Message Boards

Topic : 09/11 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 2

Number of Replies: 71
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:14:21 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his biggest weight loss project to date! With five teams already chosen, he surprises a lucky pair in the audience by announcing they will be his last team to compete in a cross-country race to get in shape and turn their lives around. Meleneise and Toria are sisters-in-law who say they are done with teasing each other about their weight and are ready to get real. Meet the personal trainers that Dr. Phil selected to make sure each team works its hardest. Head trainer Robert Reames reveals his commitment to lead the competitors and America out of the obesity epidemic. Plus, TV personality and famous daughter Katie Wagner reveals her new body after using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom. Finally, the teams take their places at the starting line for their first challenge. Thousands of people are joining the movement in their own lives at home. Will you be one of them? Join the discussion and get started now!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 11, 2008, 9:53 pm CDT

You Can Do This

Quote From: mindxbodyxsoul

I wish I could be all excited. But I am in such a sad state of mind right now. This is just ONE area I need to work on. Overwhelmed? Yep. Depressed? Yep. Stinkin thinkin? yep. But I am the only me I have so I am gonna get my &h!t  together, cowboy the heck up, and do my best to do my best . Please be nice to me,...there has been a shortage of that lately,...even from myself. I have the book -and the time (I hope) LETS DO THIS!
  I understand completely where you are coming from,I have experienced the same feelings.  I started the 14 day rapid start a month ago and have moved on to the 21 days of menus and have lost 13 pounds so far and I am just shy of a month. I started at 224 and am now at 211. Once you get started it will get better. Take one day at a time and READ THE BOOK! the keys are awesome it is really a lifestyle change, WE CAN DO THIS!

September 12, 2008, 7:55 am CDT

SHOWS ON ULIMATE WEIGHT LOSS TAPED 9/10/08

FINALLY GOT TO SEE THE DR PHIL SH0W IN PERSON AFTER  WATCHING IT ON TV FOR A LONG TIME . ENJOYED SEEING HOW IT WAS DONE AND TO SEE ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE ULTIMATE WEIGHT LOSS.   DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAME OF THE MOTHER OF KAREN WAGNER, ROBERT WAGNERS DAUGHTER? THEY WERE ON THE SECOND SHOWS TAPING  DONE THIS DAY AND WAS FORTUNATE TO SEE BOTH TAPINGS> WHEN WILL THESE SHOWS BE AIRED AS THOSE OF US THERE WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SURE WE SEE THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SHOW WE WERE FORTUNATE TO BE THERE FOR THE TAPING?

ENJOYED FINALLY SEEING BOTH ROBIN AND DR PHIL IN PERSON AT LONG LAST. HOPE TO GET HIS BOOK ON THE ULTIMATE WEIGHT LOSS .

THANKS AGAIN DR PHIL AND ROBIN.

BARBB24

September 12, 2008, 11:14 am CDT

Looking for dedicated get-fit e-buddy

Is there another woman out there with a lot to loose (I need to loose 140 pounds)(OMG) who is a great communicator and would like to share and support on the way to health and balance and, dare I say it, happiness? (At least daily e-mails.)

I was a high level athlete in my youth (I am 48 now) and go all out with the work-outs. (Might try to get a trainer this time around). I have only dieted once before (Atkins) and reached my target (lost 75lbs) in 9 months. As I approach Menopause, my sense of urgency around getting fit increases.

Hoping my "get-fit e-buddy" is reading this now...

September 12, 2008, 1:11 pm CDT

I will join you!

Quote From: alwaysawinner

Is there another woman out there with a lot to loose (I need to loose 140 pounds)(OMG) who is a great communicator and would like to share and support on the way to health and balance and, dare I say it, happiness? (At least daily e-mails.)

I was a high level athlete in my youth (I am 48 now) and go all out with the work-outs. (Might try to get a trainer this time around). I have only dieted once before (Atkins) and reached my target (lost 75lbs) in 9 months. As I approach Menopause, my sense of urgency around getting fit increases.

Hoping my "get-fit e-buddy" is reading this now...

I have been hoping to find an e-buddy to share this journey with. I am 34 with 4 children under 9. I have 85 pounds to loose but I started three weeks ago and am down 13 pounds. I am doing well but know that I need a supportive partner to keep this going. I was also extremely active until I had my first child. I was in the military for 8 years and since I got out in 02 I have gained 50 more pounds. If you are interested and motivated e-mail me at christen.burns@gmail.com.

Hope to hear from you!

Christen

September 12, 2008, 2:44 pm CDT

Hi there!

Quote From: desert___queen

I am a 50+ professional dieter who keeps getting heavier every year.    I love sweets!   Seems like I start gaining weight whenever I eat candy and ice cream, dah!  I walk a mile every day.  I remember feeling fat when I was 18 and only weighed 130.    Wow!  feeling fat at 130...how stupid.   Now, weighing 50 pounds more I WANT TO BE HEALTHY AND FIT and MOTIVATED!
I am 51 and had always been thin untill i hit 40 and went on meds for depression/anxiety. Now i think it is age and menapuase as well. Quite a bundle to deal with. I too LOVE SWEETS! Yummy. I have about 35 lbs to lose and would love a fitness buddy maybe we can support eqach other where is it that you live? Deb

September 13, 2008, 4:02 am CDT

I need a buddy

I am 50 yrs old and need a weight loss buddy, I have 70 lbs to lose and need to lose 40 of this hopefully by the end of december, I have to have total knee replacement in my left leg.  I have Dr. Phils books, I just need some motivation.  If that's not enough I lost my job a month ago and feel so upset about that one.  I just found out I am on the border of becoming diabetic if I don't change my eating habits and exercise habits.  Please help. Dr. Phil and Robin keep up the excellent hard work you do !

September 13, 2008, 3:15 pm CDT

disapointed in show focus

Was I the only one who was disappointed in the frivolous nature of the shows (especially the second one)?  Dr Phil talks like we can all join along but cannot figure out how watching teams count stars or any of the other childish things the teams were put through has any relevance to me.  I hope the following weeks as we supposedly go through the keys will have some inspiration value.  I do really need to lose weight and was so looking forward to being inspired and motivated or at least get some good advice.

September 14, 2008, 8:21 pm CDT

Keep Your Head Up

Quote From: jessyny

I actually applied to the weight loss challenge and sent in my video but didnt get picked. So I am going to try to help myself and do this at home. I need to lose 40 lbs. I think the hardest part is going to be getting rid of my negative thinking which is something that I feel so comfortable doing. I hate going out of my comfort zone but its something that needs to be done. I know everyone is capable of achieving weight loss it just requires a little discipline.

Hi,

My husband, Phil and I are actually on the show (green team) and if we can do it, I have complete faith that anyone can do it! If you havent read the book yet, you need to do that first. There are several "self-tests" within the book that would be beneficial to you and your weight loss goals. Please know that there are many others like you and that there will never be a "magic pill" to take off the weight...... But I know you can do it, start out slow and the rest will come and the pounds will drop off! I check the boards frequently, so if you ever need to vent or a shoulder to lean on, feel free to post and I will try to respond! Good luck and stay positive!

Tiffany

September 14, 2008, 8:33 pm CDT

Inspiration!

Quote From: cdlewis12

Was I the only one who was disappointed in the frivolous nature of the shows (especially the second one)?  Dr Phil talks like we can all join along but cannot figure out how watching teams count stars or any of the other childish things the teams were put through has any relevance to me.  I hope the following weeks as we supposedly go through the keys will have some inspiration value.  I do really need to lose weight and was so looking forward to being inspired and motivated or at least get some good advice.

Hello,

I am Tiffany from the green team that you saw on tv, counting stars etc...... The things that we go through are not childish, they are motivtional. Going from no physical activity to running through Hollywood seemed impossible, until faced with it... and even though we came in third- it doesnt matter because we finished the race. Placing first in challenges is not the focus of the Weight Loss Race. The focus is about regaining your positive self image, regaining confidence and finding your personal truth. I really think that if you were able to read the book you would see how important each challenge is to every competitor. Also regarding "inspiration".... if watching Richard at 451 pounds complete the challenge and never complain about how tired, hot , or mad he was is not enough inspiration, then I am not sure what to tell you. I sincerely hope that you continue to watch the show each Wednesday and realize that every person on there is there for a reason and Dr Phil has helped each and every one of us! Best of luck to you.... Tiffany

September 15, 2008, 7:29 pm CDT

Tiffany

Quote From: tiffanydixon

Hello,

I am Tiffany from the green team that you saw on tv, counting stars etc...... The things that we go through are not childish, they are motivtional. Going from no physical activity to running through Hollywood seemed impossible, until faced with it... and even though we came in third- it doesnt matter because we finished the race. Placing first in challenges is not the focus of the Weight Loss Race. The focus is about regaining your positive self image, regaining confidence and finding your personal truth. I really think that if you were able to read the book you would see how important each challenge is to every competitor. Also regarding "inspiration".... if watching Richard at 451 pounds complete the challenge and never complain about how tired, hot , or mad he was is not enough inspiration, then I am not sure what to tell you. I sincerely hope that you continue to watch the show each Wednesday and realize that every person on there is there for a reason and Dr Phil has helped each and every one of us! Best of luck to you.... Tiffany

WOW  Tiffany,  I just want to wish you and hubby all the best.  I watched both shows and it is really motivating me  to get real and do it again.  I lost a 100 pounds back in I think it was 2004.  I have managed to gain about I think 30 or 35 pounds.  I have gone back to the book and I will watch all the shows, do some exercise and watch my food intake to.  I KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO IT TO. 

I AM ROOTING FOR ALL OF YOU.  Is the show suppose to be on every Wednesday?  Wish they would announce that.  You are right Richard was a big inspiration.  He kept trying and I admire that.

Have you joined any of the other boards?

Hugs,

Dolores

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last