Message Boards

Topic : 08/05 Make It or Break It!

Number of Replies: 161
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:08:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 09/09/08) Tammy and Paul were husband and wife for eight years before their marriage ended. After nine months apart, the couple secretly remarried, unbeknownst to their families who endured the drama of the first marriage, and would clearly not approve. Now, just weeks after saying "I do" for the second time, the two are having doubts of their own. Tammy says she caught Paul lying about seeing an ex-girlfriend and searching Internet dating sites. Meanwhile, Paul thinks Tammy's spying is wicked and deceitful. Find out how Tammy's sister, Cindy, reacts to the news of their marriage. Did Tammy and Paul rush too quickly into their second marriage? This time around, lies, allegations of infidelity and spying may break them up for good. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 9, 2008, 2:40 pm CDT

Just gave her a ride?!?!

Ya OK he just gave her a ride! Please! If she believes that she deserves whatever he dishes out! Nothing happened...please!!!

September 9, 2008, 2:41 pm CDT

tammy get out!!

tammy,

you are a beautiful woman, any man would be a better man with you at his side, (the exception in the one you are with)

GET OUT!!!!!!!!! GET AWAY FROM HIM, HE IS AN IDIOT!!! I HAVE NEVER SEEN MORE OF AN INCOMPITENT *** THEN  HIM. PLEASE PLEASE DO YOUR KIDS A FAVOR AND FIND A NEW LIFE A HAPPIER LIFE ON YOUR OWN. YOU DON'T NEED A  MAN IN YOUR LIFE. THEY ARE THERE FOR SUPPORT, KINDNESS, LOVE AND COMPASSION. NOT PAIN AND HEARTACHE.

MOVE OUT AND WITH A QUICKNESS!!!!!

September 9, 2008, 2:46 pm CDT

What the Heck!!!

First  off I guess for some people its ok to give second chances to, But HELLO he was hitting and chocking her...He is definitly insecure if he is calling her trailer trash, dumb (yeah for lower her standards and being with him) and so on.

ANYBODY who calls names puts post its everywhere and tries to keep your self esteem down is hiding something and insecure.. He definitly is not Middle class. Thats scum.

Her on the other hand needs to get the hell away  from him and start feeling better about her self. It makes me wonder if he has beaten her down so much that she can't see anything through the smokey mirrors.

And the Hotel room with the Hooker, Come on.... Doesn't remember. He was back peddling. My daughter who is 16 is sitting here watching with me (I'm not saying a word )and said he's such a lier.. 16!! How old is this lady not to see this..

I've never been married. Because I haven't met the right person. I only pray my daughter doesn't lower her standards to be with an *** like that. Which I believe the faith of God is guiding her in the right direction.. Thank You Lord...Let there be more strong women out there.

September 9, 2008, 2:56 pm CDT

Make it or Break it

You've got to be kidding me!  That guy would have had to sleep with one eye open if he had emailed someone else on our wedding day.  Run for your life honey...RUN, RUN, RUN!  Fast enough to make his head spin.

September 9, 2008, 3:04 pm CDT

oh my....

This poor lady! What is she thinking?????  Does she have self-esteem issues? Self-worth issues?? She shouldn't, she's beautiful and well spoken. And that guy? "Duh, uh, uh, uh..."  What a mess! Every time he was confronted with his juvenile behavior, and it got too hot, he'd point the fingers at her with, 'she did this, she did that..mommy!, waaaaaa! not fair!!!!"blah blah.  Own up to guy,and get over yourself!

September 9, 2008, 3:13 pm CDT

This one got to me............

I always try to be objective because I know there are always two sides to every story.  But Paul just made me cringe!  It was Soooo obvious he was lying to make himself look better, while all the time he was making himself look more like the narcissistic male chauvinist that he came across as.  He wanted so badly to agree with Dr. Phil that he WAS of a higher class which he must believe gives him the right to demean his wife.  He has convinced her she isn't worthy and couldn't possibly find another man to love her.

BUT, even though she wanted Dr. Phil to be honest about making it or breaking it, it was definately apparent she didn't agree with his determination! 

At least if they stay with each other, they are saving two other poor souls from being sucked into their dysfunctional lives.

September 9, 2008, 3:17 pm CDT

09/09 Make It or Break It!

Why did you change the theme song of your show. I watch your show everyday, i love that song. Please change it back. The first song is better. The old song fit you better. I love your show.

September 9, 2008, 3:20 pm CDT

A funeral.....

Ahhh....let's hold a funeral. Let's grieve for the death of common sense.  Let's cry for the demise of the self esteem of the son who was physically and emotionally abused by this stupid, selfish, worthless piece-of-crap male (can't call him a "man").

Let's bring flowers to the grave of the maternal instinct of this ridiculous woman who is willing to throw her children under the bus just to have a maaaaannnn..

Let's shed a tear for the sacred institution of marriage...because, in this case, it has been maimed, beaten up, spit upon and buried so deep it will never surface!

I send a rose and a prayer.

September 9, 2008, 3:24 pm CDT

YOU ARE KIDDING!

DR. PHIL I AM A SINGLE MOM AND RAISED A SON. I AM STILL SINBLE AND THAT IS A CHOICE I MADE THAT MY CHILD WAS AND IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN MY OWN PERSONAL WANTS AND NEEDS. WHEN WE HAVE CHILDREN ITS OUR PRIORITY, DUTY TO PUT OUR CHILDREN FIRST AND IF THAT MEANS BEING ALONE THAN SO BE IT ESPECIALLY IF OUR JUDGEMENT IT SCEWED BY SELFISHNESS. TAMMY IS WALKING AROUND AS YOU SAID PLAYING THE VICTIM AND WITH BLINDERS ON. PAUL WOUL NOT HAVE EVEN HAD A REMOTE CHANCE TO HURT, YELL OR ABUSE MY CHILD LET ALONE A SECOND. GET REALL TAMMY. AS FOR PAUL HE IS NOT EVEN WORTH A COMMENT. 

September 9, 2008, 3:37 pm CDT

This hits so close to home

Dear Dr. Phil

This show is so much like my story that is going on right now.  I recently left my husband and moved from Ohio to Florida.  I have a son that is in the Air Force and I missed him terribly.  My husband basically is a good guy but behind closed doors we argued and fought all of the time because there was never enough money to allow me to see my son.  I felt degraded a lot of the time even though I am a licensed insurance agent and also had a successful career in radio as an on air talent.  Everything that we did were things that he wanted to do and I couldn't get him to do things that I wanted to such as movies or going dancing.  I never felt validated and I felt I wrapped my whole life around him and somehow I lost myself.  I went to an attorney and started the divorce preceedings, but we have decided to see how things go for the next eight months.  As of now we are both apart from each other and I am missing him terribly.  When you said you forget what that person was actually like it was like you were talking to me.  I find strength in your show and I am currently reading your Life Strategies book and doing the workbook.  I know that one way or another I am going to come out of this stronger and become the person that I want to be.  Thank you for all you do!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last