Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 21, 2008, 9:46 pm CDT

Welcome to the Club

Quote From: quinceton

HI,

I am new to the 25 pound club and want to say that I also need to lose 25 pounds, maybe 30 and could use any suggestions and support from those of you that are all ready losing weight or that have joined the 25 pound club and would like to offer support.

For starters, I have given up fast food and fried food.

Would love to hear from everyone.  :)

K.J.

I would suggest writing down everything you eat every day. This will give you a idea of how much you really eat.  Once you have a few weeks worth you can look it over and see where you can improve. I've noticed for me that I really don't include all the basic food groups each day or the right portion. So I've decided to plan my meals two weeks at a time. This way it's not a last minute decision. 

I would also suggest doing some type of exercise everyday. It can be taking a further parking spot to using the stairs instead of the elevator. It needs to be something that you don't already do. Start out small and build up from there. You'll be amazed at how better you feel.

One other note remember just because your moving more it doesn't give you permission to eat more. One thing that helps me is I ask myself am I hungry while I'm searching for something to eat.

Your starting off on the right foot giving up two very unhealthy foods. We'll all be here supporting you.

September 22, 2008, 12:13 pm CDT

RAH RAH!

Quote From: spiritshigh

Call me the cheerleaderbut you have to be one too! I am 57 and want to lose with you! I have read the book and ready to go when I wake up. Are you? Join me on this chat and lets make a memory together. Ill help you and by all means I NEED you!! Tell it all. What you did for the day, what struggles you are having. Get rewarded by your buddies for a small step or a large step to better health. If you fall, well be here to pick you up.

I am East Coast, SCwhere are you? I have been an up and downer all my life. Lose 15-20 gain it back in a couple years. I am retired and live so far out we only have 4 houses in a 4 mile radius so I need you to talk to, so lets get going

I thank you now and Ill thank you tomorrow.  

I will be 57 on Friday, and I need to lose weight too.  If I can lose 25, I can then go on to lose the rest. 

I am also retired, but in Northern Arizona.  We live so far out there are no permenant residents in our immediate area.  it will be great to have someone else to talk to!

September 22, 2008, 2:55 pm CDT

Depressed about weight gain

I quit smoking 5 months ago today and although health wise I know I made the right move, I get more depressed each day as I try to fit in my clothes.  I am hating the extra 20 lbs I put on since quitting smoking added to the 15 I should have tried to lose before quitting smoking.  I also have thyroid problems that initially put the the weight on but when I started on medication for my thyroid the weight did not come off like I had hoped would just fall off.  I now have a never ending appetite and fruits and veggies just don't cut it.  I am just so out of shape and guess I'm just looking for immediate results.  I try to get out and walk at work for about 30 minutes 3 times a week and today went to the gym at work but after 15 minutes on the Arc Trainer my legs were killing me.  I have gained most of the weight around my midsection and have rolls that I so desperately want to get rid of.  When I think that 13 years ago I had to struggle to stay just about 100 lbs and now am fighting within my body at 165 - it makes me so sad.  Not sure where to even start with the weight loss.  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated and followed.

September 22, 2008, 8:38 pm CDT

How's it Going?

How is everyone doing? As for me today was one of the good days. I made one of the meals from my two week menu and modified it. I also got some exercise in. I hooked my bike up to a trainer and rode for 35 minutes. I got a pretty good work out. Tonight I'm going to check out the Leslie Sansone's Walk Aerobics that someone was talking about. If it looks like something I want to do I'll see if I can find it at a local store. So everyone take it one day at a time and don't forget to exercise.

September 23, 2008, 10:01 pm CDT

Where to Start--and Welcome!

Quote From: nancyleft

I quit smoking 5 months ago today and although health wise I know I made the right move, I get more depressed each day as I try to fit in my clothes.  I am hating the extra 20 lbs I put on since quitting smoking added to the 15 I should have tried to lose before quitting smoking.  I also have thyroid problems that initially put the the weight on but when I started on medication for my thyroid the weight did not come off like I had hoped would just fall off.  I now have a never ending appetite and fruits and veggies just don't cut it.  I am just so out of shape and guess I'm just looking for immediate results.  I try to get out and walk at work for about 30 minutes 3 times a week and today went to the gym at work but after 15 minutes on the Arc Trainer my legs were killing me.  I have gained most of the weight around my midsection and have rolls that I so desperately want to get rid of.  When I think that 13 years ago I had to struggle to stay just about 100 lbs and now am fighting within my body at 165 - it makes me so sad.  Not sure where to even start with the weight loss.  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated and followed.

Welcome to the message board, a great place to start. First! Congrats on breaking with cigarettes. If you can do that, you can lose the weight.

Just so you know, I "joined the club" because prednisone packed on pounds. I thought that when I was freed from the medicine, the pounds would melt away. Prednisone, thryroid--we are in the same boat. I am grateful for the good effects of my medicine, and I am sure that yours will be good for you; but medicine weight seems to be like all overweight--it comes off with diet and exercise.

Diet--start writing down every bite you put in your mouth. The experts say that this will enable you to be more conscious of what you are eating. After a couple weeks, you can look at the record and see where you can make beneficial changes. Hint: portion size is usually a problem. Are you able to consider low-cal frozen food? I think seeing the portion size is a help. Add a salad and a fruit to the frozen dinner and you will have a reasonable meal. Once you are accustomed to seeing what a measured meal looks like, you can return to cooking for yourself. I love browsing the healthy cookbooks in Barnes and Noble.

Exercise--What good news! You have a gym at work. Use it! If you can go 5 days a week, so much the better. If the arc trainer is too much, start with the plain treadmill. Use every opportunity you can find to use your body--walk, climb steps, do your own leaf raking. Move!

Know we are here for you--and for ourselves. We are all in this together for the long haul. We didn't gain the weight in a fortnight, and we won't lose it in one, either. Just so you know, I am 64, very fine boned, 5'1" and 135ish pounds. I have been exercising DAILY for a minimum of an hour since July 1--treadmill, elliptical (arc) machine, upper body resistance machines, and water walking. I have lost very few pounds but lots of inches. I am down from a 14 Petite to a snug 10 Petite. Now, if only the scale would start to move. . . My goal is 110 pounds, realistic for me. I spent most of my life 102-105.

We can do this--ImaBeliever

September 24, 2008, 9:28 am CDT

Trying to lose 25-30 pounds

Hi everyone! I started my weightloss journey less than three weeks ago. I excercise only 2x per week but I am looking to increase it to 3x per week and gradually move to 4x per week. I have lost 6.5 pounds within the past weeks. Trying to watch what I put into my mouth and I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day or 4 16 oz water bottles a day. I had a baby in the begining of this year and have slacked. I lost the first 20 pounds of baby weight without even realizing it and now I want to lose the next 25 some pounds. If you have an suggestions or advice, please let me know. I can't wait 'til I get to my goal weight.

Good luck to everyone!!!

September 24, 2008, 6:28 pm CDT

Quote From: annettejarman

Hi KJ!

If I can do it anyone can! I started the Ultimate Weight Loss Race 15 pounds heavier than I am today! It's been a month and I'm still going strong! Everyone has to start somewhere. You need to commit to the lifestyle not think of it as a diet or giving up certain foods. Once you get started you'll realize that its not as difficult as it seems. Dr. Phil told us, you need to eat to live not live to eat and that is what I think about every time I am tempted. Food will always be there. Once we get our eating and exercise habits under control we wont crave those low response cost low yield foods anymore. We will want things that are going to nourish our bodies, not poison them. We dont have to give up all the bad things forever and ever. After we train our bodies to want the right things, you can add things back but in moderation. I can tell you right now, I'm going to have a piece of cake on my birthday not the whole thing and possibly a Christmas cookie or two not two dozen. My life does not revolve around my eating habits anymore! I'm eating delicious healthy meals that are good for me and I am exercising and actually enjoying it! I feel more energized and life has taken on a whole new meaning! I have watched all of the ULWR contestants succeed in this program and if we can all do this and succeed at it, I know that the rest of America can too! Good luck!!!

Annette - Pink Team =

Annette,

Thank you for the vote of confidence and the lovely e-mail.

I have all ready gotten a lot more active and actually have a job where there is no time to eat other than lunch and even then, it is strictly non fried food.

Stay in touch and keep up t he good work.  I appreaciate your encouragement.

Karen

September 25, 2008, 7:12 am CDT

Need to lose 30 lbs

Hi everyone.  I need to lose 30 lbs by March.  Thats just my goal.  About 2 weeks ago I started the Leslie Sansone 2 and 3 mile walk away the pounds.  So far I have lost....NOTHING.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.  My body just does not want to get rid of this weight.  The scale will not move down.  I am really worried that I am never going to be able to lose this weight.  I had a baby Last December and I've am being haunted with the thought of never being skinny again.  Can someone out there give me any advice at all.  Thanks.

September 25, 2008, 7:41 pm CDT

Yippee!

I lost 3 pounds my first week trying to stay true to me- I have been eating healthy snacks and also started walking 3 times a night instead of only once- around the parking garage!- I also did some killer weed pulling for an hour Monday.

I was so surprised when I went to Wiegth Watchers and found a 3 lb- loss!- Yipee this stuff works- If ya work it!

Thanks for reading and all your support on the boards- Diana

September 25, 2008, 8:27 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: jm2329

Hi everyone.  I need to lose 30 lbs by March.  Thats just my goal.  About 2 weeks ago I started the Leslie Sansone 2 and 3 mile walk away the pounds.  So far I have lost....NOTHING.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.  My body just does not want to get rid of this weight.  The scale will not move down.  I am really worried that I am never going to be able to lose this weight.  I had a baby Last December and I've am being haunted with the thought of never being skinny again.  Can someone out there give me any advice at all.  Thanks.
I would suggest you write down everything you eat for the next few weeks. Then you can go back and see exact ally what you need to cut down on or change. 

First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next | Last