Message Boards

Topic : 09/11 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 2

Number of Replies: 71
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:14:21 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his biggest weight loss project to date! With five teams already chosen, he surprises a lucky pair in the audience by announcing they will be his last team to compete in a cross-country race to get in shape and turn their lives around. Meleneise and Toria are sisters-in-law who say they are done with teasing each other about their weight and are ready to get real. Meet the personal trainers that Dr. Phil selected to make sure each team works its hardest. Head trainer Robert Reames reveals his commitment to lead the competitors and America out of the obesity epidemic. Plus, TV personality and famous daughter Katie Wagner reveals her new body after using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom. Finally, the teams take their places at the starting line for their first challenge. Thousands of people are joining the movement in their own lives at home. Will you be one of them? Join the discussion and get started now!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 11, 2008, 3:39 pm CDT

Might help

I went to the link "what happened on the show" and it took me to a page where I can print info.  I dont think you can actually join.  I dont know but I cant find it if there is a way.

September 11, 2008, 3:41 pm CDT

Is there hope?

I'm almost 68 and have heard that losing weight at my age is nearly impossible.  I hope "nearly" is the key word.  I had surgery in March to relieve a pinched nerve in my back that left my leg partially numb and weak.  The last time I was on a treadmill (earlier this year), my knee buckled and I fell on my face, cracked my nose, bloodied my chin, and bruised my hands and knees.  I can stand only about 7 minutes before both feet and lower legs go numb.  I can ride a bike and use the weight machines.  My husband of 50 years eats chips, cookies, donuts, ice cream bars, and doesn't want to give them up.  He doesn't gain weight - he weighs barely more than he did as a skinny high-schooler.  I am fairly successful in avoiding his snacks.  I need to lose 40 to 60 pounds (to take pressure off my back and knees).  Is there any hope that I can lose weight at my age and with my "partial disability"?

September 11, 2008, 3:46 pm CDT

09/11 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 2

Quote From: smokeys

hi i was looking for the 10lb also. he did say there would be one
I believe if you go to the link "find out what happened on the show" you will find what you are looking for.

September 11, 2008, 5:47 pm CDT

mddrains

Quote From: mddrains

I'm almost 68 and have heard that losing weight at my age is nearly impossible.  I hope "nearly" is the key word.  I had surgery in March to relieve a pinched nerve in my back that left my leg partially numb and weak.  The last time I was on a treadmill (earlier this year), my knee buckled and I fell on my face, cracked my nose, bloodied my chin, and bruised my hands and knees.  I can stand only about 7 minutes before both feet and lower legs go numb.  I can ride a bike and use the weight machines.  My husband of 50 years eats chips, cookies, donuts, ice cream bars, and doesn't want to give them up.  He doesn't gain weight - he weighs barely more than he did as a skinny high-schooler.  I am fairly successful in avoiding his snacks.  I need to lose 40 to 60 pounds (to take pressure off my back and knees).  Is there any hope that I can lose weight at my age and with my "partial disability"?

YES YOU CAN!!!  I am 76 and about four years ago, I lost about

a hundred pounds.  You will find after losing that much weigh

you will feel a lot better.  I was on three different blood pressure

meds and since I lost the weight the doctor took off all of them but

one light one.  Do you have Dr. Phil's book?  If not try to get it or get it

from the library and read it and then do what it says.  IT WORKS.

IF you can ride a bike that would be wonderful or the weight machines.

even exercises that you can do in a chair would be Ok if you can't stand

to long at the time.

My suggestion for you with your husband, is to put his snacks some place

that you don't get into much.  FOR ME that would be a disauster.  My husband

don't eat that kind of foods to much.  He is a old farm boy from the south though

and he likes everything with lots of bad fat in it.  I just mostly make two meals for

us.  Not very convientent for me, but it seems to work for my weight loss.

THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU.  DON'T GIVE UP!

Hugs,

Dolores

September 11, 2008, 5:50 pm CDT

It Takes Time!

Quote From: mindxbodyxsoul

I wish I could be all excited. But I am in such a sad state of mind right now. This is just ONE area I need to work on. Overwhelmed? Yep. Depressed? Yep. Stinkin thinkin? yep. But I am the only me I have so I am gonna get my &h!t  together, cowboy the heck up, and do my best to do my best . Please be nice to me,...there has been a shortage of that lately,...even from myself. I have the book -and the time (I hope) LETS DO THIS!

I can SO relate to everything you wrote.......and everything you feel.

You are So not Alone! Sometimes it's a day at a time, and sometimes it's a thought at a time.

It takes time to reprogram our thinking into strength, determination and patience. Like all of us, we've been listening to the self-criticism and the parts of ourselves that tell us food is always the answer. Ha!

Just trust that you can do this........one thought at a time "We Can Do This!"

September 11, 2008, 7:00 pm CDT

weight control

Weight control - Today is September 11th, while watching Dr. Phil show, I am going to be committed in trying to lose weight. It's a struggle for me to so, ever since I had breast cancer in 1996. I have been struggling with my weight. My wieight is now the highest ever. I am so disappointed with myself and feel really low. I am going to a weight loss challenge meeting tonight, infact, it is my second meeting. It has been hard for me this past week trying to eat right and working out. I will see if I have lost any weight tonight from last Thursday. I must keep going!

( Subscribe )

September 11, 2008, 8:08 pm CDT

Another year almost gone & staying heavy

I am a 50+ professional dieter who keeps getting heavier every year.    I love sweets!   Seems like I start gaining weight whenever I eat candy and ice cream, dah!  I walk a mile every day.  I remember feeling fat when I was 18 and only weighed 130.    Wow!  feeling fat at 130...how stupid.   Now, weighing 50 pounds more I WANT TO BE HEALTHY AND FIT and MOTIVATED!

September 11, 2008, 8:33 pm CDT

If I only knew

6 year's ago I weighed 98 pound's and strangly enough I thought I could loose some weight. Like I was not skinny like everyone else. Now in 2008 and having a 5 yr. old I would love to go back to 98 pound's. I f I only knew then ..what I know now !!!!!

I am 140 right now and WILL NOT look in the mirror or at myself when I take a shower. I feel ugly, fat and hate the way I look. I have read the book and  tried to change my life style and it has not work. My weight make's me sad and depressed and I AM SO SICK & TIRED OF SEEING ALL THEASE SKINNY PEOPLE ON THE T.V. and the cover of magazine. I am gonna do something about that one.

I hate myself for looking like this ..  Does anyone else feel this way. Or am I abnormal ?????

Sad and nor right in OR.

pEACE aLWAY'S

September 11, 2008, 8:33 pm CDT

If I only knew

:)

September 11, 2008, 9:42 pm CDT

Home weight loss challenge

I actually applied to the weight loss challenge and sent in my video but didnt get picked. So I am going to try to help myself and do this at home. I need to lose 40 lbs. I think the hardest part is going to be getting rid of my negative thinking which is something that I feel so comfortable doing. I hate going out of my comfort zone but its something that needs to be done. I know everyone is capable of achieving weight loss it just requires a little discipline.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last