Message Boards

Topic : Join the 50 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 495
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:07:52 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 50 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 7:05 pm CDT

Ready to Join the Club!!!

I am 30 years old and I have been married for 12 years. I am a mother of 2 girls (11 & 9) and I have completely lost myself in being a wife and a mother. Don't get me wrong I love doing things for them but somewhere along the way I stopped doing things for myself. As I am sure this is a lot of mothers/wifes stories. Well, I believe that it is time for me to start taking better care of myself and that is why I am here. I lost my father at a very young age of a massive heart attack and I am not willing to let my girls go through the same pain. I want to lose about 60 - 70lbs. I wish everyone the best of luck!!!

September 10, 2008, 7:07 pm CDT

joining

My name is Ashley. I'm 22 years old and am trying to lose 45-50 lbs. I have struggled with my weight for years do to poor eating habits, not enough exercise and depression. I'm a full time nanny running after a 4 year old and 1 year old and being over weight makes it much harder than it should be. I'm the only one in my family that has weight issues so I'm glad for this blog. Now I wont feel so alone trying to battle this.

September 10, 2008, 7:21 pm CDT

Hi there

Hi there,
My name is April. I am happily married and I am a stay at home mom to 5 month old twin boys. I have struggled all my life with my weight which has caused me to have poor self esteem. I LOVE food and HATE to exercise... bad combination. I would like to lose at least 45-60lbs. I want to feel good about me and be a good example for my children.

September 10, 2008, 7:22 pm CDT

IT'S TIME TO GET SERIOUS

Quote From: ashleyg86

My name is Ashley. I'm 22 years old and am trying to lose 45-50 lbs. I have struggled with my weight for years do to poor eating habits, not enough exercise and depression. I'm a full time nanny running after a 4 year old and 1 year old and being over weight makes it much harder than it should be. I'm the only one in my family that has weight issues so I'm glad for this blog. Now I wont feel so alone trying to battle this.
MY NAME IS RUDI AND I DON'T LIKE MYSELF RIGHT NOW.  I HAVE TO LOSE 60LBS. FOR HEALTH REASONS. I EAT FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS. I GOT DR. PHIL'S SEVEN STEP PROGRAM AND I HOPE THIS IS MY LAST DIET.  I'M TIRED AND SAD ALL THE TIME, BUT EVERYONE THINKS I'M FINE.I PUT ON A SMILE AND GO FORWARD. I PRAY I CAN DO THIS. I'M GLAD I'M NOT ALONE.

September 10, 2008, 7:24 pm CDT

motovation needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a 41 yo stay-at-home mom and I am past ready for a change.  I currently weigh 241.  I want to lose at least 50 lbs.  I have arthritis in one knee and akiles tendonitisin on the same leg.  I need a change.  I was also stunned by my 5 year old saying to me the other night  that he did not want me to come to his class because the kids may say who is that fat lady.  Enough is enough I just get so depressed about it that I continue to eat and fall into self pity with no one to help me or encourage me and continue on the same path everyday.  AGAIN, I NEED HELP!

Thanks for reading!

September 10, 2008, 7:35 pm CDT

Join the 50 Pound Club

My name is Heather and in 10 days I will be a newly wed! I have had weight issues my ENTIRE life, but would love to have the suport I need to succeed in this. In the past 6 years I have lost and gained 35 pounds over and over and over again. I am hoping this will put me on the right path to total achievement!  I would be very happy losing 50 to 60 pounds, but not just that, being able to keep it off!

September 10, 2008, 7:41 pm CDT

Help

I am 57 years old.  I am married to a wonderful husband who has no problem with his weight.  I have 3 grown children and none of them have ever struggled with their weight.  I have a morphine pump implanted due to an auto accident 4 years ago.  I just need motivation to get started and need to know if anyone else has limited abilities when it comes to exercise.  I feel if I have the right encouragement I can maybe handle the food change...I just need to get over the idea it is comfort.  Please help.

September 10, 2008, 7:55 pm CDT

I'm joining, too...

Hi all, my name is Brooke. I'm 31, married to a great guy, mother to 3 beautiful blue-eyed girls! (8, 4 and 6months) I started having weight problems as a young child - grade school - and now after baby #3 I'm at my heaviest. I'm not excited about this yet because my internal dialogue is still working against me. However, I do know that I DO NOT want to spend my 30's like this! I envision the next several years as a healthy, active, fun-loving, out-going mom and wife... not someone who is couped up in the house, ashamed of her appearance, still turning to food for solace.

Wish me luck and CHANGE!!

Brooke

"Change is not a destination, just as hope is not a strategy..." Rudy Giuliani

September 10, 2008, 8:06 pm CDT

Im joining the 50lb club!

My name is Amber and I am a 25 yr old woman married to the greatest guy I know and have 3 beautiful children. I've always had a weight issue my entire life.. but since having my last child.. I have gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore as long as I'm happy.. However I am not happy with my weight.. I am tired of going out with my husband and children and being the only big person in the family... I am commiting to loosing at least 50lbs if not more!

September 10, 2008, 8:19 pm CDT

Going for it!

I am a 25 year old mother of one and a full time student. I am trying to get back to a healthy weight before my wedding to the love of my life.  He has always been supportive of everything I have done and loved me no matter what my weight is. I know I will be able to lose this excess weight with the help and support of my family, friends and the help with people in this site. I wish everyone here the best of luck.  I know that everyone has it in them to reach their goals!

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last