Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 12, 2008, 7:22 am CDT

hard to get to.

Quote From: spiritshigh

Welcome Michelle......well we might not be on TV but we are the Internet rage for each other and anyone else that joins in. It's fun to hook up and share and help each other. Ya know no matter how tall or large someone is, or how much weight to lose we all have the same frustrations. To get excited and watch these folks on the show we can feel like we are moving right along with them. You have had a busy time! Congratulations on your daughter and son.  Now it's time for you!

I have read the book but started out again on page one to do it right. I have been a WW (Weight Watchers) person on and off for 35 years. Their teaching always stick with me but certainly I get out of hand. So hear we go. Although all the teachings will come as we move forward with the book, for now I will start with a walk, and some tube ropes (those rubber things) and absolutely eat better today. I also will keep a diary. I measured myself this AM ,waist 34, around the belly button, 42 and then dropped it down to the hips and it was 42. So actually I must look like a duck! Weight was 169.5. I am 5'5 . So off we go...I'll report in the AM and at night.

Oh.....I loved VT. Skied there several times.

Michele..I find this message board too time confusing to get to. Do you? I would like to pick up our converstion and buddy system through the e-mail. If you wish to here is my e-mail address jfm55@hotmail.com

Judy

September 12, 2008, 7:56 am CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Have 35lbs to lose for my get real weight.......lost it in 2005 89lbs!! so i know it can be done!! Lets do it together......we can and will.........so lets get that right thinking going on!! want to discuss the keys everyweek........can do!! I kept mine off for over a year so i know the program works when applied.......so lets kick those pounds to the curb!!  who is with me??????????have agood day.......and  lets be  kinds to us......

LInda

September 12, 2008, 8:37 am CDT

Awesome

Quote From: cynthia4467

Thank for the info - That will make it easier.   I have the recipe book ( if I can find it).   I started Dr. Phil's weight solution a few years ago, but didn't continue with it.       Thanks again for your response.   I have been on another weight loss message board, but no one seems to want to talk to you.    Cynthia

My first time here...just signed up.   

I find this "breakdown" incredibly easy for me as well.   thanks for the "reminder."

I need to lose about 20-25 lbs. and am trying HARD to figure out how to follow my favorite team.   ANY CLUES from any of you that may have figured this out?

WE CAN do it.......
Regards...:-)....................as I go and try to figure out how to get my Widget.   hehehehe

September 12, 2008, 8:46 am CDT

single mom of 5 with fibramialga

I am writing in hopes that someone else is in my place i have a vary bad case of fibramalga and and depression form it, also have many other disability's regarding my children but i am look to see if i am alone because i shore feel like it.  I am going to succeed on this weight loss challenge but it would shore help if i knew i was not alone.  My kids need me and that is why i have know chose i need to live to help my kids they suffer from a range of different things  from ADHD, autism, cancer, and one with seizers.  Please some one else i need to know i am not allot what good am i going to be if I end up in a wheel chair from this stupid disease. 

September 12, 2008, 9:30 am CDT

Well Happy Friday

Hello Everyone.

Well the weekend is here.. Yahhhhh..    What a week.

I'm in my 40's and just can't seem to shake this weight. It started over the last two years..slowly creaping up.  I keep active, walk everynight, had blood work down to see if it was thyroid ..but everything came back normal.

I had thought there was something to follow on this site as well.?  Have any of you come across anything?

Any ideas? LOL  We're all in this together.  Lets get Rockin...

Cheryl.. Ontario

September 12, 2008, 10:17 am CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: twenty2lose

I am also the same height and weigh about 142 lbs. At my highest weight I was 153, and this is a lot for me as I was very small (98lbs) 12 years ago. I am not a big eater, but I don't make the healthiest choices. When I finally had enough, I joined one of those 30 minute circuit training clubs for women. I started going 2-3 times per week and it worked. I dropped 17 lbs within 2 or 3 months and felt great. I didn't even change my eating habits. I have since gained back about 8 lbs after leaving the gym and would like to see 125 again. Weight training gives great results, at least for me. My husband and children are all very slim as well, so I can sympathize with you about finding it hard to keep junk out the house. I really slacked off over the summer, too many bbq's and drinks I guess! I have bought a home gym and exercise bike and am going to start today to get back in shape. Even if you buy some free weights and use them a few times a week and walk on opposite days, you should see some results. When you build up muscle, you burn calories and fat much quicker so you don't have to watch your food intake quite so closely. I know it is hard to get motivated, but the rewards will come. It is a great feeling when your clothes get too big for you or you find you can fit into that old pair of jeans again. Good luck to you.
Hi, I am in the same boat as the both of you.  I am 5'1" and weigh 143.  I am at my highest weight so far and I am not comfortable here whatsoever.  My lowest "adult" weight was about 115, which I was at about 4 years ago and would love to get back to that number.  Financially right now I am unable to join a gym, but I do have a treadmill, its just the lack of motivation that is keeping me from it.  My family too is all of normal weight, so I don't really have their support on the food issues.  I am hoping that I will find the support I need here, so I can jumpstart this will your help.  Thanks.

September 12, 2008, 10:52 am CDT

30 lbs off

I just signed up. Never posted a message or read message boards before. I need help. My family is slim and eat junk all the time. I lost 20 lb about 1 1/2 years ago. Now I am starting to gain again ( only 3-5 lb) but  know that is how is starts.  I am 42yrs old, married, 2 kids.  I want to lose about 30 lbs. I hit a plateau so I slowly went back to not eating right and stopped exercising. GOT TO GET BACK WITH THE PROGRAM. Also in East lyme, CT if interested in a work out buddy.

taz06357

September 12, 2008, 10:59 am CDT

By 41 I will be fit!!!!!

I will succeed this time, I will have results, today is a new day.  I am almost 40 and did not reach my goal of losing 25lbs by October....... not even close!!  So this time, I will put into practice more of the positive thoughts.   "step 1" really hit home for me.  I am only 5 feet tall so 20lb is a significant amount of weight for me & I was my own worst enemy.  I am looking forward to posting a success story right here.  I am laying it on the line........I will be fit for 41.

September 12, 2008, 11:03 am CDT

I need to do this for myself

I have never posted on here before and I hope that by doing this I can find what I need to keep myself on track. I am not terribly overweight and I do workout at least 3 days a week. But I just can't control my emotional eating. I have done diets but have not been able to stick with them. I am for the most part healthy. My family has a terrible health histories and I do not wanna be one of them. So I am going to start living my life to be the best mom and wife I can be.

September 12, 2008, 11:30 am CDT

not a big deal but hugg to me

I did it i did to sets of 10 Min's steps and stopped my self from eating my sons left over ravioli i am so prod of my self yes i throw the rest in the trash so i would not touch it wow

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last