Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 19, 2008, 10:25 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: imabeliever

Does anyone have suggestions for dealing with cravings? All week I have craved a hot fudge sundae from Dairy Queen. I think I have eaten more calories trying to suppress the craving than just getting the hot fudge out of my system. I confess that I went to Dairy Queen tonight. I am pleased with myself for ordering the small instead of a large. You get so much more with a large than the added cost--or so I have justified myself in the past. I enjoyed the small sundae and feel satisfied. The craving is gone, but how do you deal with cravings? Thanks.

When I have a craving I try to take my mind off it by doing something else. Like reading a book, working on a memory book, or crocheting. The craving will pass.

September 19, 2008, 10:32 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: horsetrail

Yes I'm in too.  I've retired 2 years ago this month and I've gained 30 lbs and although this is the 25 lb club I need to lose 30!  I currently weigh 172 and I would be happy with 25lbs as well!  I just watched the show last night from my dvr so I'm not familiar with the diet.  Can anyone tell me, do you need to buy the book to get the diet?

Janet in Kingman, AZ

The book is a very good read. It gives you the seven keys to weight loss. It has ton of information and suggestions. It's not a diet. It helps you see eating in a different way.

September 20, 2008, 5:46 pm CDT

Crocheting!

Quote From: tlpiggy5

When I have a craving I try to take my mind off it by doing something else. Like reading a book, working on a memory book, or crocheting. The craving will pass.

I find when i keep my hands busy doing thingd other than stuffing my face i feel productive and much better about myself as a whole- I found a scarf project for Special Olympics and am going to be working on that- Also I am making afagans for a kids home- almost have 12 done now!-

Reading books makes me sleepy- but I am going to make it through the UWL book from Dr.Phil-

I also want to keep reading and walking my doggie too- she needs a wieght adjustment herself- haha

Great to see ideas here for keeping busy- thanks- Diana

September 20, 2008, 6:28 pm CDT

Inspiration!

Quote From: tlpiggy5

This morning was weigh in and I lost 3 pounds. I have 22 more to go. Not to bad for week one.

Thanks, tipiggy5, for the inspiration. You are on track and have earned your 3 pound success. Your diary is an inspiration, too. How many times have I heard that success comes to those who write down what they eat? You are doing it and are reaping the reward. Thanks for your advice about cravings. You are my heroine of the week. Keep up the good work!

And now, I am off to the gym. Until I read the message board, I was justifying staying at home today. Keep up the posts, readers. You make a difference!

September 20, 2008, 10:34 pm CDT

Wat to Go

Great to read that so many are going to the gym. Keep it up.  Also getting over their craving by keeping busy. Today I got a good workout cleaning up my basement after the hot water heater broke. Between lifting and moving everything I am totally beat. This kept be so busy that I never once thought about food.

September 21, 2008, 8:22 am CDT

New to group

HI,

I am new to the 25 pound club and want to say that I also need to lose 25 pounds, maybe 30 and could use any suggestions and support from those of you that are all ready losing weight or that have joined the 25 pound club and would like to offer support.

For starters, I have given up fast food and fried food.

Would love to hear from everyone.  :)

K.J.

September 21, 2008, 11:02 am CDT

YOU CAN DO IT!

Quote From: ferrariluva1

I really want to lose about 30 pounds. I cant say how many times I have tried to do it but it seems like I get nowhere ....I'm hoping that I can come on here and find the support that I need...Im ready to do this and have thought about it for sooooooo long.
hm...I think my problem is not being held accountable so if somebody wants to help me wellll might as well say it...keep tabs on me! I dont know why I cant do it on my own.

I sabotage myself all the time...my husband does sometimes, but if he knows I am trying to lose weight he is very supportive, thank God! 

I have started doing Leslie Sansone's walk aerobic tapes, it is a great work out, definitely gets me sweating!  I would love to help you as I (hopefully) help myself!

Good luck, Kathy

September 21, 2008, 1:50 pm CDT

Newbie here!

Hi all,

I would LOVE to lose 25-30 pounds and am starting my action plan today! 

It consists of getting off my butt and doing ANY form of exercise!

Yeah, baby....I want to lose at least 7 pounds by the end of the year...

Gotta go....I'm going for a walk in the gorgeous Florida sunshine!!

September 21, 2008, 4:57 pm CDT

Welcome, Newbies!

None of us are really "oldbies" yet, so welcome aboard as we all get serious about shedding pounds. tipiggy5, sooo sorry about your water heater, even if the clean-up served both as exercise and as diversion from thoughts of food. I plan start logging what I eat in My Diary portion. Those of you who are looking for someone to hold you accountable might want to try a food diary. After all, you never know who might read it! Honesty is the only policy that will work if you want to see the scale go down. That means you your diary must record everything. I wish newbies and oldbies alike a happy week of health eating.

And, now, off to the gym. It's treadmill day for me.

September 21, 2008, 9:19 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: quinceton

HI,

I am new to the 25 pound club and want to say that I also need to lose 25 pounds, maybe 30 and could use any suggestions and support from those of you that are all ready losing weight or that have joined the 25 pound club and would like to offer support.

For starters, I have given up fast food and fried food.

Would love to hear from everyone.  :)

K.J.

Hi KJ!

If I can do it anyone can! I started the Ultimate Weight Loss Race 15 pounds heavier than I am today! It's been a month and I'm still going strong! Everyone has to start somewhere. You need to commit to the lifestyle not think of it as a diet or giving up certain foods. Once you get started you'll realize that its not as difficult as it seems. Dr. Phil told us, you need to eat to live not live to eat and that is what I think about every time I am tempted. Food will always be there. Once we get our eating and exercise habits under control we wont crave those low response cost low yield foods anymore. We will want things that are going to nourish our bodies, not poison them. We dont have to give up all the bad things forever and ever. After we train our bodies to want the right things, you can add things back but in moderation. I can tell you right now, I'm going to have a piece of cake on my birthday not the whole thing and possibly a Christmas cookie or two not two dozen. My life does not revolve around my eating habits anymore! I'm eating delicious healthy meals that are good for me and I am exercising and actually enjoying it! I feel more energized and life has taken on a whole new meaning! I have watched all of the ULWR contestants succeed in this program and if we can all do this and succeed at it, I know that the rest of America can too! Good luck!!!

Annette - Pink Team =]

First | Prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next | Last