Message Boards

Topic : Join the 50 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 495
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:07:52 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 50 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 3:41 pm CDT

It's about time!!

My name is Deedra and I was inspired today to join the "race" to lose weight.  I really haven't tried very hard in the last few years... and the pounds have crept on.  I am a married mom of 4 children and I am too young to be this tired!!  I need some help, so I hope to find some with this site!  I am 36, 5' 4" and weigh over 200...  needless to say, it is about time to do something about it.  I needed the motivation!!  I had just finished eating a piece of chocolate cake when the Dr. Phil show came on today....go figure!! 

September 10, 2008, 3:44 pm CDT

Join the 50 Pound Club

Watched the show today and I am going to get started on my weight loss of 50lbs.  I live in Canada and our winter is not too far around the corner, but that won't stop me as I will pull out my treadmill and walk inside on cold days. I am so tired of being fat......

September 10, 2008, 3:45 pm CDT

Count me in

Hi everyone.  My name is Tamy.  I  turned 50 this year.  My goal is to lose 50 pounds.  My daughter is getting married Sunday.  My goal was to have the 50 gone by her wedding but that didn't happen.  Now my goal is just to get healthy.  I went to the doctor for my well visit and she told me all the things I should start having all the time at 50 and it's scary.  I have 3 grandchildren and as of Sunday will be adding 2 more and want to be around to see them grow up.  I am already a widow.  My husband died 9 years ago from a blood clot to the heart he was only 43 at the time so I know how precious life is.  Let's do this together wouldn't it be awesome if we all could have 25 gone by Christmas? Talk to you soon.

September 10, 2008, 3:46 pm CDT

I'm Tired of Being a Victim so I Decided to Reclaim my Life Today!!!

Hi everyone...My name is Valorie and I desperately need to lose at least 50 pounds.  I have never had a weight issue in the past but in September 2000 I was the victim of a violent crime.  Because of the injuries I received in the attack I am now permanently and totally disabled.  Since 2000 I have undergone several surgeries with the most recent being a total hip replacement.  I have also developed trauma induced fibromyalgia because of the injuries.  Needless to say since 2000 I have been on several different medications trying to find something that would work in alleviating some of the pain I experience on a daily basis.  In 2005 I was given steroids for the first time...six weeks and nearly 50 pounds later I threw them in the trash!  What ever the steroids were supposed to help was being defeated by the weight I was gaining.  Unfortunately I have not been able take off a pound since that time...if anything I have gained even more!  After gaining the weight with steroids I was put on Methadone for pain management which makes me crave sugar like you would not believe.....these cravings are worse than any cravings I had when I was pregnant.  At times I literally think I could eat sugar cubes...I haven't but the cravings are that strong! 

The methadone works wonders on my pain so I am scared to death to get back on the roller coaster of trying to find a medication that will ease my pain and not have these horrible side effects. 

I don't think my pain management doctor believes that the medication is causing the cravings and subsequent weight gain so he requested that I have my thyroid checked and be checked for diabetes too.  If these tests are negative he has agreed to help me in finding a new pain medication.  I have been putting it off but I am going to make an appointment first thing tomorrow morning to have these tests done and have an overall physical while I'm at it...I might as well do it all while I'm at it :)

All of my medical issues make for easy excuses not to exercise...not to mention my issue with sugar so I am here with a hopeful heart...ready, willing and able to do what it takes to get this weight off.  I don't really have a support system here although I don't have anyone trying to sabatage my weight lose either but I think being a part of this group will definitely help me meet my goals.  I am open to all recommendations and advice from the other group members and I hope that I can help others along the way as well.

Good luck to everyone...together we can do it!

September 10, 2008, 3:51 pm CDT

Joanne and darla

Quote From: joanie7290

Hi Darla,

I also need to lose over 50 lbs.  73 lbs to be exact is what I would like to lose.  I have been up and down with my weight all my life.  Sweets is also my downfall, ice cream to be exact.  I have a daughter who is also overweight and by me bringing sweets into the house, I sabotage her efforts to lose weight too.  I feel like I am addicted to sweets.  I just finished watching the Dr. Phil show today about the Weight Loss challenge and I am going to give it a try.  I have his book, but I never finished reading all the way through it.  Sorry, Dr. Phil!  I am going to go dig it out and start reading it again.  Let's give this a try!!!  

Joanne 

Hello my name is kim and Ive never tried anything like this before. I have started to read the book but then my mother-in-law wanted it back so Im going to the store tonight to buy it. I need help with health foods and meals that are quick and easy. So if you have any thing PLEASE let me know.
good luck and lets stick together.
KIm

September 10, 2008, 3:52 pm CDT

I'd like to join

Hi all,  I would like to join the 50 club.  I'm Sheila and I currently weigh 211.8 and have lost 13.8 pounds since mid July.  I am following the Weight Watchers plan and am also using the Ultimate Weight loss Solutionas a guide. My doc would like me to get down to around 155 .  I recently started working out with the Firm so my weight loss has slowed down since I'm working with weights.  I am determined to stick with my new way of eating and get my weight down.  I was just put on  high B/P meds and the weight loss would help lower my B/P and possibly jhelp me come off the meds which i so want to do.  I wish everyone much success in your weight loss journey and I know we can do it if we put our minds to it.

September 10, 2008, 4:59 pm CDT

Join the 50 Pound Club

im so excited to join. i can finally stop al those yo-yo diets. that really never worked. i think this diet will be the last.

September 10, 2008, 5:26 pm CDT

I'd like to join as well

Hi. My name is Gisele. I finally got tired of making excuses and 3 weeks ago I joined Weight Watchers. I have been battling my weight now for ever. I don't think there was ever a time where I was happy with myself. I just turned 39 on Monday and I want to live the rest of my life happy with myself. I know the feeling would just be awesome. I too have Dr. Phil's book in both hard cover and audiobook. I only got half way through the book, and never finished it. I was very glad to see the Ultimate Challenge again on Dr. Phil today. I find these shows truly inspirational as well as the stories on this website. With the help from everyone here, we can do it.

September 10, 2008, 5:30 pm CDT

hey everyone

Hello my name is teelocs and I need to lose 50 lbs. I wish everyone good luck.

September 10, 2008, 5:43 pm CDT

Join the 50 Pound Club

My name is Kim and I need to lose at least 50 lbs and close to 80 eventually. I have health problems, and I am definetly an emotional eater. Good luck to all of us. I want to start living life not let life live me.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last