Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 11, 2008, 7:47 pm CDT

28 lbs to lose!

Hi!  This is my first time posting a message.  I am hoping that this time online support will help.  I have always been able to lose 15 lbs easily and just as easily put them back on.  I had a baby 1 year ago and no longer can use that as an excuse.  I am ready to lose.  I look forward to the learning and support.

September 11, 2008, 7:54 pm CDT

overweight daughter

Quote From: judah1

I am 49 years old w/type-2 diabetes (recently diagnosed).  I too must lose at least 40 lbs.  I've made a few changes in my eating and exercising habits, but I have a ways to go!    In addition, I'm trying to motivate my 11 year old daughter who weighs 110 lbs.  My hope is to lead by example first.  Help!!!
I understand completely. My 14 year old weights 160 lbs. We have made some changes but it is difficult when all of her friends weigh 100 lbs and eat whatever they want. I too am hoping to lead by example. It is such a difficult  subject to even bring up to her. Best of luck and hopefully we will lead them to be healthier people. I have found that making changes gradually has been working. We drink skim milk, eat whole wheat bread, I stopped buying most junk foods and soda. 100 calorie packs are great and I buy 1 2liter bottle of diet soda a week and lots of water. Sometimes the soda goes flat! 

September 11, 2008, 8:16 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

HI ALL

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME. I AM A MOTHER OF TWO AND EACH CHILD I SEEM TO JUST GET FATTER. I WEIGH MORE NOW THAT I DID FULL TERM PREGNANT WITH MY LAST CHILD. I WEIGH AROUND 165 AND I WOULD LIKE TO LOSE AT LEAST 25-30 POUNDS.

I DO WORK OUT REGULARLY ABOUT TWICE A WEEK, BUT IT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT ENOUGH, AND I NEED TO STEP IT UP. I AM GOING TO A DIETICIAN NEXT WEEK, SO MAYBE IT WILL HELP. I AM HOPING ONLINE SUPPORT WILL BE A HELP.

September 11, 2008, 9:37 pm CDT

Hello Everyone

Hi,

I've been struggling to loose the last 10 lbs.  Been on the same now for a while.. can't seem to get rid of this. I keep trying.

I am active, walk everynight for about an hour. 

Looking forward to sharing ideas.

Cheryl

September 12, 2008, 12:51 am CDT

WORK NIGHTS!

I work nights doing 3 12 hour shifts a week and 1- 6 hour shift- With trying to get back to normal hours and then back to nights every week- It is so hard to have anytime to do anything other than sleep- eat and work.

I have a treadmill- I have bought the book- I have even started doing the Wii fit game when i can- I want to make this next year a turn around point for me.

Thanks for the tools-

Any support or hints for this hectic life of night shifts is welcomed and appreciatted-Di

September 12, 2008, 1:37 am CDT

WORK Nights

This board thing is a bit difficult to get used to-

Is there anyone else out there who WORKS nights- I can't believe I am the only one...

Would love to read from others and find like minded spirits wanting to improve through mutual support-

In subject are= Dr.Phil Wieght loss- Diny123@msn.com

September 12, 2008, 4:23 am CDT

25 lb. club

Quote From: chrissi

I read Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Solution after my second son was born and here's what I did with success:

Eat each day:

Protein - 3 servings                    PPP

Low Fat Dairy - 2 servings         DD

Carbs - 2 servings                      CC

Fruit - 2 servings                          FF

Veggies - 4 servings                   VVVV

Fat - 1 serving                               FAT

I thought the book was a bit confusing with the high response cost/high yield stuff, so breaking it down like this was easiest for me.  I would make a list like the one above, then cross each letter off when I ate it. So if I had an egg, toast and an orange for breakfast, I would cross off one P, one C and one F.  When I had nothing left to cross off, I was done eating!  He gives ideas in the book for meal planning, portion sizes, etc.

I had another child since I did this diet successfully, so I am hoping it will help me again to shed the leftover baby weight.  I exercise regularly already - portion control and snacking are my big issues.

Oh, and I highly recommend the cookbook that goes with the diet book - the recipes were yummy!

Thank for the info - That will make it easier.   I have the recipe book ( if I can find it).   I started Dr. Phil's weight solution a few years ago, but didn't continue with it.       Thanks again for your response.   I have been on another weight loss message board, but no one seems to want to talk to you.    Cynthia

September 12, 2008, 5:12 am CDT

First Timer

Hi - Saw Dr. Phil's most recent show on the weight loss challenge and (besides wishing I was on one of the teams) thought this would be the time to try once again!  I'm overweight but unable to break my emotional eating cycles.  I have an extremely busy life (including work & community service obligations) which leads to bad eating habits.  Plus too many social outings where I have a tough time staying away from temptations.  Love to eat!  Have a husband who's not overweight, is active in his job and loves his meat & potatoes at dinner.  I'd prefer a salad.  I'm nearly 63, weigh 167 & am 5'5" tall.  When diagnosed with Type II diabetes in 1992, I weighed 193 so have lost quite a bit.  Went on South Beach diet a couple of years ago and went from 177 to 157 but have put 10 pounds back on.  I love Dr. Phil, have read his book but I guess it didn't sink in.  Need to read it again & again & again ...  I enjoyed reading the messages from others in similar situations and I hope I can use them as a springboard to a healthier lifestyle!

September 12, 2008, 6:21 am CDT

Program

I may not be seeing it, but is there a program to follow somewhere on this site?  If so, where.

September 12, 2008, 6:37 am CDT

Program

Quote From: hobieblue

I may not be seeing it, but is there a program to follow somewhere on this site?  If so, where.

Here's a link to the Weight Loss Race site:  http://www.drphil.com/ultimateweightlossrace/

At the top you'll see a tab for Current Key. Each week one of Dr. Phil's 7 Keys for Weight Loss Success will be featured.

We also have a widget to keep track of your weight loss, member clubs on the message boards to join as well as other boards to find a buddy in your area, or to offer support and advice.

Here's a link to our message boards, you'll see all of the weight loss boards located under WEIGHT on the right:

http://drphil.com/messageboard/

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last