Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 11, 2008, 7:11 am CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Wow, I am so not alone. I am 41. I have been on Jenny Craig for over a year and Lost 20lbs. I have 20 more to go. I am 5'2" and weigh 140. I cant get below this. I am sick of eating JC food. I feel like I need to try something different. I work out 4 to 5 times a week for an hour or more. I feel I eat right most of the time. I am a social eater. I love parties. I do like to have my beer. I KNOW that is probably my problem. But LIke I said I am very social. I know I am looking good. but when I met my DH I weighed 120 and thought I was fat. Now that is where I want to be. I think that would be good. So HELP me. please. I love Dr PHIL> I DVR Him everyday. LOL. Gotta go. Going to Zumba. LOVE IT> Mary.

September 11, 2008, 10:20 am CDT

Support

I would love to join the 25 lb. club.   I need to lose about 30 lbs, but that should be close enough.  I am 68 and need to develope better exercise and eating habits.   I do have the book and have read it, but obviously I didn't  follow through.   My biggest problem is eating after 3:00 and after supper.   I have injured my knee so exercise will be light at first.    Any support will be appreciated.    Cynthia 4467

September 11, 2008, 11:44 am CDT

Getting Started Again

Quote From: sunhine57

Hi I'm Dot A 50 year old.  always dieted all my life. but 5 years  ago i quit smoking got a divorce and became a grandmotherwhen daugher was only 17. I don't know how to get started again. I'm 30 pounds heavier then I want to be.I  keep  saying I'll go back to weight watchers.  I saw your show maybe this will help.

Hi Dot, I 'm a 68 year old grandmother and also quit smoking.   I'm trying to lose 30 lbs.,   so maybe we could help each other.   I posted a message earlier today.    Cynthia4467    (Cynthia)

September 11, 2008, 12:08 pm CDT

I only need to lose about 10lbs

Hello

My name is Beth! I am 25 years old! I am a stay at home mom of 2 kids 8 months old little boy and a 2 year old. They are 19 months apart! I have had 2 C-secions so I really want to tone up that area!! Not really sure how to do it... The weight part is not all that bad but if I just toned up my belly I would be much better...  The other day my dad watched the kids while my husband and I went bowling and when we came to pick them up he asked me if I was prego! I was like Um.... NO!!! So that right there has told me that I need to tone up my belly... I was always so skinny! so even tho it might not look that bad on me. to me it does. I do have the binder ball but havent used it all that much yet. we are going to be moving and living on our own with our family. No room mates so I will be able to work out eat right with out having someone watching me all the time. So I would

September 11, 2008, 12:19 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Hi all

I'm 5'2" and 130lbs.. the weight itself does not bother me its the flubber after 2 kids.

TONING AND REBUILDING. My belly looks like i'm 4month preg. I have 2 c-sections with child birth.

Yes i admit thats an excuss = )

Anyway I just need to start a change in my life style and what better place to start.

I do have one question. I dont really understand where to start and how this program works. Can someone tell me how to begin. I have lost control and motivation in all aspects of my life years ago. I am the worst house cleaner in the world. I find it cheeper to eat junk not good for the kids too. I am on a budget and cant afford to drive everyday to wegmans for reash fruit and veggies.. I'm a contry girl and just know what to do. Can someone replay and help me get started. That would be great!!!!

September 11, 2008, 12:38 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: sandersmom06

Hello

My name is Beth! I am 25 years old! I am a stay at home mom of 2 kids 8 months old little boy and a 2 year old. They are 19 months apart! I have had 2 C-secions so I really want to tone up that area!! Not really sure how to do it... The weight part is not all that bad but if I just toned up my belly I would be much better...  The other day my dad watched the kids while my husband and I went bowling and when we came to pick them up he asked me if I was prego! I was like Um.... NO!!! So that right there has told me that I need to tone up my belly... I was always so skinny! so even tho it might not look that bad on me. to me it does. I do have the binder ball but havent used it all that much yet. we are going to be moving and living on our own with our family. No room mates so I will be able to work out eat right with out having someone watching me all the time. So I would

I so under stand the belly bulg!!! samething here and its hard cant really do sit ups at all and really need to find the motivation to work on it!!

Its not simple like walk the dog everyday or cleaning the house as a work out. belly flubber you have to target that area.

If anyone can make a common day function into a belly fat work out that would be great!! This way we are not sitting in a chair watching our belly fat curl. This is way i avoid it!

If its called a work out forget it...lol

I have a 5 and 12yr old and pritty active but my eating habits are bad for sure.

Today diet included -

Breakfast: mozz. sticks x3 no dipping sauce and a grilled cheese sandwitch

Lunch: A hand full of plain salted chips

Dinner: homemade mac. salad about 2cups (no tuna. with egg, carrets, onion, black olives, mircalwhip) , Cheeseburger with lettice tomatos.

Snacks: more mac salad at 7:30ish pm and again at 11:00ish pm, hand full of salty chips plain at 9:00ish pm.

I dont drink anything except pepsi regular. I drink about 3litters of soda throw-out the day. My tast buds are all off i think becouse of this but hard to change. been drinking nothin but pepsi from the age of maybe 12.

I would have to detoxe but no clue where to even start with that step omg and the thought scares me!!

Anyway thanks for letting me chat =)

September 11, 2008, 12:57 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: kell2104

I'm 35, I use to be skinny..less then 2 years ago! Then I got pregnant, not on purpose because i already have one baby who's 12!!! But my son is now 7 months and I still need to lose 38 pounds to get back to my original weight & CLOTHES!! I have a closet full and I can't wear them! Its depressing and my husband is no help cause he's like 145 pounds and eats whatever he wants and doesnt gain an ounce!! I need help..I have a WII and I got the WII fit thing and I do it everyday..I dont like eating that much and I frequently skip meals..so why am I still fat? Beats me but I have to do something soon!
to keep your metabolism reved up you need to eat every 3-4 hours but it has to be correct food. A small portion protein with acarb. such as apple,celery etc. If you don't eat enogh of the good foods you will not loose. Skipping meals only slows down the burning of calories. Hope this helps and don't give up.

September 11, 2008, 12:58 pm CDT

Needing to lose 15-20lbs

Hey! My name is Kalie and im only 20 years old and im looking to lose about 15-20lbs. I have tried getting healthy food, but it never sticks I give up on myself too much. And watching the Dr.Phil show has encouraged me to change. Im going to the library today to pick up his book. I think having support from a message board will help me out tons. Can't wait to start this journey.

September 11, 2008, 3:42 pm CDT

Quit to be Healthy

I quit smoking about 2 years ago . . . I used to be a size 4, now I'm an 8 or 10 depending on the style.  I used to be active and happy most of the time, and sometimes the temptation to start smoking again can be very hard to not give into.  I suffer from migrains, and since I quit they seem to be more frequent.  I've been through depression, nothing too serious, some days worse than others.  I started running and was feeling pretty good about myself and was excited about it, then developed a severe tendonitis in my ankle and recovery has been tough.  I just can't seem to get back into it.  Now my hair has started to thin and that's really bothering me.  Looking for some advise and tips for losing weight and keeping on track.

September 11, 2008, 3:46 pm CDT

Excited to Begin!!

I watched the last two Dr. Phil episodes and am inspired to start losing weight. I am 25 years old, am 5'7", and weigh 173 lbs. I would like to reach 145 lbs.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last