Message Boards

Topic : 09/10 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 1

Number of Replies: 149
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:11:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The obesity epidemic is so dire, an estimated 86 percent of the population will be overweight by 2030. Dr. Phil challenges Americans to get real about shedding pounds with his biggest weight loss series ever: The Ultimate Weight Loss Race! First up, meet the contestants. Annette and Emilie are college roommates who blame junk food and cafeteria buffets for their bulging midsections. Lauren is a pastry chef who calls food a drug, while her twin, Joe, says he’s overweight because he’s "a total slacker." Phil is a police officer who can no longer fit into his uniform, and his wife, Tiffany, jokes that she loves McDonald’s more than their children. Verne says he’s frustrated that he let his weight spiral out of control, and he blames himself for his son, Patrick’s, obesity. Finally, brothers Richard and Jeffery were once star football players but now say their combined weight is 731 pounds. Follow these five teams on a countrywide race as they compete against each other and complete challenges at some of the nation's most famous landmarks and cities. And, don’t be a couch potato when you can join this weight loss movement! Log on to DrPhil.com on Wednesday, September 10 to get healthy eating tips, support and to follow the progress of your favorite contestant in our new weight loss community. Then, join the discussion here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 1:27 pm CDT

09/10 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 1

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to wish all the competetors Good luck and I sincerely hope all of you achieve your goal weight!

September 10, 2008, 1:29 pm CDT

we can do it

i know that working out or any kind of movment is good .eating healthy (fruit and veggies) lean meats , chicken/turkey ,and i also know to keep busy and not let myself get bored...but do you think i can fallow my own advice NOPE!. i am 233 lbs.at age 50 i know that i don't  have time to play the weight game anymore,i use to say i need someone to keep an eye on me and cook all of my meals and also get me moving,WHY can't I BE THAT PERSON..like all of you doing the weight loss program,i am with you ,i will BE that person, and I WILL do what i need to do.......

I'm sick of this fat!!!!

I just joined wgt watchers, I bought a pretty sun dress that hangs in plain view that I want to wear to my granddaughters senior graduation in May, it's a normal size for me and I need to loose 30 lbs by then.  Can I so that???  I'm on board for the long haul. 

I've had both hips replaced in the last year but I'm on the workout track now and I'm off and running.  I need encouragement to last the race.  HELP!!!!

GO team Annette and Tiffany!

MAKE FERRIS PROUD!!!!  I know how hard it is having lived on campus and eating the food!  I'm gonna be doing it right along with you guys!  GOOD LUCK!!!!!  GO BULLDOGS! :)

September 10, 2008, 1:44 pm CDT

Where is it?

Today Dr. Phil said there was a place to sign up on his website to start losing weight.  He said there was a group for all weight loss goals.  I can't find a link for this.  Does anyone know what I am talking about and where I can find it?

Thanks!

September 10, 2008, 1:54 pm CDT

GOOD FOR YOU!

Quote From: cuddles05

I WANT YOU TO KNOW IM ROOTING FOR ALL OF YOU,IM GOING TO DO THIS AT HOME TOO.GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.IM OVER WEIGHT TOO.IM 53 AND I WEIGH 235 LBS.I KNOW,I KNOW,IM TOO FAT.SO IM GOING TO WATCH THIS SHOW AND LEARN HOW TO DO THIS RIGHT TOO,I GAVE UP WHEN MY MUM DIES 12 YEARS AGO NOW.I THINK ITS ABOUT TIME I DO THIS RIGHT AND KEEP ON DOING IT.GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHOS DOING THIS TO.I WISH YOU ALL LUCK

You can do it!  You will do it!!  You're motivated and that's half the battle right there.

I made up my mind exactly a year ago to change my eating habits and to exercise more

diligently each and every day.  I wasn't 100% successful, but I was at least happy 85% of

the time with the effort I was exerting to lose weight.  In ten months I lost 22 lbs. safely and

without starving myself.  I've slid back a few lbs. this summer, but I'm determined to give it

a good shot along with everyone else involved in the Ultimate Weight Loss Race.  It certainly

feels great to be slim and trim, and looking/feeling at least 10 years younger.

September 10, 2008, 2:04 pm CDT

time to "get real"

It feels good to know there are lots of people starting on the same path today.  I'm inspired to do what I need to do.  It's no mystery, it just needs to get done!  I just happened to be weighed in at the Cardiologists office this AM , the scale said 263 pounds!  I'm a 52 year old 5'6" woman!!!  That is a weight for a huge NFL lineman!!!  The Dr. is frustrated with me.  I'm on Toprol for elevated heart rate and HBP.  I have a 14 year old daughter and my health problems need to be dealt with and only I can do that!!!!  I've been lucky so far so I need to do the work and take off the weight.  I know I can.  I don't have to go to the Cardiologist again until September 2009, let's see if I can give him an awesome surprise and show up to that appointment in great shape!!!  Let's all do it together!  Strength in numbers!

Martha

September 10, 2008, 2:10 pm CDT

Cant find it

Quote From: moonlight177

Today Dr. Phil said there was a place to sign up on his website to start losing weight.  He said there was a group for all weight loss goals.  I can't find a link for this.  Does anyone know what I am talking about and where I can find it?

Thanks!

Hey I cant find it either. If you do let me know .   Thanks

September 10, 2008, 2:10 pm CDT

Quote From: moonlight177

Thanks!

I started to wonder if I heard him wrong, but now that you are asking the very same question as I makes me realize I heard right.  Yeah I too am looking for that link.  Anyone know?  I have looked all over the site.  Also completed the weight loss/nutrition quiz and seems that there is no "-" or "+" sign nor any summary at the end - was kind of a waste of time.  Would be nice also to have all the KEY points of weight loss up front before I begin my own race instead of waiting each week.  Guess | could buy the book but have decided to return to school for my Masters and seem to be reading all the time now - so no time to read anything else!

Anyhow, where is the link to the group for all weight loss goals?

September 10, 2008, 2:15 pm CDT

I too am wondering where the link to join a group for weight loss.  Anyone know?

thanks

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last