Message Boards

Topic : 09/10 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 1

Number of Replies: 149
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:11:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The obesity epidemic is so dire, an estimated 86 percent of the population will be overweight by 2030. Dr. Phil challenges Americans to get real about shedding pounds with his biggest weight loss series ever: The Ultimate Weight Loss Race! First up, meet the contestants. Annette and Emilie are college roommates who blame junk food and cafeteria buffets for their bulging midsections. Lauren is a pastry chef who calls food a drug, while her twin, Joe, says he’s overweight because he’s "a total slacker." Phil is a police officer who can no longer fit into his uniform, and his wife, Tiffany, jokes that she loves McDonald’s more than their children. Verne says he’s frustrated that he let his weight spiral out of control, and he blames himself for his son, Patrick’s, obesity. Finally, brothers Richard and Jeffery were once star football players but now say their combined weight is 731 pounds. Follow these five teams on a countrywide race as they compete against each other and complete challenges at some of the nation's most famous landmarks and cities. And, don’t be a couch potato when you can join this weight loss movement! Log on to DrPhil.com on Wednesday, September 10 to get healthy eating tips, support and to follow the progress of your favorite contestant in our new weight loss community. Then, join the discussion here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 11, 2008, 7:25 pm CDT

Day two...........

Quote From: donnaindetroit

i also was a thin young lady, how i have become a much too heavy 57 year old is sad, i also am an emotional eater, and i have started cleaning stuff out of my house, realizing i am also a hoarder, i hope to clean up the way i eat, i have to believe you can do this, so i can believe i can do this. good luck to us dear. i wish u the best.
I too, am a hoarder.  Maybe that is some of the characteristics of some overeaters.  I am 62 years old and people tell me I am very attractive.  That is very nice to hear, but I feel I am overweight and that takes away from all the compliments.  So, today I started eating healthy and not snacking after dinner.  I have a tough time with that.  My husband is very thin and seems to be able to eat anything he wants with no weight gain.  I used to be that way, but not anymore.  Well, wishing you the best and we can do this together.  God bless you on your journey.

September 12, 2008, 7:49 am CDT

Jeff and Richard

I love you guys and am cheering for you all the way!  I don't care that you got confused in the first competition because I know you can do it!  You guys are so supportive of each other and I know you both want the best for each other.  I will be following you all the way to the end of the race where I know you will both meet your goals! And although I'm married I love you both and get teary eyed every time I see you!  I just saw the preview that said something about one team giving up and it had Richard (I think) saying something about wanting to go get a burger, but I know that was just a teaser and that you will do it!

September 12, 2008, 7:58 am CDT

i feel happy

yesterday i got up out af bed and walk my son to his bus and then came back and i decied to go for a 4 mile walk aftr i got back i felt realy good about myself and i didnt snake afer dinner at all it feals good to be back on track thank you Dr. Phil

September 12, 2008, 8:34 am CDT

Dr. Phils Boook

What was the name of the book he was talking about on his show.

Thanks,

Tania

September 12, 2008, 4:52 pm CDT

dr phils book

Quote From: mamabeyer

What was the name of the book he was talking about on his show.

Thanks,

Tania

the ultimate weight solution, the 7 keys to weight loss freedom

September 12, 2008, 7:11 pm CDT

my weight loss success story

hope everyone who reads this can be inspired and lose weight.  I have
never been a "big" girl.  I recently had a baby and gained 70 lbs. 
Whenever I went to the dr, I feared the scale and found it easier to
make jokes about how I would gain 10 lbs in two weeks.  I topped the
scale at 210 lbs.  It was horrible!  I gave myself about a month after
having my son before I started working out.  I started myself on .
Turbo Jam... loved it!  I saw the results right away.  I stayed with
that program for about two to three months... then I started the
Biggest Loser DVD. ..Then the results got even better.  I knew working
everything that I gained was going to be hard but I found myself loving
to work out.  I don't miss a day anymore.   I walk 4 to 5 miles a day
and include my work outs in the morning.  I have dropped over 70 lbs in
eight months.  I have built enough muscle up doing my programs and
including power sculpts in my exercises that I am able to eat whatever
I want.  In the beginning, I ate a lot of chicken breast and turkey
burgers.  I now find myself wanting turkey burgers over real hamburgers
now,... who knew they would be so good!!  My advice to anyone starting
to work out is find a program that you ENJOY and you will stick with
it, I promise!!!!!!!!  Never give up

September 12, 2008, 9:35 pm CDT

Emilie and Annette......PINK TEAM

We loved Thursday's show.....Way to go winning the 1st challenge......keep making Michigan proud! 

September 12, 2008, 9:42 pm CDT

PINK TEAM

We were so excited to watch you on television.   Emilie is the nicest young lady.  We know you both will do great... Good Luck Annette and Emilie       from,  (Your neighbor's ) Grandma and Grandpa......

September 13, 2008, 9:38 pm CDT

Get the Book!

Quote From: dixiecowgirl

Hello all I am going to go out tomorrow and buy the Ultimate Weight Loss book and get started ASAP . I would like to loose 100 pounds , My dad is diabetic and I know if I don't do something now I am heading in the same direction , I weigh 240 now and would like to weigh around 150 . I AM READY FOR A CHANGE , WISH ME LUCK !!!!!

Hi Dixie,

I hope you have had time to get the book  and have already began to read Dr Phil's 7 keys. Please know that you are not alone in your journey! I have 100 lbs to lose as well..... I will support you in your upcoming weight adventure! Keep your head up!

Tiffany (Green Team)

September 13, 2008, 9:44 pm CDT

Jeff and Richard

Quote From: jencus

I love you guys and am cheering for you all the way!  I don't care that you got confused in the first competition because I know you can do it!  You guys are so supportive of each other and I know you both want the best for each other.  I will be following you all the way to the end of the race where I know you will both meet your goals! And although I'm married I love you both and get teary eyed every time I see you!  I just saw the preview that said something about one team giving up and it had Richard (I think) saying something about wanting to go get a burger, but I know that was just a teaser and that you will do it!

Hi "Jen"

I just wanted to comment and let you know that my husband Phil and I are the green team.... I wanted to tell you that we became SO close to Jeff and Richard during our races with them. There is honestly no better guys than the two of them. They truly have hearts of gold and would do anything for anybody... even a stranger! I just wanted to ket you know how much I appreciate you supporting them through this time and know that even when we were all watching the Hollywood challenge...... we were all able to laugh with them still counting the stars after passing the "gold man" hree times. LOL They are truly amazing guys!!

First | Prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next | Last