Message Boards

Topic : 09/10 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 1

Number of Replies: 149
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:11:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The obesity epidemic is so dire, an estimated 86 percent of the population will be overweight by 2030. Dr. Phil challenges Americans to get real about shedding pounds with his biggest weight loss series ever: The Ultimate Weight Loss Race! First up, meet the contestants. Annette and Emilie are college roommates who blame junk food and cafeteria buffets for their bulging midsections. Lauren is a pastry chef who calls food a drug, while her twin, Joe, says he’s overweight because he’s "a total slacker." Phil is a police officer who can no longer fit into his uniform, and his wife, Tiffany, jokes that she loves McDonald’s more than their children. Verne says he’s frustrated that he let his weight spiral out of control, and he blames himself for his son, Patrick’s, obesity. Finally, brothers Richard and Jeffery were once star football players but now say their combined weight is 731 pounds. Follow these five teams on a countrywide race as they compete against each other and complete challenges at some of the nation's most famous landmarks and cities. And, don’t be a couch potato when you can join this weight loss movement! Log on to DrPhil.com on Wednesday, September 10 to get healthy eating tips, support and to follow the progress of your favorite contestant in our new weight loss community. Then, join the discussion here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 10, 2008, 4:01 am CDT

M&M ads

Can somene explain why there are M&M ads on every single page of the website summary of today's show about weight loss?  Seems...mmmmm....contradictory

September 10, 2008, 6:22 am CDT

Go Pink Team

We are so proud of you -Emilie and Annette.....

September 10, 2008, 8:05 am CDT

SO FAT AND SAD

DR PHIL, I WANT TO JOIN YOU GUYS IN LOOSEING WEIGHT .BUT I JUST LOST MY JOB .AND IM FAT .AND UNHEALTHY NOT TO MENTION I DONT HAVE A DIME. I SO WANT TO LOOSE THIS WEIGHT. I CANT AFFORD THE BOOK U WROTE I REALLY NEED ONE SO BAD. DO U  HAVE ONE YOU COULD  LET ME BORROW. ILL RETURN IT AFTER I READ IT.

September 10, 2008, 8:52 am CDT

Ok here I am

Quote From: pegmeg2

Hi to all the Challengers,

Looking forward to Wednesday to see the show.  I was there for the first taping, and wonder how things went.  I'm so glad that Dr. Phil is doing this again.  I lost 130 lbs during the first two Weight Loss Challenges.  His 7 keys are all that you need to be successful.  Robert will be a great help, so listen to what he has to say. I'll be cheering all six teams on and looking forward to seeing less of you on every show.  Enjoy every moment because it goes so quickly.  You have gotten a wonderful opportunity and I know you will all succeed.  I hope to see you all at another taping soon.

Ok I woke up at 9:00 and watched Dr. Phil and said "ok I am going to try this. It is now 11:45  and after registering for page and trying to find anything about what to eat on the web page and finding nothing. I am writing this. I guess I will start next week. I need to have some kind of food/ menu plan. What will I buy at store, what will I eat. I would like to know if there are menus to follow. Please respond.

September 10, 2008, 9:05 am CDT

Sample Menus

Quote From: jbyrds

Ok I woke up at 9:00 and watched Dr. Phil and said "ok I am going to try this. It is now 11:45  and after registering for page and trying to find anything about what to eat on the web page and finding nothing. I am writing this. I guess I will start next week. I need to have some kind of food/ menu plan. What will I buy at store, what will I eat. I would like to know if there are menus to follow. Please respond.
Here are some sample menus to get you started:
http://drphil.com/articles/article/447/

And here's some info about The Rapid Start Plan along with some recipes:
http://drphil.com/articles/article/176/

September 10, 2008, 10:10 am CDT

The Pink Team Emilie and Annette

Emilie and Annette

We are so proud of both of you, The Pink Team. Continue with your weight loss and exercise program. Being roommates at college the two of you will be each others greatest supporters and work -out partners.When you come home for week-ends and or holidays it will be healthy food and meals. Looking forward to working out with both fo you.

Love you Both

Mom and Dad

Judy and Terry

September 10, 2008, 10:26 am CDT

Im 44 too!

Quote From: bbroxbury

I am a 44 years old female....... I weigh 202 pounds. I know that I am very over weight. I am tired of not having clothes that fit me right. I am tired all the time. I would be satisfied weighting120 lbs.and fit. I can lose the weight, I know I can. The most I have every lost is 60lbs. I turn right around and gain it back in six by not eating right and exercising. I don't go out to eat much, I mostly eat my meals at home. It's a mind thing for me. I am going to try again on September 10 to lose the weight, once and for all keep it off. I have to keep the junk food out of my house.

I used to weigh 330 and I had a gastric bypass in 1999.  My lowest weight I ever got to was 157  than guess what happened?

PIZZA,  MCDONALD'S,  chocolates,ice cream...

To make a long story short 11 days ago I got on the scale and I weighed 211 OMG!~  So my husband found this 11 day on 3 days cheat diet and now I am 202 like you.  nine pounds in my first week!

Daily I walk my doggie and like you I don't have alot of money so I am winging it.

I think its a really good thing you want to loose weight!  I guess the bottom line is to BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!  I AM...

September 10, 2008, 12:47 pm CDT

to everybody

I WANT YOU TO KNOW IM ROOTING FOR ALL OF YOU,IM GOING TO DO THIS AT HOME TOO.GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.IM OVER WEIGHT TOO.IM 53 AND I WEIGH 235 LBS.I KNOW,I KNOW,IM TOO FAT.SO IM GOING TO WATCH THIS SHOW AND LEARN HOW TO DO THIS RIGHT TOO,I GAVE UP WHEN MY MUM DIES 12 YEARS AGO NOW.I THINK ITS ABOUT TIME I DO THIS RIGHT AND KEEP ON DOING IT.GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHOS DOING THIS TO.I WISH YOU ALL LUCK

September 10, 2008, 1:08 pm CDT

Hey Phil & Tiffany!

Hey guys!  Just wanted to let you know we're rooting for you!  Just watched the first episode, I don't think we got very much work done in the past hour, lol.  Keep up the hard work!  Can't wait to see you guys (or tomorrow's show)!  :)   See ya! Jana

September 10, 2008, 1:18 pm CDT

Please make this your wake up call!

I wish I could come on Dr. Phil's stage and bring with me one year's worth of what I have do go through with my diabetes -- just as Oprah did with the wagon of beef she brought on stage when she lost weight.  Calculate if you will taking three insulin shots a day (3 needles per day), five test strips per day, many many bottles of two different types every two weeks of insulin bottles per month.  Put all this is a big pile and look at it because this is my life.   Now times that by 10 because this is my life since the age of 11. Then take another pile and put the many many juice boxes, sugar tablets, etc. that I have to injest daily to include sometimes twice in the middle of the night, just to get my blood sugar up before I am unable to save myself before passing out.

I WISH I HAD THE LUXURY OF SOMEONE SAYING TO ME THAT IF I DO: A, B, AND C, THAT I WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO ENDURE THIS LIFESTYLE OF TESTING AND TAKING INSULIN SHOTS.  IT'S SO FRUSTRATING THAT THERE IS SO DARN MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO ARE SO DARN LUCKY THAT THEY HAVE A WAY OUT!!!!  LISTEN TO DR. PHIL AND COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS THAT YOUR LIFE ISN'T MY LIFE AND SO MANY OTHER CHILDREN WHO SUFFER WITH JUVENILE DIABETES!!!  BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T LISTEN YOU JUST MIGHT GET YOURSELF IN A SIUTATION THAT A PILL MAY NOT BE ENOUGH TO CONTROL YOUR DIABETES -- RATHER; YOU WILL BE ON THE ROAD OF DOING EXACTLY WHAT SOME OF US HAVE TO DO.  MAKE THIS WARNING A PART OF YOUR MINDSET AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!  I WISH YOU WELL.  BUT PLEASE PRAY FOR THOSE OF US WHO NEED A CURE AND NOT JUST A WEIGHT PLAN BECAUSE I AM NOT OVERWEIGHT.  MY PANCREAS DOESN'T WORK!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last