Message Boards

Topic : 09/10 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 1

Number of Replies: 149
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:11:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The obesity epidemic is so dire, an estimated 86 percent of the population will be overweight by 2030. Dr. Phil challenges Americans to get real about shedding pounds with his biggest weight loss series ever: The Ultimate Weight Loss Race! First up, meet the contestants. Annette and Emilie are college roommates who blame junk food and cafeteria buffets for their bulging midsections. Lauren is a pastry chef who calls food a drug, while her twin, Joe, says he’s overweight because he’s "a total slacker." Phil is a police officer who can no longer fit into his uniform, and his wife, Tiffany, jokes that she loves McDonald’s more than their children. Verne says he’s frustrated that he let his weight spiral out of control, and he blames himself for his son, Patrick’s, obesity. Finally, brothers Richard and Jeffery were once star football players but now say their combined weight is 731 pounds. Follow these five teams on a countrywide race as they compete against each other and complete challenges at some of the nation's most famous landmarks and cities. And, don’t be a couch potato when you can join this weight loss movement! Log on to DrPhil.com on Wednesday, September 10 to get healthy eating tips, support and to follow the progress of your favorite contestant in our new weight loss community. Then, join the discussion here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 6, 2008, 9:26 am CDT

Weight Loss

Dear Dr Phil

Even though I didn't get picked for your ultimate weight loss. I will tell you it has giving my family a new way to look at things since you said you where going to do this again. We all that that point said if you didn't pick us we where going to loss weight any way and change how we work and eat.

Since that time I sent in my tape and the last time I traveled to CA to see your show in Dec Last year and spoke to Wendy. Even though your show didn't do taping because for the loss of your friend Roger King. I was at 209 and since then I have lost over 29 pounds and my daughter Jenny about 26 pounds and my husband 32 pounds. We are working hard to get to are goals and if I do I'm coming back to you show with the picture we had taken with you to see the different. It time we all look at are self and try to loss are weight and feel better about who we are. This can really bring family's and friends together if you want to do something good in you life. I just want to be around for my kids and live longer. I believe this is a start.   

One of your biggest Fan Laureen 

September 6, 2008, 2:18 pm CDT

Thrilled you are picking this topic up again!

I for one am thrilled to have this topic brought to the forefront once again. I could not believe when you said it have been 4 years, but I guess it has. I was able to loose a TON of weight when you first started the Challenge way back when. Sadly enough, I lost my mother and  the hole that she left screamed for me to feed it. Which I did. All my habits that I had worked so hard to change fell out the window. I put on more weight then I had lost, same old story.  I was so sickened by the way I was treating me, I went under. A year ago this past Janurary, I saw Bob Greene on the OPrah show and the light came on again. I took what you had taught me and combined it with the online help Bob offered.  I am happy to say I am down about 60 pounds again. Could NEVER have done it without my online friends! that support combined with a combination of things has gotten me back on the right path. Leading my best life. It hasn't been easy and I have faultered a lot this past year but it is a struggle I plan on beating. I have to for me! I know it is ongoing and I know I have to learn to cope with things rather then eat them. I know! I know!
I have to treat myself like I would a best friend!
Thank You Dr phil, for giving me the basics to succeed!
I look forward to this new year and will watch faithfully!  
Here we go again!! :):):):)  

September 6, 2008, 2:19 pm CDT

weight loss

iv tried to go by your book for looseing weight and gess what i gained even moore so i quit and starved myself that woked but my family said i was to skinny i dident think so i do this to loose the weight then when i get down to where i want to be i eat again but now they say im to fat and i cant stop eating and the DR. says that i need to loose the weight but i cant for one thing i would have to get out of bed by now you proably think im this really big pearson but im not i only weigh 160pounds but the DR. says that he would like to see me get down to 130,i almost did durring the winter when i had my little dog because i had to walk her so much but there was times that i went placses that i couldent take her and she would sit at the door and cry really loud i came home one and could here her out side not good but i understood why she did this but the land lord said she had to go and i wasent to bring another dog into the building so now what do i do i dont care to go out and walk alone she was really good for me.

September 6, 2008, 2:20 pm CDT

Thrilled you are picking this topic up again!

I for one am thrilled to have this topic brought to the forefront once again. I could not believe when you said it have been 4 years, but I guess it has. I was able to loose a TON of weight when you first started the Challenge way back when. Sadly enough, I lost my mother and  the hole that she left screamed for me to feed it. Which I did. All my habits that I had worked so hard to change fell out the window. I put on more weight then I had lost, same old story.  I was so sickened by the way I was treating me, I went under. A year ago this past Janurary, I saw Bob Greene on the OPrah show and the light came on again. I took what you had taught me and combined it with the online help Bob offered.  I am happy to say I am down about 60 pounds again. Could NEVER have done it without my online friends! that support combined with a combination of things has gotten me back on the right path. Leading my best life. It hasn't been easy and I have faultered a lot this past year but it is a struggle I plan on beating. I have to for me! I know it is ongoing and I know I have to learn to cope with things rather then eat them. I know! I know!
I have to treat myself like I would a best friend!
Thank You Dr phil, for giving me the basics to succeed!
I look forward to this new year and will watch faithfully!  
Here we go again!! :):):):)  

September 6, 2008, 10:51 pm CDT

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa Hooooooooooooo!

I lost over 100 pounds back in 2004 and have kept all but 15 pounds off.  I've been back to the book and realized that I'd let a few things slip and now I'm back on track and can't wait to see the new Challenge to help with that little bit of extra motivation.  I'm trying to find a way to watch them on the net as in Australia we have to wait 6 months!  I can't wait that long again!!  Just call me impatient but I get sooooooooo wrapped up in these shows.

angel4023 - Please do give the book another go.  It does work and if you need extra support we can give it to you.

Here's to the new lot of Losers who are going to be healthier and fitter than ever before. 

Good on ya, Dr Phil (The GBO - Great Bald One)

September 7, 2008, 11:30 am CDT

Thank you All!

Hey Thank you All for being supportive as I leave this no fail enviroment i know i will be referring here for motivation and support so thanks!

Patrick Wagner

September 7, 2008, 11:32 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Loss One Part Phil Race The Ulitmate Weight. Here we go again another round of weight loss seriies. See you on Wedensday September 10th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------

September 8, 2008, 2:53 am CDT

Good luck Patrick!

Quote From: patrickwagner

Hey Thank you All for being supportive as I leave this no fail enviroment i know i will be referring here for motivation and support so thanks!

Patrick Wagner

Can't wait to follow your very special journey.  You will do it and we will too.

September 8, 2008, 9:08 am CDT

GOOD LUCK PHIL AND TIFFANY

Just wanted to give a shout out to my co-worker/friend and his wife, Phil and Tiffany. Good luck in your journey, put good ole Caroline County on the map!!!!! We're all rooting for you back here and hope that you are doing well. This is such an exciting event for our small town tons of people will be watching! Take care and we miss you, GOOD LUCK!!!!!

September 8, 2008, 10:03 am CDT

GO TEAM T&P

I am so excited to be routing for my best friends Tiffany and Phil through this challenge!  Its a hard road, but  together you guys can do it!  Everyone is asking about the show, and waiting for Wed/Thurs shows to air!! 

We miss you, and can't wait to see you!!  I know your girls have missed you the most!  And our girls can't wait to see Ms. Tiffany and Mr. Phil on OUR TV!! LOL  So, have a safe trip home!  XOXOXO

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last