Message Boards

Topic : 08/05 Make It or Break It!

Number of Replies: 161
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:08:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/09/08) Tammy and Paul were husband and wife for eight years before their marriage ended. After nine months apart, the couple secretly remarried, unbeknownst to their families who endured the drama of the first marriage, and would clearly not approve. Now, just weeks after saying "I do" for the second time, the two are having doubts of their own. Tammy says she caught Paul lying about seeing an ex-girlfriend and searching Internet dating sites. Meanwhile, Paul thinks Tammy's spying is wicked and deceitful. Find out how Tammy's sister, Cindy, reacts to the news of their marriage. Did Tammy and Paul rush too quickly into their second marriage? This time around, lies, allegations of infidelity and spying may break them up for good. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 9, 2008, 5:15 am CDT

DONT UNDERSTAN

Sorry but I just dont understan why man or people get married...when you say your vowls it should mean something special to the person but this days it means nothing...is a shame that this is happening!! what are we teaching our kids? that mirrage is a joke?

September 9, 2008, 6:52 am CDT

RUN GIRL RUN

JUMP THOSE TRAIN TRACKS AND RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

September 9, 2008, 7:03 am CDT

Make It or Break It

My daughter has just recently experienced what it is like to call it quits on a marriage.  When she got married she thought everything was fine.  The two of them had been going together for 7 years before getting married and she was under the impression that everything was fine.  However, after one month of marriage her husband stop having any sexual relationship with her and all of a sudden he began dressing different.  She even discovered he was not wearing his wedding band when he went out.  He would come home from work take a shower then go out with his friends to bars etc.  When she began to ask questions he told her he did not want to be married to her anymore in fact he never wanted to get married in the first place.  He told her he was bored with her and just hearing her voice made him sick.  This hurt my daughter to the core because she did not know where this came from.  During the eleven months they were married it was alot of name calling on his part he called her a b, a whore and the c word there was also some physical contact.  He blamed it all on his drinking.  It got to the point that my daughter had taken all she could and she left (this was after he put a GPS tracker on her cell phone).  She was not only taking abuse from her husband but her mother-in-law included her comments.  She made the break about four months ago and is beginning to rebuild her life.  There comes a time when enough is enough and it is better to get out instead of continue to put up with mental, emotional and physical abuse.  Don't get me wrong I am sure there where mistakes she made as well because all young couples make mistakes but she did not have any idea he felt the way he did.  Let me interject here he was not like this when they were going together this started after they were married and his mother stopped paying for everything for him and he began drinking in excess this was something my daughter was not use to and she is not a drinker.  After three months of torment after the separation we think he has finally left her alone.  So my opinion is if a person is going through anything such as this GET OUT no one deserves to be abused in anyway.

September 9, 2008, 7:07 am CDT

Make It or Break IT

She's not going anywhere....regardless of the danger she's putting her son in.  She's hooked on that  loser.  I find him repulsive...don't know how she could have sex with him.  He is not one bit handsome .....she could do so much better.  Get a better looking man and more important, one with substance.  He has none!!!  Too bad....she'll waste her life on this guy and will cause her son and her daughter to not have a chance for a normal, productive life.  I wish the authorities could step in and do something...there ought to be a law.

Patti

North Carolina

September 9, 2008, 7:29 am CDT

I don't understand!

This is a typically case of couples not going by the golden rule!  I teach my family what I live by....Treat others the way you want to be treated!  WHEN...I am in a relationship, I feel that the other person needs to know what playing field they are on because, that is how I would like it.  Being open and honest and letting the other person get to know the real you is the way it needs to work, not a glamorized snapshot of a person lighter side.  Couples seem to think when they get married, all bets are off and they can treat each other like property and that do not have to have respect for each other.  Live by the golden rule and you really can't go wrong.

September 9, 2008, 8:11 am CDT

Safety net

When that guy was searching on eharmony...he was creating a safety net.  If Tammy does leave, he has his next backup.

My ex-husband did that to me.  He had a girlfriend he strung along in case in didn't work out with me and he had me in case it didn't work out with her.   Guess what?   He's alone now.

September 9, 2008, 8:15 am CDT

Open your eyes

I remarried my 1st husband after 18 years apart.  I thought things would be different..his stripes were just a different color!  She needs to realize that her children were intrusted to her for a short time.  TAKE CARE OF THEM.  Also..I believe she has some co-dependency problems ( I should know..).  PLEASE GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN.  Having been married to a con aritist twice...I can spot them a mile off.  Don't fool yourself this guy probably taught a course.

September 9, 2008, 11:59 am CDT

RUNNNNNN TAMMY, don't walkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!

Run don't walk Tammy!!....Dr. Phil was trying to spell it out LOUD AND CLEAR.  Paul is not a good liar, it's very clear.  You are a beautiful woman capable of a SANE relationship.  Paul wants to lie, deceive, manipulate, and womanize with PROSTITUTESSSS!!  Please don't ruin yours and your sons life.  I did not hear whether the kids are Paul's or from another marriage,...but don't let anyyyy man be abusive to you or them.  RUNNNNN GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!  You are a sweet, sexy, and a SANE woman (when you get rid of this man!), and you deserve much more.  Your family see's this truth, and wants the best for you.  Trust in Dr. Phil, Tammy.  Paul seems pathological in nature, and scared me as to whether he'd be capable of harming you to get what he wants.  What surprises me most...is that you stayed married to this man for soooo long when he seems so "dysfunctional"!  Start a new life with the help of your loving family and sister...focus on your kids, and work on building your own self esteem to attract a better man into your life.  I wish you the very best, and I pray you don't keep the blindfolds on to what Paul is doing. :( Take good care, Anne

September 9, 2008, 12:32 pm CDT

This man is a waste of time!

I have never posted a message to any show ever before, however, when I heard the things that Tammy's husband was saying, I knew I needed to speak out. I have been in a similar situation with my first husband, and I am positive she is in a very dangerous situation. I'm very happy that she is on the show, and seeking help.

Tammy already knows what she needs to do...she's just too afraid to do it. This man is not mentally healthy, she needs support to make the decision to divorce him and be finally through with him altogether.

I sincerely hope she finds the support she needs to move forward without this man in her life.

September 9, 2008, 12:32 pm CDT

09/09 Make It or Break It!

This guy is a loser. This woman must be a few fries short of a happy meal to remarry this loser again. She needs to kick this scumbag to the curb. If any man abused my kid they would pay in spades.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last