Message Boards

Topic : 08/05 Make It or Break It!

Number of Replies: 161
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:08:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/09/08) Tammy and Paul were husband and wife for eight years before their marriage ended. After nine months apart, the couple secretly remarried, unbeknownst to their families who endured the drama of the first marriage, and would clearly not approve. Now, just weeks after saying "I do" for the second time, the two are having doubts of their own. Tammy says she caught Paul lying about seeing an ex-girlfriend and searching Internet dating sites. Meanwhile, Paul thinks Tammy's spying is wicked and deceitful. Find out how Tammy's sister, Cindy, reacts to the news of their marriage. Did Tammy and Paul rush too quickly into their second marriage? This time around, lies, allegations of infidelity and spying may break them up for good. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 5, 2009, 7:42 pm CDT

08/05 Make It or Break It!

Quote From: ecoflora

I met my husband on Match.com and am very happy.   Unfortunatly you are correct in saying that people can misrepresent  themselves, that's why you need to be careful and take your time.  If you jump into bed with strangers and allow yourself to become emotionally invested in them before you've had the opportunity to observe their behavior, then you're setting yourself up for pain.  It is our job to observe and question for at least 18 months before getting married.  It takes at least that amount of time to let the, "Happiness hormones, aka brain chemicals" wear off before we can get a clear view of our potential mate.  If you are composed and confident and not in a hurry you will see what you need to and hopefully get what you want.  I must also stress here the importance of being completely honest with yourself and your matches, as well as letting your matches know that integrity  is a top priority for them as well.  Then if you hear any warning bells-run-don't walk.  Don't think that people will change at this stage, just try to SEE who they really are.
Of course there are always exceptions. And i am happy for anyone that is happy with their relationship. But i think the problem with dating sites is that the people on their are trying to hard to please. They just need to be themselves. Put your self out there and don't be afraid to talk to people.

First | Prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next Page | Last Page