Message Boards

Topic : Join the 25 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 180
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 11:08:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 25 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 8, 2008, 10:23 pm CDT

Join the 25 Pound Club

Quote From: imabeliever

I've been in since my first message; but just so you know the good your commitment is doing, I was sitting here watching the sun go down and thinking I could take the day off from exercise. Your excitement has rubbed off--I'm on my way to the gym! Let's do it!
OK.  So we are all joining in but how will we keep it going?  How will keep each other updated? 

October 13, 2008, 10:54 am CDT

You can do it!

Quote From: twenty2lose

I am also the same height and weigh about 142 lbs. At my highest weight I was 153, and this is a lot for me as I was very small (98lbs) 12 years ago. I am not a big eater, but I don't make the healthiest choices. When I finally had enough, I joined one of those 30 minute circuit training clubs for women. I started going 2-3 times per week and it worked. I dropped 17 lbs within 2 or 3 months and felt great. I didn't even change my eating habits. I have since gained back about 8 lbs after leaving the gym and would like to see 125 again. Weight training gives great results, at least for me. My husband and children are all very slim as well, so I can sympathize with you about finding it hard to keep junk out the house. I really slacked off over the summer, too many bbq's and drinks I guess! I have bought a home gym and exercise bike and am going to start today to get back in shape. Even if you buy some free weights and use them a few times a week and walk on opposite days, you should see some results. When you build up muscle, you burn calories and fat much quicker so you don't have to watch your food intake quite so closely. I know it is hard to get motivated, but the rewards will come. It is a great feeling when your clothes get too big for you or you find you can fit into that old pair of jeans again. Good luck to you.
It is a struggle sometimes. There are many times where I encounter temptation, especially on the weekends. I am learning that you have to just enjoy life and when you mess up, get back on track. I have lost a total of 12.3 pounds within the last 5 weeks. I enjoy a cheat day or two and I get back on track during the week. Cut a lot of carbs but switch to good carbs and light breads. Try to snack a minimum of 2x a day and enjoy good snacks like fruits and veggies. We hear this countless times but its the truth and it works! Good luck on your journey. It doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as the weight comes off!! Try to get someone who will support you too. My husband just bought me the Wii fit for my birthday. Although I didnt ask for it, he wants to help me get to my goal and he supports me 100%. You need at least 1 or more people who are behind you all the way. This helps, trust me! When those clothes start getting big on you, you want to lose more and more! Take care and God bless!

November 6, 2008, 8:35 pm CST

50 is a tricky age

Quote From: joanne4413

With all the workout you are doing have you taken your measurements as well.. ?? Muscle weighs more than fat but the inches will come down...
I am 50 as well and am addicted to walking, jogging and long distance bike riding but I also cant seem to loose weight.  Mind you I also eat too much and bing on the wrong thing.  Im looking for some self control tips.........I have recently stopping drinking wine every night as I found that it took away all my self control.  Anyway good luck all of you .............I also quit smoking 4 yrs ago which is where my weightgain began along with depression and menopause.

February 18, 2009, 12:41 pm CST

Country living should be healthier...

I moved to the country and now have 10 acres for my horses.  One would think that living in the country would lead to a healthier lifestyle.  well...I'm now at my heaviest and I don't have the tone that I used to.  A lot of things changed.  I used to walk to the grocery store...now I'm forced to drive.  I was close to a gym and it was convenient for me to attend.  Now I have an elliptical and weights in my home, but I don't have a buddy to hold me accountable.  When I had my horses at a riding facility, I used to ride more often.  Conclusion, I'm a social person and being isolated hasn't motivated me to work out or ride. 

February 18, 2009, 1:21 pm CST

Losing weight through Spirituality and meetings.

I just watched the Feb . l8th show about losing weight.   I do believe in exercise and portion control.   However , i feel that the exercise routine is way too harsh for people who are one hundred or more pounds overweight.   This gets me so angry and upset because I worry that the people will have severe health problems for all that harsh exercise.    I belong to a senior center where i take Yoga and senior aeroblics once a week (each).   I can't imagine those people doing such strenuous excercise until they lose at least 20 or 30 lbs.  

This is just my personal opinion.   Please do not judge me.

April 9, 2009, 5:43 pm CDT

newbee

Hi, Im new to the Dr Phil 25lbs club i quit smoking almost 2 yrs ago since then ive gain 30lbs,I would be happy to lose 25 lbs Ive found now that im older it's harder to lose i try to eat rite i workout 3 to 4 times a week @ curves. Ive been doing that for 6 yrs but now ive starting the nasty menopausal thing so its like nothing i try works i need help!!

April 11, 2009, 8:03 pm CDT

Hoping for 35 PDS

Hi Everyone:
Have been on other message boards here and I'm really looking for all the support I can get-nothing else seems to be working. I also quit smoking 4 yrs ago but need to quit using that as an excuse for my weight gain coz now I'm also going through menopause too. Just need to keep up with my exercise routine and really crack down on my eating habits. Could really use any advice-I'm at my whits end of what else to do. Someone else's perspective is always good! My name is Sheryl-hope to be in touch alot on here in 2009!

April 13, 2009, 10:04 am CDT

Weight Loss Reveal LIVE CHAT

On Friday, April 17 at 9:00 pm ET, 6:00 pm PT join Joe, Lauren, Annette and Emilie for a LIVE Chat on DrPhil.com. After revealing their amazing weight loss transformations, the Ultimate Weight Loss Solution participants will answer your questions about how Dr. Phil’s Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom  helped them lose pounds and inches and how they plan to keep it off!

http://drphil.com/shows/page/LiveChat/

May 23, 2009, 6:30 pm CDT

ME TOO!

Quote From: jlm8020

I moved to the country and now have 10 acres for my horses.  One would think that living in the country would lead to a healthier lifestyle.  well...I'm now at my heaviest and I don't have the tone that I used to.  A lot of things changed.  I used to walk to the grocery store...now I'm forced to drive.  I was close to a gym and it was convenient for me to attend.  Now I have an elliptical and weights in my home, but I don't have a buddy to hold me accountable.  When I had my horses at a riding facility, I used to ride more often.  Conclusion, I'm a social person and being isolated hasn't motivated me to work out or ride. 

Hey,  I know what you mean, I too live in the country with my horses and we are "far, far away"from any gyms or anything like that.   We both work full time and have 5 horses and are raising cattle too but the weight seems to find me even in the country!  

June 9, 2009, 3:47 am CDT

new

hey everyone!

I'm 21 years old, about 5'5'' and 160 lbs. I'd like to get to 130-135 cause I'm afraid it's gonna be too late when I get older. All my female relatives started gaining like crazy after turning 25 and have a really hard time losing it all, I don't want that happening to me. :)

First | Prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next Page | Last Page