Message Boards

Topic : Join the 50 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 495
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:07:52 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 50 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 12:27 pm CDT

After 4 kids...

After having my 4th child 3 1/2 months ago, my weight stopped dropping off at  189 lbs. I started exercising and have lost 4 lbs., but with being a stay at home mom, going to school, and worst of all battling depression, it has been really difficult.

I still have 50 lbs to loose but every day feels like a struggle.

Is posting here all we have to do to join the club?

September 10, 2008, 1:14 pm CDT

would like to join the club

Hi , I watched Dr. Phil today and got excited about losing weight. This has happened before, but this time I'd like to get up and actually do it. I do get psyched up when I watch others lose but I wish I could do it myself. I need lots of encouragement.

September 10, 2008, 1:17 pm CDT

Joining the 50 Pound Club

Hi everyone!

I have decided that the time has come to focus on my needs for a change - although I love my family more than life itself, what good am I to them if I am overweight and unhealthy?  I just turned 39 and need to lose 55 pounds. I am determined to enter into my 40s next year happy & healthy!

I am looking forward to following Dr. Phil's advice, as well as any advise my fellow "50 Pound Clubers" have.

Here's to a successful journey for all of us!

September 10, 2008, 1:19 pm CDT

I have joined the 50 club

Hello everyone,

I have just joined the program and have 75 pounds to loose.  ''The weight is taking over and I want my life back''.  Tonight I am cleaning out our pantry then tomorrow I am going out to buy Dr. Phil's book, 

I truly hope this time it will be right! 

September 10, 2008, 1:22 pm CDT

RN needs to lose 50 pounds

I am a 43 yr  old mom of 2 boys 12 & 10.  I weigh 220 and am 5'6.  I got divoreced a couple  years ago, and wanted to look so hot when I turned 40, not I find I have re-evaluated that to look hot by 50!  I found myself watching Dr. Phils first weight loss special while eating a brownie and cola !!  I want to be thin and lose the weight in my head, but don't make myself do it. Like right now, I know the dog would love to walk but I ave dinner to make and have to go to work etc... all perfect sabotaging excuses.  I need HELP !!!!  I need you all to help encourage me to get off the couch, eat right and get active!
I get winded so easy, my legs hurt from knee arthritis, and I have a lower back injury from a car accident that causes me pain, but rather than push thru the pain I use it as an excuse, it hurts to much to move !  I also work nights 7p-7a, and dinner is what I bring.  I bring a salad, but have someone run out for taco bel at 2am becaseu I'm still hugry after a salad! 
Then I sleep all day, get up at 3pm, and start eating junk, then eat dinner with my kids before work @5pm, and then eat again @3am.  God help me if there is chocolate at work !!

Please help me, be a buddy and lets do this.  I want to lose 50 pounds.

September 10, 2008, 1:27 pm CDT

You're not alone anymore!!!!

Quote From: carrieak

Hi,

My name is Carrie and I need to lose at least 50 lbs.  I am the first one here.  I hope more people come here so we can be a support for one another.  I actually started my weight loss race today ( again).  I went walking this morning and I ate right today.   Yeah  DAY 1.  One day at a time.  Please join me.  Take Care, Carrie

Hi Carrie,

after reading your message about being the first one, I wanted to join up too!  I'm not sure how all this works but, I thought I would give it a try.  I know what you mean about, "starting again,"  as I also need to lose at least 50 lbs again!!!  However, this time I would love to keep it off :) After reading all these msgs. I think I have enough motivation to go for a bike ride now so thanks!!!!  Keep in touch.....and GOOD LUCK everyone!!!!! 

September 10, 2008, 1:34 pm CDT

Join the 50 Pound Club

Quote From: lildkl17

I need to lose 50 or more but  I'm so nerous about it.  I have tried alot of times before but have never succeded.  I love sweets and don't no how to just stop.  I have been able to stop doing alot of things like smoking biting my nails but never eating to much of bad things.  I just don't know how to stop.  I need to do it for myself but also for my daughter and husband. Just to be healthy would be great.

Darla

Hi Darla,

I also need to lose over 50 lbs.  73 lbs to be exact is what I would like to lose.  I have been up and down with my weight all my life.  Sweets is also my downfall, ice cream to be exact.  I have a daughter who is also overweight and by me bringing sweets into the house, I sabotage her efforts to lose weight too.  I feel like I am addicted to sweets.  I just finished watching the Dr. Phil show today about the Weight Loss challenge and I am going to give it a try.  I have his book, but I never finished reading all the way through it.  Sorry, Dr. Phil!  I am going to go dig it out and start reading it again.  Let's give this a try!!!  

Joanne 

September 10, 2008, 1:34 pm CDT

Fifty at least!

I was really excited to see the topic of the show today and I seem to be at a stage in my life where I am focised on losing 70 pounds.  I just had my second baby and want to have more energy to take care of my family.  I have always struggled with my weight and want to know what it is like again to be at my high school weight.  My mom just found me a Wii Fit! So, that should help.  I have more time at home to get my life organized, be in school online, and focus on the things I want in life.  My mom and aunt are a great support system and now so is this site.

September 10, 2008, 1:39 pm CDT

50 pound club

Have decided to join the 50 lb club! Have already read the ultimate weight solution guide and am ready to succeed.  Looking forward to sharing ideas for success.

September 10, 2008, 1:47 pm CDT

Young with no Excuses

My problem is not that I have had children, and not that I am too old or sick to loose weight. I am young and there is really no reason why I can't seem to loose the weight besides the fact that I am just not motivated. I am almost 5'6" and weigh just over 200 lbs. I know that I could probably stand to loose over 50 lbs, but right now I want to stick with that. I really need help with finding good meals that I can take to work, and good exercise ideas when I have no gym nearby, and no money to buy exercise equipment. HELP ME! I need loads of encouragement but really want to make it work. I have nobody around me that I can use as a support group and I think that is part of why my attempts have never worked before.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last