Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 17, 2008, 8:02 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: commitednow_2

o.K. ARE YOU READY. WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS. I'M SO EXCITED. ANYONE ELSE JOINING?

I am so ready, starting out with 211 pounds, lets go     heidemarie

September 18, 2008, 9:27 am CDT

READY FOR CHANGE

Well,this is my first time ever.unfortunetly not at the weight gain.To all that are trying to make this work,Im here to help and encourage in any way I can.Because I need that!Iam a mother of 4 but have a blended family of 6.From the ages of 20 to 3.Last christmas I lost my job and I now find myself just lost at home.Don't get me wrong the dust has settled an I am well adjusted at home but I find my lifestyle sedetary.You can only burn so many calories from cleaning the bathroom.I try to walk but after 1 wk  Ilose focus and slak off.I think I would appreciate having a support group holding me accountable.Can I get some help?thanx

September 18, 2008, 10:11 am CDT

Ready to be Phat not Fat!

Hello all.  I am new to the Dr Phil boards.  I am at my whits end on losing weight, I have tried almost all of the fad diets out there, and haven't had much success.  I was watching the first weight lose race show the other day and thought why not, I have nothing to lose...oh wait, I do...25 lbs :)

Any way, I am am mother of two childred 1 1/2 and almost 4, and in December I will become a full time mom of a 13 year old (yikes).  I am creeping up on 30 (January), and I am finding getting rid of this extra weight is not as easy as it was when I was in my early 20s.

I am also active duty Air Force, so having a little extra cushion is not the ideal image of a military women.  Now don't get me wrong, I am in great physical shape...I try to work out every day, even if its a light workout.  My meals consisist of fairly healthy foods.  So you might be wondering why I can't lose the weight?  I have a problem controlling how much and how often I eat...I am constantly snacking and I crave chips, pretzles, and other sweets.  Once I start eating them I have trouble stopping.  So, hopefully I can get my eating on track on lose these stuborn 25 lbs.

September 18, 2008, 10:18 am CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: babyweight18

Well, I actually did not over due it with the weight I gained when I was pregant.  And I actually lost all my baby weight in the first month.... Now my problem is that I breast fed my little one... I gained a little that way and then as soon as I stopped it seemed like I would add weight when I took in air.  I'm looking to loose about 20 pounds but cannot seem to get the "WANT" to do it.  I know I need to do it. 

I think you said it right in your last paragraph, "get my energy and confidence back". 

I have never read his book, but the 7 steps are pretty much what we SHOULD all know.  I'm like yes got that.... but do I really got it?  Anyway, I am trying to start off by not eatting after 7pm.  I was very over weight about 6 years ago and lost 30 pounds by watching my portions, not eatting after 6 so I am trying 7 right now ... I have a family, work and the hours that my boyfriend puts in we tend to eat very late... which i don't think is helping.  The last time I lost my weight I cut out all fried foods and chips.  Once I started that and stuck to it, I really started loosing the weight.

Those are my two cents I hope they help and maybe we can reach out to each other to see how we are doing.

Good luck!

I will agree that it wasn't the pregancy that did me in.  Once my first was born life got a lot busier and my priorities changed.  I had to focus all my attention on my daughter.  Once I got to that point where things were starting to balance out I found out I was expecting again.  Now I am once again at the point where priorities are starting to balance out.

September 18, 2008, 4:25 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Well, I did great while my kids were young, my weight problem started when they were all grown up and I could do whatever I wanted, without worrying about the bad influence I was going to be to my kids!  I do ok on the eating, most of the time, but I do like to drink wine!  I need to do this for ME!  good luck everyone!

September 18, 2008, 4:29 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: hsimpson4750

I am a mother of 3 little boys 3,2, and 7 months. i was 250 when i left the hospital with my third child and was so embarresed that i had to do something. so i losed 90 pounds. i want to loose about 30 more when i was in high school i was in a size 0 and now i am in a 9-11 i want to be in at least a 5 and weigh nomore than 130 pounds. i cant seem to get anymore weight off. I know i need to exercise that has always been my excuse but now i am determined to get the rest of this weight off. There is one bad draw back to me loosing weight... You know all that skin that had to strech around that fat .. well it is now all sagging on my stomach, legs and now my arms look like flags. i am only 22 and it makes me feel like total crap when i see other young people looking so good and i cant get there. i just need some extra help and i am hoping by doing this it will help me out . well good luck to everyone out there!!
God bless you!  You are doing great, keep up the good work!

September 18, 2008, 7:00 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: katieranch

Well, I did great while my kids were young, my weight problem started when they were all grown up and I could do whatever I wanted, without worrying about the bad influence I was going to be to my kids!  I do ok on the eating, most of the time, but I do like to drink wine!  I need to do this for ME!  good luck everyone!
I'm drinking a glass of wine while I read your message!  :-)  But I will adjust my calories throughout the day if I have to - I need my wine when the kids finally go to bed at night!!

September 19, 2008, 1:28 pm CDT

The 25 lbs Club

Yes I'm in too.  I've retired 2 years ago this month and I've gained 30 lbs and although this is the 25 lb club I need to lose 30!  I currently weigh 172 and I would be happy with 25lbs as well!  I just watched the show last night from my dvr so I'm not familiar with the diet.  Can anyone tell me, do you need to buy the book to get the diet?

Janet in Kingman, AZ

September 19, 2008, 6:49 pm CDT

Cravings

Does anyone have suggestions for dealing with cravings? All week I have craved a hot fudge sundae from Dairy Queen. I think I have eaten more calories trying to suppress the craving than just getting the hot fudge out of my system. I confess that I went to Dairy Queen tonight. I am pleased with myself for ordering the small instead of a large. You get so much more with a large than the added cost--or so I have justified myself in the past. I enjoyed the small sundae and feel satisfied. The craving is gone, but how do you deal with cravings? Thanks.

September 19, 2008, 10:16 pm CDT

Weigh In

This morning was weigh in and I lost 3 pounds. I have 22 more to go. Not to bad for week one.

First | Prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next | Last