Message Boards

Topic : 05/28 Busted Online

Number of Replies: 188
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:06:31 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/08/2008) Parents, listen up! If your child has an online profile, he or she could be one click away from disaster. We’re living in a digital world, where photos can be published online for the world to see in an instant. What you or your child might find acceptable might not be acceptable to college recruiters, potential employers or even the police. Former Miss Washington Elyse Umemoto knows all too well the pitfalls of private photos posted online. After being crowned Miss Seattle in 2007, she posed for pictures while celebrating with friends. When the snapshots ended up on the Internet, she landed in the middle of a scandal. Now she worries how it will affect her future. Then, a college student and a recent graduate meet with a job recruiter to perfect their interviewing skills. Find out what the job recruiter saw online that he thinks might keep them from being hired. And, don’t miss how one college student’s online profile may have helped land him in prison! If you think your digital photos are for your eyes only, think again. What you post on MySpace or Facebook could lead to serious consequences. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 6, 2008, 9:27 am CDT

Dr. Phil and Robin Divorcing???

I hope that this is just a RUMOR spawned from those pesky tabloids which I REFUSE to read...Say it isn't so, Dr. Phil and Robin...SAY IT ISN'T SO!! :,(   And, IF the rumor IS TRUE, then my thoughts and prayers are with you both through this ordeal.  In the end, you both need and deserve happiness and I wish you nothing but the best!  I'll be watching on Monday! ;)

OXO
Lucy B.

September 6, 2008, 10:00 am CDT

New hours for Dr. Phil

Hi Dr. Phil,

I faithfully watch your program and just this last week your hours were changed and you no longer come on at 8 p.m.  I so sorry for that because after a long day, nothing was better than to see your program.  I have learned logs and I hope all the mothers and fathers of children lave seen and learned too.

I am a very young 65, soon to be 66 and I am learning to walk again due to a spinal cord injury.  I might add that water is healing me.  Loosing weight is a great too.  I have founded a knit and crochet group and we give hand made items to cancer babies and adults also.  We give to anyone in need.

Your show means a lot to me.  You are so qualified to help people.  You can judge, not a good word, people by their heart.  I look first at the heart  not the person.  I love you and I will watch no matter what the time is.

God Bless you,

Alice Mammini

September 6, 2008, 10:33 am CDT

Please Say It Isn't So!!!!!!!

Dr. Phil,  I love watching your show. It is hard for me to keep up with it now cause of my work schedule. One day I'm on nights then the next days. But I do watch when ever I get the chance. You are my inspiration. Their is only one other talk show I like besides yours, and that is Oprah. But to my point of this message. Please say it is not so about you and Robin. You two make the perfect couple. I love watching when your show would end and she would great you their in the middle of the walk off stage. I think that is so romantic to see how much you love each other. I also love the shows that you two do together. I would really love to see you two in person and be in the audience of one of your shows. But unfortunately money is really tight with me, plus with my job I don't have any vacation that I can take. So for now till money gets better I hope I will have to watch you on television. But I hope it is not so about you and Robin. But if it is, I hope you and Robin nothing but the very best life has to offer. You two are the greatest. God love you both. You inspire so many lives. Keep up the great work as always Dr. Phil.    All my love, Mary

September 6, 2008, 12:06 pm CDT

I AGREE -- SAY IT ISN"T SO TODAY AND NOT MONDAY

Quote From: lcb81860

I hope that this is just a RUMOR spawned from those pesky tabloids which I REFUSE to read...Say it isn't so, Dr. Phil and Robin...SAY IT ISN'T SO!! :,(   And, IF the rumor IS TRUE, then my thoughts and prayers are with you both through this ordeal.  In the end, you both need and deserve happiness and I wish you nothing but the best!  I'll be watching on Monday! ;)

OXO
Lucy B.

I know Dr. Phil was on "Live with Regis and Kellie" show Thursday of Friday. I didn't see it myself, but heard he talked about this very subject and had some advice for Robin. If this is just hype to get an audience on his first show of the new season on Monday,  hum    

Has anyone on this board seen Dr. Phil on any other shows promoting his new season where he tells why Robin's seat is empty? It's hard for me to imagine that the popular RAG would print a lie on the cover especially, week after week.

September 6, 2008, 12:45 pm CDT

Dr.Phil and his (divorce)

I really hope this is not true.  If it is the tabloids should mind their own business.  If it is true I would certainly hope you have followed all of the advice you have given others on this subject.  But to be perfectly honest I think it is just something the papers made up.  Well I certainly hope so, if not what hope does the rest of the marriaged couples have?

September 6, 2008, 12:46 pm CDT

Dr.Phil and his (divorce)

I really hope this is not true.  If it is the tabloids should mind their own business.  If it is true I would certainly hope you have followed all of the advice you have given others on this subject.  But to be perfectly honest I think it is just something the papers made up.  Well I certainly hope so, if not what hope does the rest of the marriaged couples have?  P.S If it is true I'm not ashamed to say I'm looking for a good man.

September 6, 2008, 2:00 pm CDT

Divorice?

I had seen on the cover of ENQUIRE that Dr. Phil and Robin were on the verge of divorice, but I just laughed it off and thought how dumb. Who really believes anything that ENQUIRE says anyway.  And I haven't thought anything about it since, until I was reading about  Season 7 and it said that Dr. Phil is going to address the RUMORS. I thought "WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING? It can't be true"   This has to be a rumor, it just has to be!  Dr. Phil and Robin give me hope that happy marriges do exist.  Of course every couple has their differences and problems, and I'm sure that they are no different.  If this rumor is true (which I hope that it isn't) then the entire McGraw famliy deserves an OSCAR for their incedible acting ability, Because we have all seen how Robin just LIGHTS up when Dr. Phil points her out in the audience, and how she is GLOWING on the "Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day's"  or How in love they look on the holiday shows where the whole family comes on.  And plus have you read Robin's books?  Would she seriously publish a book of lies just for the money?  I think not!  I have been an avid watcher of the Dr. Phil show for many years now and I think that their love is genuine and pure!  I truely and sincerely hope that these ARE rumors and that we put them to rest!  Best of luck on the New Season and the New Show!  I'm looking forward to wacthing The Doctors!

September 6, 2008, 3:48 pm CDT

Busted Online

Dear Dr. Phil,

I am very concerned about computer's in children's hand's!!  I am unable to have children, I am a Cancer Survivor but I know all the stuff I get sent to me, and I automatically put it in spam.

I believe the Computer should be in a room, were if a parent is walking by , they can just glance and see what their children are up too.

As for the Gossip about your marriage, I don't read or trust those rag magazine's.

As my Nana alway's said ; " People who put you down or make up lie's, are just jealous of you."

And I agree completly.

The temtation is too great for the child ( I have newphew's) and they don't realize what they are getting into , and they offer up alot of information about themselve's , thinking they are talking to someone their age and gender. And  sadly it ususally  is not the case. They end up giving their phone number's, address's and school address's - It is a scary world out there and the children have to be protected, if you brought them into this world it is your duty to take care of them, they truly do not understand the consequense's of what they tell.

I am glad you are doing  a show on this, some parent's really need a wake-up call!!

Sinerely,

Beth Johnson-Lessard

Rhode Island

USA

September 6, 2008, 6:26 pm CDT

09/08 Busted Online

Quote From: simply_a_girl

I had seen on the cover of ENQUIRE that Dr. Phil and Robin were on the verge of divorice, but I just laughed it off and thought how dumb. Who really believes anything that ENQUIRE says anyway.  And I haven't thought anything about it since, until I was reading about  Season 7 and it said that Dr. Phil is going to address the RUMORS. I thought "WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING? It can't be true"   This has to be a rumor, it just has to be!  Dr. Phil and Robin give me hope that happy marriges do exist.  Of course every couple has their differences and problems, and I'm sure that they are no different.  If this rumor is true (which I hope that it isn't) then the entire McGraw famliy deserves an OSCAR for their incedible acting ability, Because we have all seen how Robin just LIGHTS up when Dr. Phil points her out in the audience, and how she is GLOWING on the "Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day's"  or How in love they look on the holiday shows where the whole family comes on.  And plus have you read Robin's books?  Would she seriously publish a book of lies just for the money?  I think not!  I have been an avid watcher of the Dr. Phil show for many years now and I think that their love is genuine and pure!  I truely and sincerely hope that these ARE rumors and that we put them to rest!  Best of luck on the New Season and the New Show!  I'm looking forward to wacthing The Doctors!

I have to say I agree on the whole divorce thing.... I have watched Dr. Phil and Robin since he was on the Oprah show and do not believe that they are divorcing. How could they? They alway seem so happy... I love your point about the book too... why would she write only one book but two. I read the first one and the way she talk about him and her family in the book just make it seem as though they are soo in love. I just think this is a way to get people to tune in and maybe she has not been in the audience lately because she had some other appearances to make or something. Let me know what he says though or i will have to watch it later because I now have to work during his show which I really hate. I have to have my daily dose of Dr. Phil, which we all do.. Have a good week.

Whitney

Cleveland, MS

September 6, 2008, 11:42 pm CDT

Divorce?

I really hope that all is well with Robin and Dr Phil and that these are merely destructive rumours spread by a vicious press, who will stop at nothing to boost ratings.  The tabloids  cause emotional stress to many celebrities and get away with it.  They will only stop if we stop buying their magazines and many of us said we would do that when Princess Diana died.  We all know how hurtful rumours are in our own lives and how destructive they can be, so when they are played out on the world stage and blown out of proportion how much greater the stress must be.

God bless you Dr Phil, Robin and your family.

JK  Australia

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last