Message Boards

Topic : 09/10 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 1

Number of Replies: 149
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:11:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The obesity epidemic is so dire, an estimated 86 percent of the population will be overweight by 2030. Dr. Phil challenges Americans to get real about shedding pounds with his biggest weight loss series ever: The Ultimate Weight Loss Race! First up, meet the contestants. Annette and Emilie are college roommates who blame junk food and cafeteria buffets for their bulging midsections. Lauren is a pastry chef who calls food a drug, while her twin, Joe, says he’s overweight because he’s "a total slacker." Phil is a police officer who can no longer fit into his uniform, and his wife, Tiffany, jokes that she loves McDonald’s more than their children. Verne says he’s frustrated that he let his weight spiral out of control, and he blames himself for his son, Patrick’s, obesity. Finally, brothers Richard and Jeffery were once star football players but now say their combined weight is 731 pounds. Follow these five teams on a countrywide race as they compete against each other and complete challenges at some of the nation's most famous landmarks and cities. And, don’t be a couch potato when you can join this weight loss movement! Log on to DrPhil.com on Wednesday, September 10 to get healthy eating tips, support and to follow the progress of your favorite contestant in our new weight loss community. Then, join the discussion here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 3:30 pm CDT

Cheering you on

Quote From: tiffanydixon

Thank you to everyone who has helped us along this journey! Dr Phil and his staff have changed our life. We are so grateful for the success we have made so far, and the journey has just begun for us! We cant wait to see all of our family and friends and we will keep everyone online posted about our journey! Thanks again and we will post again soon!
Phil and Tiffany-I'm from the same county as you. My family is cheering you on. We know you can do this. You are in our thoughts and prayers as you make this life-style change. 

September 10, 2008, 3:33 pm CDT

Ready to lose 50 lbs

Quote From: mhaugstad

I am looking for a group of ppl that are looking to lose 50 lbs.  Anyone out there want to join me in my crusade?
I think it would be great to get a group of people together to lose 50lbs. 

September 10, 2008, 3:35 pm CDT

I'am so Frustrated

Hey Dr Phil there is so much I need to say even though I have a hard time talking about it cause it  makes me so angry knowing that there is alot of Violence in the world & kids grow up with violence when they see it at home  or any where they go cause its every where . So I just wanted to let  you know is that I have a violent life growing up and I have been bottleing it up in side all these years and  just want one person to listen on what i have to say cause there has been somuch anger in my life & I'am having a hard time dealing with it plus I'am afraid that I might hurt myself or someone who is close to me & I don't want to do that . So Dr Phil what should I do to pervent this from happening to me cause I know that you have the answers & all I'm asking for is you'r help cause I'm tired of holding all this anger that i have & I don't want this any more so please help me with this Dr Phil Sincerley Samantha Brown

September 10, 2008, 3:41 pm CDT

09/10 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 1

I am ready to start tackling things. I am going to get Dr. Phils weight loss challenge book out of the closet and reread it again. I am about 80 lbs overweight, my knees hurt, I am on BP meds, I huff and puff, and I don't like looking in a mirror. At 48 yrs old I should be enjoying my life, but between the kids, grandkids, husband and all of their problems, my only friend has been food and now that has turned into a terrible habit. I want to live the rest of my life and not worry every night if the exhaustion and tightness in my chest and back is going to be the thing that brings me down. So I am going to go toast my decision to start with a glass of ice water and start clearing out my fridge.Good luck to all of you and to me.

September 10, 2008, 3:43 pm CDT

09/10 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 1

Quote From: capricornmommy

I'm looking to lose more than 50, but I'll join you!
I will join you too, although I am hoping for more than 50.

September 10, 2008, 3:48 pm CDT

50 Lbs or more

Quote From: capricornmommy

I'm looking to lose more than 50, but I'll join you!
I also am looking to lose at least 50, but would like to be in a group with some people who to put it bluntly kick my butt... I am good for a few weeks then it all seems to be lost to me... I have no excuse... none at all.. I have a room full of stuff to help me lose weight.. Just am not motivated... Need help desperatly

September 10, 2008, 3:58 pm CDT

Looking to lose 50 lbs.

I am trying to lose more than 50 lbs so count me in.

September 10, 2008, 4:10 pm CDT

Go Richard

Quote From: richardjackson

Just wanted to thank everyone in advance for all the positive thoughts,prayers,and support. I love you all! To my mother who is the closest thing to an angel i have ever known, you are my hero! To my little brother Jeffrey, you have been my inspiration, you are on this journey with me. Whenever i have fallen,you have been there to pick me back up.You have the heart of a lion! Dad would be so proud of you! Dad and Grandma, even though you are no longer here in body,(r.i.p.)you have been with me every step of the way. I feel your presence guiding me. To all my fellow Military Veterans who have lost their way when they got out of the service, like me, and woke up one day wondering what happened,where did my body and my health go? To the person who like me, had nowhere to turn, was desperate, depressed, overwhelmed,facing emminent disaster, take these steps with me. It wont be easy, but then again is anything in life? Starting at over 400 lbs, if i can do this, so can you. Never give up!!

Your New Friend,

Richard T. Jackson,Jr.

P.S.  Representing Southern Caliifornia baby!!

I saw you on the show today and just wanted to let you know that I've been there too feeling lost and drifting. I to have 100+ lbs to lose but like you I am now heading in the right direction having lost almost 20#. My advice to you is just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and if you feel like you can't, just stand still until you feel strong again. Just dont go backwards no matter what. I'll be yelling and cheering you on form the hills of Tennesse.

September 10, 2008, 4:32 pm CDT

despatate to lose

Quote From: newnavymom

I saw you on the show today and just wanted to let you know that I've been there too feeling lost and drifting. I to have 100+ lbs to lose but like you I am now heading in the right direction having lost almost 20#. My advice to you is just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and if you feel like you can't, just stand still until you feel strong again. Just dont go backwards no matter what. I'll be yelling and cheering you on form the hills of Tennesse.
I need to lose 100 pounds.I am 4foot 11 inches and 228 pounds.I lost 20 pounds so far but keep getting sidetracked.I am now a diabetic,high cholesterol,high blood pressure and have been warned by my dr to lose weight or have a heart attack by 40.i will be 40 in november.and i have a child to raise.

September 10, 2008, 4:40 pm CDT

Please show me where to sign up

for the race. I would like to loose 25-30 lbs. I have looked and looked for the area to sign up. I must be missing it. thank you.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last