Message Boards

Topic : 05/28 Busted Online

Number of Replies: 188
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:06:31 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/08/2008) Parents, listen up! If your child has an online profile, he or she could be one click away from disaster. We’re living in a digital world, where photos can be published online for the world to see in an instant. What you or your child might find acceptable might not be acceptable to college recruiters, potential employers or even the police. Former Miss Washington Elyse Umemoto knows all too well the pitfalls of private photos posted online. After being crowned Miss Seattle in 2007, she posed for pictures while celebrating with friends. When the snapshots ended up on the Internet, she landed in the middle of a scandal. Now she worries how it will affect her future. Then, a college student and a recent graduate meet with a job recruiter to perfect their interviewing skills. Find out what the job recruiter saw online that he thinks might keep them from being hired. And, don’t miss how one college student’s online profile may have helped land him in prison! If you think your digital photos are for your eyes only, think again. What you post on MySpace or Facebook could lead to serious consequences. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 6, 2008, 11:51 pm CDT

09/08 Busted Online

Hi Dr. Phil and Robin:   I do not believe that you are or will ever think of getting a divorce.  I just now saw

that you posted you were going to talk to the audience about your impending divorce.   The way it is

worded on your website I have to admit makes me wonder.  Personally, I do not think it is really any

of my business but I sure hope and pray that I am right in believing this is a false statement.  I just

loathe the way society discloses information whether it is true or false before they have all the facts.

I cried with joy all through Robin's first book.  I divorced many years ago and when I read Robin's book

I thought to myself if I had read her book then it would of helped me in many ways.  Whether you are or not getting a divorce my prayers are with both of you and your children.  I'm Canadian and I love American people but I do find that there is too much drama in your country about celebrities, artists and the list goes on.  I admit no longer watch CNN because they go on and on about different tragedies that happen to people whether they are in the media or not.   Sorry, but I really do not want to know every detail of anyone's misfortune or mistakes they make in their lives.  We all experience tragedy or make terrible mistakes.  Just because one is in the public eye does not mean the individual(s) concerned are not human.      May God Bless your whole family with His truth and Wisdom as you face adversity in your lives. 

September 7, 2008, 12:07 am CDT

Nothing is Private on the Internet!!!!!

You know, just keep saying that to yourselves over and over.

If someone gets "called" on something they decided to put on the 'net, that's their problem for putting it up there.

I am not blaming the victim, I am blaming the idjit.

September 7, 2008, 2:16 am CDT

This was the point...................

This happens to be the exact point that I was trying to make on another topic about spring break. A mother had posted a question concerning whether she should allow her college age child to go on spring break or not. She received a reply saying "Yes, kid's are responsible and you don't have to worry about it", or something to that effect. I had written to her in reply and mentioned the fact that while her child is in college and working on that very expensive degree, if some "not very flattering" pictures of her child were to show up on the Internet then her child's degree may not do him/her any good at all. I told her that employers have access to an area where they can find pictures of potential employees and many people tend to lose the opportunity to many jobs for that reason alone. If you are going to do something that you wouldn't want you parents, children, neighbor's, or employer to see, then don't allow certain images to be taken of you. It can come back and bite you in the butt very easily! 

September 7, 2008, 6:41 am CDT

This is just confusing...

Hello everyone,

Well, yeah, the Internet can be really dangerous for pictures and such stuff, but I myself have a Facebook and a MySpace account. I got a lot of pictures there (especially on Facebook) but both of the accounts are set to private, and therefore only my friends and relatives can take a look at them.

But this is really confusing... before I put any picture, I thought about it and asked adult people, yeah lol, I did. They said nothing would be wrong as long as I was putting very decent pictures and they were private.

So what now? This is really scary... there are millions of people who use Facebook and MySpace.

I am 16  by the way and again, this is just confusing and I'm very confused. I am type of person who likes to chat with people online (especially the American ones :D) so I sometimes have to add them on my Facebook or MySpace (after making sure that they are fine ones). So what do you guys think? Should I just take my pictures away?

--Thanks! :)

September 7, 2008, 6:50 am CDT

Dr Phil Divorce

Divorce, are you serious? No way,never! Dr. Phil is just going to explain Robin's absences from the audience, because this is America's couple and their love is evident, they are what the rest of America wants "each other", she is probably doing some civic duty which she always does, I love you both Dr Phil and Robin, we all do. Nin Herrera

September 7, 2008, 9:44 am CDT

Divorcing ?

Quote From: lcb81860

I hope that this is just a RUMOR spawned from those pesky tabloids which I REFUSE to read...Say it isn't so, Dr. Phil and Robin...SAY IT ISN'T SO!! :,(   And, IF the rumor IS TRUE, then my thoughts and prayers are with you both through this ordeal.  In the end, you both need and deserve happiness and I wish you nothing but the best!  I'll be watching on Monday! ;)

OXO
Lucy B.

I can't see you & Robon divorcing.You seem so happy together.I don't read the tabloids because they're full of trash & lies to hurt people.You & Robin belong together.

September 7, 2008, 11:14 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Busted Doctor Online Phil. Are you kidding me? Everyone online will get busted once aday. See you on----Monday September 08th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.---------------------------------------------------

September 7, 2008, 12:54 pm CDT

divorce?? no way!

I am absolutely certain this isn't true  -   your love for each other just shines through  and for your chikdlren.  I watch your show every day at 3pm   and now my husband watches as well.       I love both of you - you each do so much to help others, in your own ways.   

These people that start nasty rumours are trouble makers  - ignorant and mean.      I will certainly listen to your show tomorrow and find out why Robin isn't there.      (every show I watched I saw Robin walk with you so I must have missed one or two when I wasn't home in time to watch)  

September 7, 2008, 1:55 pm CDT

09/08 Busted Online

i hope this isn't true.

September 7, 2008, 2:06 pm CDT

Many shows extremly emmotional...

Mrs Robin Mc Graw   is a very sensitive person....

Many of Dr Phil shows i can  N O T watch.....  IMany shows leave me to upset...

Mrs Robin Mc Graw  needs to stay soft, gental,  sensitive person.... After every show  Dr Phil

needs a soft place to fall....

Thank You to  Dr Phil team/staff/FAMILY    for helping so many of us by dealing with many difficult  situations...    P L E A S E stay healthy ...

lee leonard {retired little red hen]

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last