Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 2:26 pm CDT

HEY THERE!

Just finished watching today's show & the weight loss challenge.  I am ready to kick it in gear!

I am 40 yrs old.  I dropped 40 lbs in the past year & for at least 8 months now have been at a stalemate.  I changed up the routine, changed up the workout, but it just goes nowhere.  I have approx 20-25 lbs to lose to get to goal & need that PUSH to get there!

September 10, 2008, 2:33 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: whoamule99

i am also 50 years old and need to lose 30 pounds.  i have been on treadmill and treadclimber for 45 min a day for 1 month and hardly have lost any weight.  help

I have been doing the same thing.  And gotten the same results (or lack there of).  I know that one thing that is suggested by tons of experts is adding in strength training about 3 times a week.  I am going to be starting that this week.  Maybe it's something you might want to consider adding as well.  Good luck!

September 10, 2008, 2:35 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: whoamule99

i am also 50 years old and need to lose 30 pounds.  i have been on treadmill and treadclimber for 45 min a day for 1 month and hardly have lost any weight.  help

With all the workout you are doing have you taken your measurements as well.. ?? Muscle weighs more than fat but the inches will come down...

September 10, 2008, 2:49 pm CDT

September 10,2008

Quote From: budbabe10

Just finished watching today's show & the weight loss challenge.  I am ready to kick it in gear!

I am 40 yrs old.  I dropped 40 lbs in the past year & for at least 8 months now have been at a stalemate.  I changed up the routine, changed up the workout, but it just goes nowhere.  I have approx 20-25 lbs to lose to get to goal & need that PUSH to get there!

I will be 40 in October and I too have about 25 to 30 pounds to lose.I watched the show as well. Tonight I am off to the local gym to give it another try.
I have tried many diets,one more won't hurt.
Good luck to you.

September 10, 2008, 2:52 pm CDT

Watched today's show!!!!

Hello to all!! I am a 24 year old mother of one awesome five year old son. He is my life!! I, as a young parent, have made mistakes starting with not eating healthy while pregnant!! I had heard the comment "It'll all come off as soon as you have him" that I thought my small frame and 110lbs would be easily back after a few weeks after birth. I was SOOOO WRONG!! I gained a whopping 70lbs!! To make it worst I didn't even carry him a full 9 months! He was 3 and a half weeks early! So here I am 5 years later and I'm still a lot heavier than I was before. I weighed myself about ten Min's ago and the mean scale said 158lbs. My goal is to lose 33lbs and get down to 125lbs. I think this will be a great weight for me b/c I would like to be tone and fit more than I was before childbirth! I hope to find motivation and support on this site and read all of your stories! I have no problem getting started, it's continuing after a week or so after the natural high goes away and the cravings start getting bad!! I also hope I can be here to help anyone who needs it! I have tried every diet and every diet pill, just about, and I KNOW what I need to do to get it done..... I just haven't done it!! I'm gonna do it this time for me and for my son! I want him to have a healthy momma who can run and play with him without having to rest every few Min's! GOOD LUCK to all of you!! :)

September 10, 2008, 2:57 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: joanne4413

With all the workout you are doing have you taken your measurements as well.. ?? Muscle weighs more than fat but the inches will come down...
thank you for the reply!  yes i have lost some inches, pants are looser.  i sure alot of the problem might be i am under such stress and my body might be holding on.  it get fustrating tho!!!

September 10, 2008, 3:00 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: naaj15

I have been doing the same thing.  And gotten the same results (or lack there of).  I know that one thing that is suggested by tons of experts is adding in strength training about 3 times a week.  I am going to be starting that this week.  Maybe it's something you might want to consider adding as well.  Good luck!
thank you so much for your reply!  i have also been working with the hand weights while on the treadmill doing upper body exercises.  i am under alot of stress which might be part of the problem.  good luck to you!

September 10, 2008, 3:11 pm CDT

I'm on board, too!

I am 49 years old w/type-2 diabetes (recently diagnosed).  I too must lose at least 40 lbs.  I've made a few changes in my eating and exercising habits, but I have a ways to go!    In addition, I'm trying to motivate my 11 year old daughter who weighs 110 lbs.  My hope is to lead by example first.  Help!!!

September 10, 2008, 4:10 pm CDT

Let's get our spirits high!

Call me the cheerleader…but you have to be one too! I am 57 and want to lose with you! I have read the book and ready to go when I wake up. Are you? Join me on this chat and let’s make a memory together. I’ll help you and by all means I NEED you!! Tell it all. What you did for the day, what struggles you are having. Get rewarded by your buddies for a small step or a large step to better health. If you fall, we’ll be here to pick you up.

I am East Coast, SC…where are you? I have been an up and downer all my life. Lose 15-20 gain it back in a couple years. I am retired and live so far out we only have 4 houses in a 4 mile radius so I need you to talk to, so let’s get going……

I thank you now and I’ll thank you tomorrow.  

September 10, 2008, 4:31 pm CDT

Need to Lose 35 to 40 lbs

Hi there, I am a 36 year old single mom.  My son was running around taking pictures today and I just about fell over when I saw the side view he took of me!  I am disgusting!!  Before having my son, I fluctuated between 110 and 120 and now I am 155 at 5'4.  I need help!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last