Message Boards

Topic : 09/10 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 1

Number of Replies: 149
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:11:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The obesity epidemic is so dire, an estimated 86 percent of the population will be overweight by 2030. Dr. Phil challenges Americans to get real about shedding pounds with his biggest weight loss series ever: The Ultimate Weight Loss Race! First up, meet the contestants. Annette and Emilie are college roommates who blame junk food and cafeteria buffets for their bulging midsections. Lauren is a pastry chef who calls food a drug, while her twin, Joe, says he’s overweight because he’s "a total slacker." Phil is a police officer who can no longer fit into his uniform, and his wife, Tiffany, jokes that she loves McDonald’s more than their children. Verne says he’s frustrated that he let his weight spiral out of control, and he blames himself for his son, Patrick’s, obesity. Finally, brothers Richard and Jeffery were once star football players but now say their combined weight is 731 pounds. Follow these five teams on a countrywide race as they compete against each other and complete challenges at some of the nation's most famous landmarks and cities. And, don’t be a couch potato when you can join this weight loss movement! Log on to DrPhil.com on Wednesday, September 10 to get healthy eating tips, support and to follow the progress of your favorite contestant in our new weight loss community. Then, join the discussion here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 8, 2008, 10:05 am CDT

Working Hard !

Hey Everyone,

Tiffany and I can't thank everyone enough for all the support we have received! Everyone at home has been great and the folks that we have met along the way couldn't have been any nicer! A special thanks to my family for taking care of the gilrs and allowing us this once in a life time opportunity. We are both working hard to obtain our goals and deeply hope that our story can help others that have delt with the same issues. We have a long way to go but with everyone supporting us we will get it done!  Thanks again to everyone !

Phil (Team Green!!) 

September 8, 2008, 10:41 am CDT

Thanks!

Quote From: dcordrey

Just wanted to give a shout out to my co-worker/friend and his wife, Phil and Tiffany. Good luck in your journey, put good ole Caroline County on the map!!!!! We're all rooting for you back here and hope that you are doing well. This is such an exciting event for our small town tons of people will be watching! Take care and we miss you, GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Hope all is well back in good ole Caroline County, MD.  We are working hard and hope that we make everyone proud!

Team Green!

September 8, 2008, 1:30 pm CDT

God Bless You Both

Hi Phil and Tiffany,
Keep up the good work, we are  sending our best wishes for a successful challenge.
Anxiously awaiting Wednesday and your debut on the Dr. Phil Show. I'm sure everyone in Caroline, Talbot and Queen Anne's  counties will be watching, recording or TiVo'ing.
God Bless you both and our thoughts and prayers are with you!
With Love,  Mom and Dad

September 8, 2008, 3:43 pm CDT

Way to Go Phil & Tiffany

Hey Guys! I hope you are doing well, we are thinking about having a Phil & Tiffany debut party at our house. I am of course tivo'ing it all.  Our party will involve our Bratwurst and lots of fruits and vegtables to even out our diet in support of your success. I can't wait to see (less) of you both when you get home. Megan is telling all her friends in second grade about you, and Emily has told her Kindergarten class too. Good Luck and B-Safe.     Love, Angie

September 8, 2008, 3:50 pm CDT

So proud of you both

I know you both must be so tired but so happy. We are all cheering for your success. The girls are doing well but miss their Mommy and Daddy. There are so many people waiting for the show to come on. I have been trying to keep them updated. Hurry home, we miss you. Love You, Mom and Dad

September 8, 2008, 4:31 pm CDT

Go Team Green!

Looking forward to Wed. but can't wait to have (most of) you back.  The girl's really miss you (even more than McDonalds!) and you guys have really become the celebritites around here!  Everyone at the hospital even asks about how you guys are doing, have we heard from you, when will you be home, when is it on TV. etc etc etc.  Everyone wants us to TiVo it so we can all watch it together on the weekends.

We know how hard you're working out there and we're proud of you for that.  Hurry home safely!

Melissa

September 8, 2008, 4:38 pm CDT

I hope I can do this...

I'm overweight,have been for 20 years....I think about it at least 20 times a day...some days it consumes me and I am often depressed over it.  I don't have anyone living near me, friends or family, to loose weight together with...i'm trying to bring myself to getting on board and not waiting for 'some one else' to help me.

I just don't know where to start and when I do get started I don't stick to it for very long...I'm an all or nothing girl and this has got to come to an end.

I had double bypass heart surgery at 36 years old, I am not 52 and am overweight....

I hope this community and the upcoming series can get through to me...

Thanks to all for listening.

September 8, 2008, 11:20 pm CDT

MAKE US PROUD TEAM GREEN

Phil & Tiffany,

I am so excited for you both, this is indeed a chance of a lifetime and I have faith that you will both make us all so proud.  Hopefully you can share some tips with us when you return.  My girls have been calling me and texting me every time they see a commercial on of the show we can't wait to watch.  Can't wait to see you and find out all the details.  Best of Luck, Work Hard and Stay Safe.  We are cheering you on!! Hugs and Kisses with best wishes Dawn Jones

Go Phil, Go Tiff, Go Phil, Go Tiff !!!

P.S. Does this mean I can keep your Fishermen's Inn Cookbook?? Just Kidding

September 9, 2008, 9:08 am CDT

Go Tiff & Phil

Wow Tiff - you are in for the chance of a lifetime.  Everyone @ JoAnns is wishing you and Phil the very best and can't wait for you to get back and let us know all about your experience.  Of course, I'm sure you will be hard to recognize by then.  Can't wait til tomorrow to see you "In action".  Go get um girl.  WE MISS YOU ....

Chris

September 9, 2008, 9:11 am CDT

So Excited!

Back during the first time the UWLC happened, I lost over 75 pounds and was doing great. Unfortunately, I had some personal things happen and I blew it. I now have even more weight to lose than last time - I have never been this heavy, but its taking a toll on me. I have been miserable and wanting some support, feeling like I can't do this alone this time. When I saw that this was starting again, I was in tears. I so hope the support groups start up again like last time - they were so instrumental in my maintaining a focus. I started eating the way I should yesterday and know it will work again, and this time for good - I now have a son to look after and want nothing more than to be able to get on the floor and play with him, which right now, it breaks my heart that I can't. This is for him, and it will happen!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last