Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 5:42 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: sunhine57

Hi I'm Dot A 50 year old.  always dieted all my life. but 5 years  ago i quit smoking got a divorce and became a grandmotherwhen daugher was only 17. I don't know how to get started again. I'm 30 pounds heavier then I want to be.I  keep  saying I'll go back to weight watchers.  I saw your show maybe this will help.

Hi Dot ....i am now 51 ..divorced for a year now ...30lbs overweight and still smoking and i became a

grandmother when daugther was only 18 and she lived with us and baby for 4 years ..i helped raise her baby on a full time basis as she had to work !!  built in babysitter i was !!! loved it but glad she is on her own now !

When i turned 50 she left the house with a new partner and is doing fine ...i divorced and lost 20 lbs but since feb l have gained it back !!!  have a new boyfriend who is really overweight which does not help because he says i look great ..of course because he does not seem to want to loose the weight ..beer belly and couch potato ...now i know i must loose the bf and loose the weight !

I want to loose 30 ...i am only 5 feet and weigh now 144 lbs ...ouch !  and i need to stop smoking for my

health and my wallet !  maybe we can do this together !

September 10, 2008, 5:45 pm CDT

I am signing up.

I am 62 and need to loose at least 25 lbs. I probably could stand to loose 35 but I would be thrilled with 25

. My story is probably like a lot of 62 yr. old women. I am not as active as I should be. I did have colon cancer 3 yrs. ago. I had surgery and radiation and so far I am doing fine. When I was taking radiation every day for 6 weeks I still didn't loose any weight. Weight just does not come off as easy at it use to. I have started walking and watch what I eat but it still does not come off. At least I haven't gained any in several years. I am going to give this race a good try. Thank you for listening. JD 

September 10, 2008, 6:47 pm CDT

needing motivation

Hi everyone.. I am a 31 year old mom with 2 children who are very active.... I have my own childcare and love it but not the stress that can come from it.....I am only 4' 10" and I weigh a woppin 148lbs. I have done a lot of "quick fixes" Or YO-YO dieting over the years and am done with all that.... I have come to realize that  its time to change....yes my husband may be 6 ft and weigh 290 himself and he is the greatest dad in the world but he doesnt motivate me very well.. he is constantly telling me how great I look and then beating himself up because he cant get down to where he would like...so I am hoping that being in a discussion with other in my same situation I can get motivated from your stories and words of wisdom....

September 10, 2008, 7:07 pm CDT

Ready set...LETS DO IT!!

Quote From: spiritshigh

Call me the cheerleaderbut you have to be one too! I am 57 and want to lose with you! I have read the book and ready to go when I wake up. Are you? Join me on this chat and lets make a memory together. Ill help you and by all means I NEED you!! Tell it all. What you did for the day, what struggles you are having. Get rewarded by your buddies for a small step or a large step to better health. If you fall, well be here to pick you up.

I am East Coast, SCwhere are you? I have been an up and downer all my life. Lose 15-20 gain it back in a couple years. I am retired and live so far out we only have 4 houses in a 4 mile radius so I need you to talk to, so lets get going

I thank you now and Ill thank you tomorrow.  

Hi Cheerleader.... I love your spirits... is awesome .... this is so the motivation that I need... I am just now reading the book.....and will make memories with you....I need help too!!

I am on the East Coast too....VT....I used to weigh like 105-115 good for my height of 4 ft 10inches but way overy endowed..(awkard as it was..) I was very stressed with life after high school and into college (eventually I stopped going) then had a miscarriage and then got pregnant with my daughter ! eventually had to have breast reduction to loose some weight as I was now up to 135lbs... since the reduction in 2002 I lost 14lbs and then had my son which put me back up to like 136lbs... I have since gained more and now way 148....my goal is to loose 15-20lbs first...when I hit that I will see how I feel and go from there...I have not had good luck with loosing but no problem adding them on!!

I like your enthusiasm and I hope that I pick up on it more each day!! Thanks for everything today!!

~Michelle~

September 10, 2008, 7:12 pm CDT

You Can Do IT!!!

Quote From: mysandboxcrew

Hi everyone.. I am a 31 year old mom with 2 children who are very active.... I have my own childcare and love it but not the stress that can come from it.....I am only 4' 10" and I weigh a woppin 148lbs. I have done a lot of "quick fixes" Or YO-YO dieting over the years and am done with all that.... I have come to realize that  its time to change....yes my husband may be 6 ft and weigh 290 himself and he is the greatest dad in the world but he doesnt motivate me very well.. he is constantly telling me how great I look and then beating himself up because he cant get down to where he would like...so I am hoping that being in a discussion with other in my same situation I can get motivated from your stories and words of wisdom....

Hi.  I am a 33 year old mom of 3 and can sympathize with you.  I am 5'2" & weigh 155lbs.  I have lost 25lbs on my own and keep going up & down by 5 lbs.  My goal is to lose 10 more and then once that is met 10 more.  A little at a time is better for me to stay focused.  My husband is very supportive and he does tell me I am doing a great job and he can see a difference.  It is a life commitment and I struggle with it on a daily basis.  I feel my kids are learning my bad eating habits.  Good luck to you and if you need to eat sweets just hop online & email me..

Erica

September 10, 2008, 8:15 pm CDT

25 more to go.

Ya know its funny I was just at the gym and im 25 lbs away from my goal. I was watching the show & this is the perfect club for me. Im excited to meet new people and get advise from people that are in my same boat.

September 10, 2008, 11:33 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Hi!!!  I'm Susan from Ca.  I'll be 28 next month.  I'm 5'2 and weight 157 lbs.  I watched the show today and it just seemed like perfect timing.  I've really been trying to get myself motivated and this was the boost I needed.  I need to read the book though.  My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for the last 3 years and the stress of what we've gone through has taken it's toll on me.  I've always figured that the chronic pain I have is due to playing a lot of sports when I was young but I see now that its mostly my weight.  My goal is to lose at least 25 lbs but hopefully more. 

September 11, 2008, 6:11 am CDT

25lbs

I am a 25 year old mother of 2 girls under 2 years. My second child was born 7 weeks ago and now I weigh 152lbs at 5'4. I cant stand the way my body looks. I am ready to get my body back to as normal as I can get it after two pregnancies in two years.

September 11, 2008, 6:15 am CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: naaj15

I just watched Dr. Phil's show and he talked about joining the message boards for support, which is what I need.  I am 5'2" and currently weigh about 140 pounds.  Not obese, but definitely not where I should be/want to be.  Plus, my husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I know that extra weight can make it harder.  My highest weight was about 162 and my lowest was actually 113.  I think healthy for me would be about 115-120.  I have an unhealthy relationship with food.  I think about it ALL THE TIME.  Constantly thinking about what I'm going to eat next.  Going into the kitchen and looking in the fridge and pantry about twenty times a day.  I know what I should be eating, but my husband is 6'3" and only like 170 pounds and can eat anything he wants.  I feel bad about taking away his "snacks" just because I don't have the willpower not to eat them myself.  Also, I do not know how to cook...at all.  I really need help, advice, suggestions! 
I am also the same height and weigh about 142 lbs. At my highest weight I was 153, and this is a lot for me as I was very small (98lbs) 12 years ago. I am not a big eater, but I don't make the healthiest choices. When I finally had enough, I joined one of those 30 minute circuit training clubs for women. I started going 2-3 times per week and it worked. I dropped 17 lbs within 2 or 3 months and felt great. I didn't even change my eating habits. I have since gained back about 8 lbs after leaving the gym and would like to see 125 again. Weight training gives great results, at least for me. My husband and children are all very slim as well, so I can sympathize with you about finding it hard to keep junk out the house. I really slacked off over the summer, too many bbq's and drinks I guess! I have bought a home gym and exercise bike and am going to start today to get back in shape. Even if you buy some free weights and use them a few times a week and walk on opposite days, you should see some results. When you build up muscle, you burn calories and fat much quicker so you don't have to watch your food intake quite so closely. I know it is hard to get motivated, but the rewards will come. It is a great feeling when your clothes get too big for you or you find you can fit into that old pair of jeans again. Good luck to you.

September 11, 2008, 6:19 am CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: mysandboxcrew

Hi Cheerleader.... I love your spirits... is awesome .... this is so the motivation that I need... I am just now reading the book.....and will make memories with you....I need help too!!

I am on the East Coast too....VT....I used to weigh like 105-115 good for my height of 4 ft 10inches but way overy endowed..(awkard as it was..) I was very stressed with life after high school and into college (eventually I stopped going) then had a miscarriage and then got pregnant with my daughter ! eventually had to have breast reduction to loose some weight as I was now up to 135lbs... since the reduction in 2002 I lost 14lbs and then had my son which put me back up to like 136lbs... I have since gained more and now way 148....my goal is to loose 15-20lbs first...when I hit that I will see how I feel and go from there...I have not had good luck with loosing but no problem adding them on!!

I like your enthusiasm and I hope that I pick up on it more each day!! Thanks for everything today!!

Michelle

Welcome Michelle......well we might not be on TV but we are the Internet rage for each other and anyone else that joins in. It's fun to hook up and share and help each other. Ya know no matter how tall or large someone is, or how much weight to lose we all have the same frustrations. To get excited and watch these folks on the show we can feel like we are moving right along with them. You have had a busy time! Congratulations on your daughter and son.  Now it's time for you!

I have read the book but started out again on page one to do it right. I have been a WW (Weight Watchers) person on and off for 35 years. Their teaching always stick with me but certainly I get out of hand. So hear we go. Although all the teachings will come as we move forward with the book, for now I will start with a walk, and some tube ropes (those rubber things) and absolutely eat better today. I also will keep a diary. I measured myself this AM ,waist 34, around the belly button, 42 and then dropped it down to the hips and it was 42. So actually I must look like a duck! Weight was 169.5. I am 5'5 . So off we go...I'll report in the AM and at night.

Oh.....I loved VT. Skied there several times.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last