Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 4:51 pm CDT

call me the cheerleader too!

Quote From: spiritshigh

Call me the cheerleaderbut you have to be one too! I am 57 and want to lose with you! I have read the book and ready to go when I wake up. Are you? Join me on this chat and lets make a memory together. Ill help you and by all means I NEED you!! Tell it all. What you did for the day, what struggles you are having. Get rewarded by your buddies for a small step or a large step to better health. If you fall, well be here to pick you up.

I am East Coast, SCwhere are you? I have been an up and downer all my life. Lose 15-20 gain it back in a couple years. I am retired and live so far out we only have 4 houses in a 4 mile radius so I need you to talk to, so lets get going

I thank you now and Ill thank you tomorrow.  

Hello,

I have also decided to start today to get my life back in shape!  I have a seven month old son and I have difficulties dealing with my new body.  I am 27 years old and used to weight about 130.  Right now, I am probably at 170.  25 pounds would be super but 40 would be much better but I am starting with a realistic goal.  I am from Montreal, Canada, and I love Dr. Phil's show!  The problem is that I have been walking a lot and exercising and nothing seems to work, it's like my body is not responding.  I will have to read Dr.Phil's book because it seems to be helping a lot of people.  I am not so good on the computer so please bare with me.  I would be glad to do this along with you. 

September 10, 2008, 4:56 pm CDT

keep puttng it off

Hi I'm Dot A 50 year old.  always dieted all my life. but 5 years  ago i quit smoking got a divorce and became a grandmotherwhen daugher was only 17. I don't know how to get started again. I'm 30 pounds heavier then I want to be.I  keep  saying I'll go back to weight watchers.  I saw your show maybe this will help.

September 10, 2008, 4:57 pm CDT

Here I am....hoping to lose the weight again!

I am over 55 and the post menopause weight gain is for real people......when I was younger the weight was never a problem....now it is just not pretty.....color me "hopeful" that this is the VERY LAST time I need to do this.....Good Luck Everyone!

September 10, 2008, 5:17 pm CDT

help I want to loose 25lbs

would like to form a chat support group how can i do that

September 10, 2008, 5:24 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: genny1457

Hello,

I have also decided to start today to get my life back in shape!  I have a seven month old son and I have difficulties dealing with my new body.  I am 27 years old and used to weight about 130.  Right now, I am probably at 170.  25 pounds would be super but 40 would be much better but I am starting with a realistic goal.  I am from Montreal, Canada, and I love Dr. Phil's show!  The problem is that I have been walking a lot and exercising and nothing seems to work, it's like my body is not responding.  I will have to read Dr.Phil's book because it seems to be helping a lot of people.  I am not so good on the computer so please bare with me.  I would be glad to do this along with you. 

hi,

We can support each other I would like to lose 25 pounds but right I would be happy with evn 10 pounds

my main goal is to be in the best shape of my life by february I will be turuning 30.

September 10, 2008, 5:28 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: sunset_dreamz

Hi there, I am a 36 year old single mom.  My son was running around taking pictures today and I just about fell over when I saw the side view he took of me!  I am disgusting!!  Before having my son, I fluctuated between 110 and 120 and now I am 155 at 5'4.  I need help!!!

Hi,

How are you? Do you do any kind of exercise?

September 10, 2008, 5:31 pm CDT

I know how you feel I also have 2 kids

Quote From: stella5

hi,

We can support each other I would like to lose 25 pounds but right I would be happy with evn 10 pounds

my main goal is to be in the best shape of my life by february I will be turuning 30.

hi fellow  Canadien  i would love to loose the weight with you.

September 10, 2008, 5:33 pm CDT

in the same boat !

Quote From: themickster

50 yrs old. want to lose about 30/35 lbs, and qiut smoking while I am at it!

I am in the same boat....kept thinking i would loose weight this summer and quit smoking in sept !

Well i have not lost weight and we are now in  sept ....i fear trying to do both at the same time will be

setting myself up for failure !!  which problem do i tackle first ??  any advice anyone !!

September 10, 2008, 5:39 pm CDT

single mother of 5

I am scared my health is not the best i have chronic pain all the time.  I also have 5 kids all with there own disability's every where from cancer to Adhd and autism plus the baby has seizers i have no time to be sick and the weight i am butting on is not Heath for me i can not afford to be sick some things in my body i can not control but i wont to control my wight.  thank you need encouragement.

September 10, 2008, 5:40 pm CDT

Lost motivation

Hi everyone, I'm going to be 50 next month, and not happy about the way I look.  I know I need to lose the weight, but no motivation beyond one day.  Back in 2006, I was in a car accident, dislocted the shoulder, but I think I hit my head too.  I have noticed since then, my motivation or lack of,  has a lot to do with this.

Before I go on, I feel I have to explain a few things.  I have lupus, and all the joys or lack there of,  that go with this disease. I have COPD, (and a smoker), knowing that I have to quit too. I am  going for more tests to see if the lupus is affecting my lungs.  I feel this is part of the lack of motivation for starters.

I have two wonderful dogs I could take for a country mile walk, but "Mr. Arthritis" steps in and says, "Not today!"  By the time the pain is managed, it's dark out, and living out in the country, the wild animals, well, you get the picture.

Along with all of this, diseases and all,  how can a fussy eater lose weight?  I mean,  I'm not much on fruits and the green veggies.  Is there a way around this? I'm not a pill popper, so taking suppliments are one options, but don't really stick with that either.

I guess what I'm concerned about is that will this lack of anything continue, or will I be able to move to the next level,

1. self motivation, 

then on to

2. lose the weight  

while kicking the bad habit of smoking

3. quit smoking

all the while looking into making wedding plans.

All I need to lose is 30 pounds. I don't know if this is motivation or not, but my sweetheart said to me that, she would not marry me until I lost 30 pounds. I want it for me, but I also want to do it for her too, to inspire her to lose her 10 pounds.  I'm open to any suggestions.

A new friend

Rose

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last