Message Boards

Topic : Join the 50 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 495
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:07:52 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 50 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 6:53 am CDT

Nervous

I need to lose 50 or more but  I'm so nerous about it.  I have tried alot of times before but have never succeded.  I love sweets and don't no how to just stop.  I have been able to stop doing alot of things like smoking biting my nails but never eating to much of bad things.  I just don't know how to stop.  I need to do it for myself but also for my daughter and husband. Just to be healthy would be great.

Darla

September 10, 2008, 6:57 am CDT

getting focused again

Hi everyone,

I am joining the 50lb club in hopes of finding support to continue on my journey towards health. I have had previous success with the 7 keys. I lost 55lbs and have been able to maintain the weight loss for the past 9 months. I've been amazed at things I can now do (I've hiked several mountains!). I'm 33 and doing more than I've ever done and want to keep moving forward.

I am already inspired and excited about the postings I've seen in this club. Lets get going and change our futures!

ellahni

September 10, 2008, 7:04 am CDT

joining the 50 pound club

Hi everyone who wants to join in the fun to lose weight.  I have lost 25 pounds, but need to lose 25 more.  I hope to meet new friends who want to do it also.  I will respond and give encouragement.  I know it's one of the hardest things to do.  Look forward to talking, and losing with anyone who wants to lost weight.  I would love tips, receipes, exercise tips, for exercise I do walking tapes with Leslie Sansome, she is terriffic and you can do it your own living room, just 10 minutes lets you walk 1 mile.  Good luck to all you want to lost weight.  Sincerely Kcnanny

September 10, 2008, 8:09 am CDT

Hello everyone!

I've tried and tried to lose weight, will see a bit of progress, but then will reach a point after a few weeks when nothing seems to happen.  Having fibromyalgia and joint pain, I experience quite a bit of discomfort and pain, so tend to avoid high impact exercises.  This pain is also my biggest de-motivator when I want to exercise....my feet, ankles, knees, and hips sometimes hurt so bad that I give up before I even try. 

Walking and strength training is what I've been doing (until about three weeks ago), but I've found that I get incredibly frustrated when I lose two or three pounds in a week and then nothing for the next week or two.  I do watch what I eat...low fat, 1200 calories a day, fruits/vegetables...watch my carbs and proteins, but still...I'm just not reaching my goals.  So here I am....hopeful that with the support, advice, and encouragement from others who are in the same boat, I can actually achieve my goal of losing 50+ pounds.  I'm very interested in learning what has worked and not worked for you....

Here's wishing all of us success in our weight loss!!

Cheers!!

September 10, 2008, 8:25 am CDT

OK...Here Goes!!!

I am frustrated about my weight and don't want to continue on this upward spiral of weight.  I say upward because the scales keep registering an increase of weight.  I started two days ago walking and then saw Dr. Phil on tv this morning.  I want this to be the motivation to keep going more than just a week because it's usually just a week that I am willing to continue exercising.  Very much a lack of will power for me!!!  I would LOVE  to lose 50 lbs. and would like to do this for myself and my family.  I want to be able to have a family picture with me dominating the photo because of my weight.  We went to have a family portrait done and I decided to just get photos of the kids because of how I currently look.  So here I am and I am looking forward to this weight loss journey with all of you!

September 10, 2008, 8:51 am CDT

Joining the 50 Pund Club

Hi!

I'm Lori and just finished watching Dr. Phil. I want to lose 50 - 60 lbs. but need support. I tried this before but I have the mind set for it now.  I am a 42 year old working mother of 1. My husband travels a lot so it's easy to get lazy! I hope that staying involved with all of you, that it will keep me focused!!  Thanks. 

Lori

September 10, 2008, 10:21 am CDT

new to net

my name is shelly. my husband michael & i are on the way to a healthier lifestyle.  does anyone have any advice for "couple weight loss"?  i am cheering for all the people on dr. phil's race, but especially for green team phil & tiffany.  good luck to all online. this is my first ever interaction online. please be patient......thanks in advance for all the encouragement from the buddiess i will encounter.  love, shelly

September 10, 2008, 10:23 am CDT

Don't want to be the fat chick anymore!!!

I'm so tired of going places and not being able to sit down over friend's, afraid of breaking the chair. I don't want to go in the plus size of the store anymore, not to mention those clothes are unattractive and overpriced.  I want to be able to bend down and tie my shoes with out feeling like I'm suffocating. I want to be able to play with my child with out using the excuse 'not now I'm to tired'. I look in the mirror and look at least ten years older and feel it to. I desire to lose 70 lbs. and praying to stay motivated this time I keep losing the same 30 lbs. just to put them back on.  Lately though, I haven't even been able to do that, I start for about a week or two and stop because I don't stay motivated. I really hope Dr.Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss book will give me the keys to staying motivated and unlock the reason why I keep abusing my body.  

I don't want to be the fat chick in the crowd anymore!!!   I want to live life to the fullest, the life God created for me to live.            Can I get a amen.

glo777

September 10, 2008, 11:21 am CDT

Ready to push forward

So here I am!!  I need an extra push from anyone that's willing to give it to me!  My name is Michelle and I have made some life style changes just need some extra encouragement and I'm hoping this is the place for it!!

50 Lbs is my goal because since Feb of this year I've lost 9.5 lbs..I know it's not an easy journey or a fast chore but today is the day I'm changing!!

Looking forward to encountering some new friends on the way..

September 10, 2008, 11:34 am CDT

amen

Quote From: glo777

I'm so tired of going places and not being able to sit down over friend's, afraid of breaking the chair. I don't want to go in the plus size of the store anymore, not to mention those clothes are unattractive and overpriced.  I want to be able to bend down and tie my shoes with out feeling like I'm suffocating. I want to be able to play with my child with out using the excuse 'not now I'm to tired'. I look in the mirror and look at least ten years older and feel it to. I desire to lose 70 lbs. and praying to stay motivated this time I keep losing the same 30 lbs. just to put them back on.  Lately though, I haven't even been able to do that, I start for about a week or two and stop because I don't stay motivated. I really hope Dr.Phil's Ultimate Weight Loss book will give me the keys to staying motivated and unlock the reason why I keep abusing my body.  

I don't want to be the fat chick in the crowd anymore!!!   I want to live life to the fullest, the life God created for me to live.            Can I get a amen.

glo777

glo 777,

i think what we can encourage each other in is that we are worth it to ourselves to try to be as healthy as we can.... we just have to believe we're worth it.  any suggestions?

goodyankee (shelly)

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last