Message Boards

Topic : Join the 50 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 495
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:07:52 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 50 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 5:48 pm CDT

we're on the same track!

Quote From: gettinfit06

Hi all,  I would like to join the 50 club.  I'm Sheila and I currently weigh 211.8 and have lost 13.8 pounds since mid July.  I am following the Weight Watchers plan and am also using the Ultimate Weight loss Solutionas a guide. My doc would like me to get down to around 155 .  I recently started working out with the Firm so my weight loss has slowed down since I'm working with weights.  I am determined to stick with my new way of eating and get my weight down.  I was just put on  high B/P meds and the weight loss would help lower my B/P and possibly jhelp me come off the meds which i so want to do.  I wish everyone much success in your weight loss journey and I know we can do it if we put our minds to it.

Hello. I am currently 217 and my goal weight is 155. I am determined to stick with it this time! I was 223 in July and have lost weight. I need  to get back in the gym (which I already pay $38.99 for)! Here's to us!

September 10, 2008, 5:49 pm CDT

join the 50 pound club

Hello everyone I quit smoking in Feb 08  and  that was one of  the hardest things I have ever

done . I have gained 45/50 lb. I have started walking and eating better to become 

a healthier me. 

September 10, 2008, 5:55 pm CDT

Doing great!

I am so proud of myself.  I have made it 4 days with nothing but good healthy foods. I am staying under 1200 calories a day by eating lots of fruits, veg., dairy and lean protein.  I am exercising and even ran some today. 

One of the things that make me feel so good is that I have not had to take an antiacid all week.  I guess eating right and not over eating really makes a difference. 

I have decided that I am an emotional eater and a boredome eater.  Since I got the news my son was being deployed to Iraq I started eating more and more out of emotion.  I realize that now and will work to fill the fear with positive things like walking, reading, etc. 

How are all of you doing?  Keep up the good work and think thin and healthy.  Remember, nothing taste as good as thin feels. 

September 10, 2008, 6:03 pm CDT

To Jackee1620

I agree!  I need accountability.  I live with all skinny people who do not crave sweets nor are emotional eaters.  They are supportive but have no idea how it feels to be overweight. 

You know I am at the point in my life where I want the outside of my body to reflect the inside. 

Remember, nothing taste as good as thin feels.

Tara

September 10, 2008, 6:05 pm CDT

Join the 50 Pound Club

hello to all my new friends.  first time for anything like this for me.  i'd like to lose 50 to 60 pounds.  i am 5'8' and weigh 208 pounds.  yikes, i said that out loud!!   i own my own biz that involves typing service and over last 10 years have been very sedintary, sitting at the computer, watching the pounds creep up.  I think my overall diet is healthy and my family members are all very lean.  Just me getting bigger.  I started power walking a week ago - and have lost 4 pounds.   But the first blush of enthusiasm is waning... i need somebody to be accountable to.. to push me out there and to keep moving!  Especially on those days when I want to drop anchor back into "I don't want to."  thanks for listening, and I hope to be inspired and inspire others! 

September 10, 2008, 6:09 pm CDT

hello

I want to loose 55 pounds.
I taped Dr. Phil show today and was so inspired by the people he choose for the challenge.
I hope we can all succeed and can help in each other during our time of need.

Carm

September 10, 2008, 6:16 pm CDT

Ready to join!

Hi Everyone!

I'm ready to join the race, and it's nice to know I'll have some company doing it!  I have two teenage boys that watched the show with me today, and they both want to take the challenge too!  Even my husband wants to do this!  My goals are to lose these UNwanted 50 lbs by next summer, get in better shape....(or should I say just get in shape - period!) and teach myself and my family about better eating habits.  I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to lose the weight and that I'm setting myself up for failure, but my husband keeps telling me I can do it!  I'm lookng forward to reading all your postings about your daily successes and struggles, and we can overcome them together!  Here's to "losing it"!!  Who's with me? :-)

September 10, 2008, 6:39 pm CDT

After 20 years, I want my life back

When I married my second husband after finished modeling school, freshly divorced after a 25 year marriage and no "Plan B", my 40 y/o, 6'1" frame weighed 140 lbs.  All I ever wore was a bikini.  But then, remarrying again and moving far away from everyone and everything to in a tiny town (in the middle of nowhere) in south-central South Dakota, I liked to died... when three months into my marriage we were told my new husband needed a heart-transplant.  Life, as I knew it, was over...  The doctors, over and over, told me don't go away to school, as planned, as he'd never survive the winter.  Isolated far, far away from everyone and everything, that was the beginning of the long downhill slide towards losing me....

Once he did die, ten years later -- in between I could never ask him to move, because it was, continually, "he's not going to make it" and doing so would kill him -- it was like what do I do now?  In the interim my parents had died...  I knew there was nothing there for me.  I had no children...  The siblings weren't close...   I had lost me...  Those were supposed to have been my best years.  Things weren't supposed to be this way.  I held things together for a year, wondering just how could I do it, and then suffered a nervous breakdown which put me, practically, in bed for another three years, because there was no one to look out for me or care for me.  It was the hardest predicament.

Fast forward to Maine...  I found a place I love -- where I would thrive and be safe, alone, should I never remarry -- and managed research and the move, hitting the road, alone for a month at a time.  How do you find a new place to live, when you're 1,500 miles from everyone and everything?  You go, alone, in an RV...  But my first spring out, out-of-shape and eager to lose weight, I injured my knee which put me out of commission.  There went the whole first year...

Long story short (or shorter), this year I lost 50 pounds.  I'm down from a size 20 to 14, but still haven't worn a swimsuit (or bikini) in more than a decade...  Remote, overweight, too tall and feeling unattractive (they don't make plus clothes in tall sizes), I haven't even been on a date, since my husband died, and  now I'm 60....

I want my life back.  I'm ready to take off these last 50 pounds and feel like I did when I finished modeling school -- or at least be the best me that I can be......  I'm so very, very grateful for what Dr. Phil is doing to help us all be healthier people.  His new scope is humongous and exhiliarting.  It's contagious.  He will change this nation...

Thank you, Dr. Phil!

Most sincerely,
Linda

September 10, 2008, 6:53 pm CDT

No more excuses it's time

I am a wife and mom of two children. Our family is very busy but I have to lose 50-60 pounds. I already have asthma and the extra weight is just making it harder for me. I am always tired and always have a reason not to exercise or justify what I decide to eat. My daughter is 15 and is slim, I am happy but want to show her how to maintain a good diet for her future. I recently have watched a co-worker, friend lose 60 pounds and I am so envious of her and wish I could be motivated like her. I know now after watching the show I need to do this for me and I am the only one who can do it and I have to be honest with myself. I hope, no I know, this is a start for me and I can't wait to check back and see how everyone is doing, Good luck to everyone in the 50 pound club!

September 10, 2008, 7:04 pm CDT

Ready to Join the Club!!!

I am 30 years old and I have been married for 12 years. I am a mother of 2 girls (11 & 9) and I have completely lost myself in being a wife and a mother. Don't get me wrong I love doing things for them but somewhere along the way I stopped doing things for myself. As I am sure this is a lot of mothers/wifes stories. Well, I believe that it is time for me to start taking better care of myself and that is why I am here. I lost my father at a very young age of a massive heart attack and I am not willing to let my girls go through the same pain. I want to lose about 60 - 70lbs. I wish everyone the best of luck and luck!!!

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last