   SO JUST DON'T GIRL. You are worth every bit of the effort you put into yourself. YOU CAN DO THIS!    So please just keep fighting and move forward to the success I know you can achieve.

You have a great Thanksgiving. Looking forward to you next progress report.      IT WILL HAPPEN! 

Take care

Nancy

November 27, 2008, 12:24 pm CST

Still hanging in here

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. My computer is 'at the doctor'. I should have it back Monday.  I've missed reading all the posts. Last week I lost three more pounds. I've done good this week but today will be a challenge. I've already walked and ran on the treadmill today. Talk to everyone later. Keep up the good work.

Sherri

November 28, 2008, 8:19 am CST

Good Job

Quote From: mail2sherri

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. My computer is 'at the doctor'. I should have it back Monday.  I've missed reading all the posts. Last week I lost three more pounds. I've done good this week but today will be a challenge. I've already walked and ran on the treadmill today. Talk to everyone later. Keep up the good work.

Sherri

Congrats Sherri on last weeks 3 pound loss. Hopefully yesterday went well for you . Good for you starting out your day right ,getting the exercise part done first. I managed to get through the day without over doing it. I ate a lot , but it was mostly fruit and veggies and I stayed away from all the desserts. I guess Monday's weigh in will tell. Well I'm off for my 3 mile walk. It's a bright sunny day here and about 70 degrees. Beautiful for walking. Keep up the good work.

Nancy

December 1, 2008, 10:57 am CST

Turkey Day Behind Us!

Hello Everyone

Hope Thanksgiving was good for everyone. No new posts today, so I guess I'll get the ball rolling.

I am very HAPPY to say that I still lost 3 pounds this week. When I got on the scales this morning I wasn't sure I'd see a loss because I did eat a little more on Thanksgiving day, but I managed to keep my fingers out of the desserts. Then I put in work out time on Fri, Sat and Sun so all turned out okay. YEE HAW!

Now that I got past this hurdle, my next goal is to loose another 10 pounds by New Years. We'll see!

Well off for my walk.Take care all and start posting. I MISS YOU !

PS.   CINDY TOURGUIDE  Where have you been ?????

December 1, 2008, 1:41 pm CST

Hi All!

And welcome, Brenda from the Frozen North. Nice to have you along. I wonder sometimes during my jogs what's happened to most of the crowd that used to post here. Some have given up, I'm sure. Others might have found inspiration elsewhere. And I hope that some have found support here that they translated into one-on-one emails and such instead of being here all the time.

Either way, I was thinking about it and hoping everyone's doing well. It's hard for me to make myself get on the scale but I did. It somehow showed I GAINED like 7 pounds. How can that be? I don't feel like I've gained weight. Clothes still fit better than they used to. This is the same scale that showed NO improvement for months, then a sudden 15 lb loss. Do I really have a whacked-out appliance or am I just in denial about my weight?

I'm still going to jog 2 1/2 miles a day, maybe it's time to crank it up a few notches....

Hope y'all had a happy Turkey Day and Keep It Up!

December 1, 2008, 4:36 pm CST

Can the scales

Quote From: here2lose50

And welcome, Brenda from the Frozen North. Nice to have you along. I wonder sometimes during my jogs what's happened to most of the crowd that used to post here. Some have given up, I'm sure. Others might have found inspiration elsewhere. And I hope that some have found support here that they translated into one-on-one emails and such instead of being here all the time.

Either way, I was thinking about it and hoping everyone's doing well. It's hard for me to make myself get on the scale but I did. It somehow showed I GAINED like 7 pounds. How can that be? I don't feel like I've gained weight. Clothes still fit better than they used to. This is the same scale that showed NO improvement for months, then a sudden 15 lb loss. Do I really have a whacked-out appliance or am I just in denial about my weight?

I'm still going to jog 2 1/2 miles a day, maybe it's time to crank it up a few notches....

Hope y'all had a happy Turkey Day and Keep It Up!

I can not believe your scales. If you are feeling no change in your clothing then one of two things are happening. . You are developing muscle weight from all the running you have been doing.  That is a good thing even though it can cause disappointment when you look at the scale       or 2.    Your scales are off and maybe you should think about getting a new one. I have a good digital scale but even with that, I have to make sure I put it exactly the same place on the bathroom floor or it will vary 3-5 pounds every time. I have this little mark on my floor to show me exactly where to put it each week so that I have a more accurate reading.

In any case, just keep up the good work and keep looking ahead. You'll get there.

Take care

Nancy

December 2, 2008, 4:19 pm CST

Still losing

Thanks for the support Nancy. You are doing great! I had an unfair advantage this week that I did not want. I got the stomach bug and lost four pounds. I am now 201 which is exciting because I'm creeping up on the below 200 mark. I don't expect to lose this week after the sickness but hope to at least stay the same.

I have an email weight loss buddy  and we talk everyday. That holds me accountable and I've enjoyed getting to know her over the last few months. I also check in here and read the boards every other day. I sure need all the support I can get.

Keep up the good work everyone and keep posting!

Sherri

December 3, 2008, 6:21 pm CST

still not figuring this out??

Quote From: todayishere

I can not believe your scales. If you are feeling no change in your clothing then one of two things are happening. . You are developing muscle weight from all the running you have been doing.  That is a good thing even though it can cause disappointment when you look at the scale       or 2.    Your scales are off and maybe you should think about getting a new one. I have a good digital scale but even with that, I have to make sure I put it exactly the same place on the bathroom floor or it will vary 3-5 pounds every time. I have this little mark on my floor to show me exactly where to put it each week so that I have a more accurate reading.

In any case, just keep up the good work and keep looking ahead. You'll get there.

Take care

Nancy

still trying to figure out how to post...hope this is kind of right.  Been at work for twelve hours now so getting kind of tiredl  Worked out last night which was cool.  Have reallly been watching what I am eating over the past few days plus drinking tons of water.  It is great to see that one of you is creeping near the 200 mark...I am at 207 and that is the most I have EVER weighed.  I am really looking forward to creeping close to 200.  Wow, I would love to be able to say I lost 40 lbs...,way to go...care to share your secret to success with me as I really need all the tips I can get..  glad you all made it through Thanksgiving with such determination...Christmas and baked goods will be a real test for me.  Hopefully I am doing this right???  Maybe someone could clue me in if it is not right.  Have a great night all

Brenda from Winterpeg...lol

First | Prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next | Last