Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 11, 2008, 4:13 pm CDT

help! I'm Confused

I have been exercising for years (treadmill, recently switched to elipitical, some total gym, some weights, and basic sit ups).  I just want to loose 15 lbs. and don't understand why I cannot.  I have always been fairly good about what I eat but this summer my daughter came home from college and had transformed her body.  She and I work out kind of the same, big difference she started eating so healthy!  Gave up anything with high fructose corn syrup, lots of fresh fruit/vegetables, no white catrbs.  I followed and nothing changed.  I am hopeful that I will figure out what I am doing wrong through this Dr. Phil process!  Good Luck to Everyone!  Kate

September 11, 2008, 4:40 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: wondermommy

Hi all

I'm 5'2" and 130lbs.. the weight itself does not bother me its the flubber after 2 kids.

TONING AND REBUILDING. My belly looks like i'm 4month preg. I have 2 c-sections with child birth.

Yes i admit thats an excuss = )

Anyway I just need to start a change in my life style and what better place to start.

I do have one question. I dont really understand where to start and how this program works. Can someone tell me how to begin. I have lost control and motivation in all aspects of my life years ago. I am the worst house cleaner in the world. I find it cheeper to eat junk not good for the kids too. I am on a budget and cant afford to drive everyday to wegmans for reash fruit and veggies.. I'm a contry girl and just know what to do. Can someone replay and help me get started. That would be great!!!!

Hi Wondermommy,    I have just joined today and don't understand where to start.   Hope someone helps us out.    Cynthia4467

September 11, 2008, 4:50 pm CDT

Hi

Quote From: cynthia4467

I would love to join the 25 lb. club.   I need to lose about 30 lbs, but that should be close enough.  I am 68 and need to develope better exercise and eating habits.   I do have the book and have read it, but obviously I didn't  follow through.   My biggest problem is eating after 3:00 and after supper.   I have injured my knee so exercise will be light at first.    Any support will be appreciated.    Cynthia 4467

Hi Cynthia ...I am a 67 year old grandmother..I have a habit of yo-yoing..I am a emotional eater and am trying hard to control that...I also have a problem mid afternoon but am fine after supper..I am doing a  stretch yoga which seems to help..I also have a knee problem..Will need a replacement one day but not until I have to..The am stretch (as it is called )is good for that..I also have a celecizer which I really like and try to do it every day..and not hard on the knees...I want to be healthier and stay active as long as possible..I like ALL foods which is of no help..I often wished I was a fussy eater...Would love to be a weight loss buddy..take care and the best to you and yours...I am rusty41

September 11, 2008, 5:01 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: dana7777

Hi..I think you are thinking the wrong way when you say..can't lose weight...One has to be positive..Try telling yourself ..I can lose weight..I think it might help..Give it a try,,,,

September 11, 2008, 5:03 pm CDT

1st day of my getting healthy

Today was my first day of my last day of being fat. I'm 60 years old and have gained 30 lbs in 2 1/2 years. I'm 5ft 7 inches and weight 195lbs. I have gone from a size 6 to a size10. I'm a person that need emotional help to lose weight.  Anyone that need a shoulder I'm here to support  this weight loss challenge

goosesak

September 11, 2008, 5:47 pm CDT

100 pounds to go

I have 100 pounds to shed to have a healthy BMI. My weight has dropped and gained 50 pounds with my last two pregnancies. I gain when I am pregnant. Loose alot of weight right after I have them and then it slowly comes back. I don't try extreme diets. I moniter my caloric intake. I exercise 3 - 4 times a week. I just dont know what to do. I know if i continue the way I am I will have a fatty liver, high blood presure, hight cholesterol and many other things. I know I will never be "skinny". I just want to be healthy. I want to run and jump and swim. I know my self asteem would be healthier also. I want to teach my children the right way. 

September 11, 2008, 6:02 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: cynthia4467

Hi Wondermommy,    I have just joined today and don't understand where to start.   Hope someone helps us out.    Cynthia4467

I read Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Solution after my second son was born and here's what I did with success:

Eat each day:

Protein - 3 servings                    PPP

Low Fat Dairy - 2 servings         DD

Carbs - 2 servings                      CC

Fruit - 2 servings                          FF

Veggies - 4 servings                   VVVV

Fat - 1 serving                               FAT

I thought the book was a bit confusing with the high response cost/high yield stuff, so breaking it down like this was easiest for me.  I would make a list like the one above, then cross each letter off when I ate it. So if I had an egg, toast and an orange for breakfast, I would cross off one P, one C and one F.  When I had nothing left to cross off, I was done eating!  He gives ideas in the book for meal planning, portion sizes, etc.

I had another child since I did this diet successfully, so I am hoping it will help me again to shed the leftover baby weight.  I exercise regularly already - portion control and snacking are my big issues.

Oh, and I highly recommend the cookbook that goes with the diet book - the recipes were yummy!

September 11, 2008, 6:37 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: spiritshigh

Welcome Michelle......well we might not be on TV but we are the Internet rage for each other and anyone else that joins in. It's fun to hook up and share and help each other. Ya know no matter how tall or large someone is, or how much weight to lose we all have the same frustrations. To get excited and watch these folks on the show we can feel like we are moving right along with them. You have had a busy time! Congratulations on your daughter and son.  Now it's time for you!

I have read the book but started out again on page one to do it right. I have been a WW (Weight Watchers) person on and off for 35 years. Their teaching always stick with me but certainly I get out of hand. So hear we go. Although all the teachings will come as we move forward with the book, for now I will start with a walk, and some tube ropes (those rubber things) and absolutely eat better today. I also will keep a diary. I measured myself this AM ,waist 34, around the belly button, 42 and then dropped it down to the hips and it was 42. So actually I must look like a duck! Weight was 169.5. I am 5'5 . So off we go...I'll report in the AM and at night.

Oh.....I loved VT. Skied there several times.

Hi there!

Please count me in!!!!! I am also a habitual dieter and am therapy for it. One thing I am learning is even though I am learning why I eat badly it doesn't mean I can stop being healthy. I do know that diets are not the answer and that is why I am attracted to this site. I have lost the same 20 pounds over and over again. It makes me insane. I know what to do and right now I am doing nothing. I am an all or nothing kind of gal and I am searching for a balance.

I would love to be in correspondence with you all and check in each day! I do have dr. Phil's book but I must read it again. I think, obviously, that I missed the message the first time and just wanted to know what the food plan was. I am not one who enjoys analyzing my problems from the inside. I am in Fla. right now visiting my sick parents and getting a nice break form my 2 kids but I will get the book off the shelf when I get home Monday!

Please keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same! Thanks in advance for your help, motivation and support!!!

Lizzy

September 11, 2008, 7:16 pm CDT

weight gain

Quote From: dana7777

im  37 and i cant lose i keep gaining
 I have been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for 2 years. I am 45 and I am determined to get past these 5 pounds this year.

September 11, 2008, 7:37 pm CDT

First time

This is my first time on a message board but I am very excited after reading the postings. I need to lose 30 pounds and I am going to start today. I have been doing better with my eating habits but I have a long way to go. I switched to a whole grain bread, drink skim milk, eat fruit daily, and have just about cut out all soda. I drink water everyday ( i used to never drink it). I think with the encouragment from everyone that I will finally be able to get  this weight off. To be honest I thought when I made those food changes the weight would magically fall off. But I am realizing that I cannot fool mother nature, my metabolism has all but stopped. Today is day 1!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last