Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 16, 2008, 9:12 am CDT

I'll be 40 in 6 months

I don't want to be 40 and fat!  I want to be 40 and fabulous!!  I am a mother of 3, the oldest in college and the youngest is 11.  I am turning 40 in 6 months and I want to feel good about myself and be excited about it.  I come from a family where the women are stick skinny when they are young and then when you turn 30 you seem to blow out your metabolism with your Birthday candles! I look at my Mom whose weight is out of control and know I don't want to follow in that path.  I want to set an example for my daughters. What I need is accountability, someone who won't let me make excuses for not doing the things I know  I should be doing.

September 16, 2008, 8:01 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: locks5

I'm 35 years old, a stay at home mother of 3 beautiful girls, and originally lost about 80 pounds and I've kept off 70 for a little over 3 years now, but have slacked off, not exercising and falling back into my old eating habits.  I'm terrified of gaining back the weight I've lost and just need to get back into the right mindset to motivate myself to reach my goal once and for all.  I have about 20-25 pounds to lose and really want to make it happen, but keep making excuses.

Good for you for losing the 80 lbs.  Don't beat yourself up too bad for gaing 10 back.  I am sure you are

very busy being a mom but you have to make time for yourself.  I am a mom of 3 as well

and know how time is hard to come by.  I am about 35lbs over weight and looking for the

same mindset as you are.  I do excercise about 5-6 hours a week but am having a hard

time eating healthy.  It is just so hard sometimes.   

September 16, 2008, 9:06 pm CDT

Reporting In

Okay, readers, I blew it last night on, of all things, peppermint sticks. I ate one apple, then two, then I tumbled into the sugar. Things could have been worse, of course. Peppermint sticks don't hold a caloric candle to many temptations; but still. The good news is that they are almost gone, and I will not replace them. They are left over from last Christmas anyway. Hard candy stays good almost forever. No peppermint sticks this year!

Now for the exciting news. I told you that I started exercising in earnest on July 1. Today I went shopping for new jeans and bought size 10Petite! I am down from a 14 Petite. Amazing--I have only lost about 5 pounds. The difference has been brought about by exercise. EXERCISE!!!

For the record, I am 64 years old, 5'1", and 135 pounds. My goal is 110, which is realistic because I am very fine boned. I spent most of my life at about 105. Menopause took me to 108-110. Then came my prednisone explosion. I can do it. Just knowing you are reading this gives me encouragement. Thanks!

September 17, 2008, 7:19 am CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: naaj15

I just watched Dr. Phil's show and he talked about joining the message boards for support, which is what I need.  I am 5'2" and currently weigh about 140 pounds.  Not obese, but definitely not where I should be/want to be.  Plus, my husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I know that extra weight can make it harder.  My highest weight was about 162 and my lowest was actually 113.  I think healthy for me would be about 115-120.  I have an unhealthy relationship with food.  I think about it ALL THE TIME.  Constantly thinking about what I'm going to eat next.  Going into the kitchen and looking in the fridge and pantry about twenty times a day.  I know what I should be eating, but my husband is 6'3" and only like 170 pounds and can eat anything he wants.  I feel bad about taking away his "snacks" just because I don't have the willpower not to eat them myself.  Also, I do not know how to cook...at all.  I really need help, advice, suggestions! 

Hello,

I myself am 5'2"  Since I'm muscular and somewhat larger of frame my goal is 125 lbs.  My lowest high school wgt was 117 and that didn't last long.  I currently weigh 163.  I'm not happy with that but seven years ago I weighed 197 so I'm  happy that I have maintained this much weight loss since I lost weight five years ago.  I wanted to comment about your husband.  If he really must have bad snacks see if you can convince him to take them to work.  On another note even though he is thin doesn't make his arteries etc healthy.  The high fructose corns syrups, bad fats and refined flour and sugar are equally bad for his blood chemistry and his longevity.  Additionally if you learn to not keep bad food choices in the house when you do have children they won't learn bad food habits as easily.  I have struggled with my wgt forever but I try to only keep good mostly unprocessed food in the house with  the exception of some ww bread and cereals.  I have three children 16,14 and 6.5 and none of them are over wgt.  I do occasionally bring a treat in to the house or take them out for a treat so they aren't deprived and learn how to have an occasional treat. 

On the cooking piece keep it simple.  Get a George Forman type indoor grill and if possible an outdoor grill then for supper just make sure you have a lean protein to cook and two veges to toss in the microwave and a glass of milk and you have dinner.  My family is pretty use to that.  Most of Dr. Phils suppers in his book support the meat and two veges.  Avoid  starch at supper or fancy casseroles full of fats and starch.  I also have just ordered a NuWave oven that is suppose to be able to cook meat that comes straight from the freezer.  If you are interested I will let you know what I think.  Good luck!

September 17, 2008, 9:50 am CDT

I'm Joining the 25lb to lose it!

I am joining the club to lose weight. I lost 15 pounds a couple of months ago and along came the 4th of July and the weight followed soon after. I was looking on youtube.com to see the people who makes videos of their weight loss journey and wow, I was blown away. O.k guys I say we start and we do this a week at a time. I am going to start on Monday. I am going to weigh myself and I get my measurements. I say that we start as a 10 week journey. I will be taking pics and some video. ANY ONE ELSE READY. PLEASE REPLY ASAP. 

September 17, 2008, 11:31 am CDT

need extra help

I am a mother of 3 little boys 3,2, and 7 months. i was 250 when i left the hospital with my third child and was so embarresed that i had to do something. so i losed 90 pounds. i want to loose about 30 more when i was in high school i was in a size 0 and now i am in a 9-11 i want to be in at least a 5 and weigh nomore than 130 pounds. i cant seem to get anymore weight off. I know i need to exercise that has always been my excuse but now i am determined to get the rest of this weight off. There is one bad draw back to me loosing weight... You know all that skin that had to strech around that fat .. well it is now all sagging on my stomach, legs and now my arms look like flags. i am only 22 and it makes me feel like total crap when i see other young people looking so good and i cant get there. i just need some extra help and i am hoping by doing this it will help me out . well good luck to everyone out there!!

September 17, 2008, 3:21 pm CDT

I'll join with ya!

Quote From: commitednow_2

I am joining the club to lose weight. I lost 15 pounds a couple of months ago and along came the 4th of July and the weight followed soon after. I was looking on youtube.com to see the people who makes videos of their weight loss journey and wow, I was blown away. O.k guys I say we start and we do this a week at a time. I am going to start on Monday. I am going to weigh myself and I get my measurements. I say that we start as a 10 week journey. I will be taking pics and some video. ANY ONE ELSE READY. PLEASE REPLY ASAP. 
I'll join with ya. 

September 17, 2008, 6:15 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: pizzagal

I'll join with ya. 

o.K. ARE YOU READY. WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS. I'M SO EXCITED. ANYONE ELSE JOINING?

September 17, 2008, 6:27 pm CDT

Challenges

Thanks for everyone's messages and support.   I have a particularly busy week with company(daughter and grandchildren) coming in in 3 days.    We have a lot of extra food(ice cream, cookies,  cupcakes,  chips and bacon and biscuits, for instance)  that can be very tempting.    It is very easy to give in and eat.   I did take my 100 cal. snack to bible study tonight so that I didn't have to eat the regular dessert that was served.  So I give my self a pat on the back for that.    I went  to the doctor today with a sore knee and got a cortisone shot.   I can't do any exercises that  put any stress on my knee for 30 days, but I can walk and do arm exercises with weights and floor exercises, like crunches.    I've done great on my food so far this week.   I haven't had time to start the book, but I have been reading recipes and making a grocery list.  Any suggestions for coping with gchildren for 3 days without pulling my hair out and eating a bag of cookies would be appreciated.     I'm also going to a shower  luncheon Saturday,  but the hostess is having chicken salad and fruit, so I'll be okay there.       Cheers.     Cynthia 4467

September 17, 2008, 6:47 pm CDT

Count Me In!

Quote From: commitednow_2

o.K. ARE YOU READY. WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS. I'M SO EXCITED. ANYONE ELSE JOINING?

I've been in since my first message; but just so you know the good your commitment is doing, I was sitting here watching the sun go down and thinking I could take the day off from exercise. Your excitement has rubbed off--I'm on my way to the gym! Let's do it!

First | Prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next | Last