Message Boards

Topic : 09/11 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 2

Number of Replies: 71
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, September 04, 2008, 12:14:21 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his biggest weight loss project to date! With five teams already chosen, he surprises a lucky pair in the audience by announcing they will be his last team to compete in a cross-country race to get in shape and turn their lives around. Meleneise and Toria are sisters-in-law who say they are done with teasing each other about their weight and are ready to get real. Meet the personal trainers that Dr. Phil selected to make sure each team works its hardest. Head trainer Robert Reames reveals his commitment to lead the competitors and America out of the obesity epidemic. Plus, TV personality and famous daughter Katie Wagner reveals her new body after using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom. Finally, the teams take their places at the starting line for their first challenge. Thousands of people are joining the movement in their own lives at home. Will you be one of them? Join the discussion and get started now!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 16, 2008, 5:56 am CDT

Thanks

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

YES YOU CAN!!!  I am 76 and about four years ago, I lost about

a hundred pounds.  You will find after losing that much weigh

you will feel a lot better.  I was on three different blood pressure

meds and since I lost the weight the doctor took off all of them but

one light one.  Do you have Dr. Phil's book?  If not try to get it or get it

from the library and read it and then do what it says.  IT WORKS.

IF you can ride a bike that would be wonderful or the weight machines.

even exercises that you can do in a chair would be Ok if you can't stand

to long at the time.

My suggestion for you with your husband, is to put his snacks some place

that you don't get into much.  FOR ME that would be a disauster.  My husband

don't eat that kind of foods to much.  He is a old farm boy from the south though

and he likes everything with lots of bad fat in it.  I just mostly make two meals for

us.  Not very convientent for me, but it seems to work for my weight loss.

THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU.  DON'T GIVE UP!

Hugs,

Dolores

Thanks.  I'm going to believe if you can, I can.   I do have the book and read it when it first came out.  Now I'm going to study it and internalize the messages.  Thanks for the hope.

September 16, 2008, 7:26 pm CDT

Dolores

WOW  Tiffany,  I just want to wish you and hubby all the best.  I watched both shows and it is really motivating me  to get real and do it again.  I lost a 100 pounds back in I think it was 2004.  I have managed to gain about I think 30 or 35 pounds.  I have gone back to the book and I will watch all the shows, do some exercise and watch my food intake to.  I KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO IT TO. 

I AM ROOTING FOR ALL OF YOU.  Is the show suppose to be on every Wednesday?  Wish they would announce that.  You are right Richard was a big inspiration.  He kept trying and I admire that.

Have you joined any of the other boards?

Hugs,

Dolores

Thanks for your support! I turly appreciate it. I have not joined any other boards on here so far.... It is alot to keep up with regarding the shows boards for us... LOL The show will air every Weds, however it starts next week, not tomorrow. But I will post each week regarding our feelings about how the challenge went, etc. But I do appreciate everyone cheering us on and hope to chat again soon.

Tiffany

September 17, 2008, 7:06 pm CDT

You Can Do It!

Quote From: lisabb71

I have not watch TV in ages. Yesterday I turned it on and saw the Dr. Phil show and learned of the weight loss race.  I was so touched by Richard and Jeffery. I am 37 years old and I am raising 5 children on my own. When Dr. Phil told Richard of his diabetes I had this oh my goodness moment.  I thought to myself I am too young to check out of this life because of my own selfishness.  I have 5 children depending on me and I owe it to them as well as to myself to change this garbage that has me enabling myself to get to where I am within my mind and my weight.  I am going to race as well.  Although very overwhelmed at times I know I can do this. I wish all of the winners the best at loosing weight and to Richard and Jeffery...KICK ASS!!!!

Thanks so much for sending that message, it touched me from the bottom of my heart.Hang in there and do this first and foremost for yourself and your kids will reap the benefits of having you around for many years to come. If i can do this you know you can sweetheart! Like me, just take it one day at a time. Do the right thing today and things will be ok. Feel free to ask me any questions or tips and i will do my best to answer them to the best of my ability.

Your Friend,

Richard

September 17, 2008, 7:15 pm CDT

Well Hello

WOW  Tiffany,  I just want to wish you and hubby all the best.  I watched both shows and it is really motivating me  to get real and do it again.  I lost a 100 pounds back in I think it was 2004.  I have managed to gain about I think 30 or 35 pounds.  I have gone back to the book and I will watch all the shows, do some exercise and watch my food intake to.  I KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO IT TO. 

I AM ROOTING FOR ALL OF YOU.  Is the show suppose to be on every Wednesday?  Wish they would announce that.  You are right Richard was a big inspiration.  He kept trying and I admire that.

Have you joined any of the other boards?

Hugs,

Dolores

Hi,

Richard here. Glad i could be an inspiration to you.Hopefully other people will realize that if i can do it they can too. I will never give up thats one thing everyone that watches this show will find out. I really felt that every painful step i was taking was for more than just me. In a way its for all those people that didnt make it on the show and everyone that maybe had some self doubt like me.Tiffany and Phil are some of the most geniune and awesome people me and Jeff have ever met!

Your Friend,

Richard

September 17, 2008, 7:35 pm CDT

Wow Disappointed?

Quote From: cdlewis12

Was I the only one who was disappointed in the frivolous nature of the shows (especially the second one)?  Dr Phil talks like we can all join along but cannot figure out how watching teams count stars or any of the other childish things the teams were put through has any relevance to me.  I hope the following weeks as we supposedly go through the keys will have some inspiration value.  I do really need to lose weight and was so looking forward to being inspired and motivated or at least get some good advice.
hello, I'm Mel from the yellow team.  Let me tell you something.  Every single team worked hard to change their lifestyles for the better.  The things that you saw on the first two shows were intros and compares nothing to the physical labor that all of us put in behind and on scene.  We have shows going until the end of the year and dont worry not only does Dr. Phil go through the seven keys, but your going to see just how hard we worked and you will see the results.....  I wish you could go through those first two days and do what we did.  I bet you wouldnt call anything childish!  Best of luck and God bless!

September 17, 2008, 7:40 pm CDT

Hello

Quote From: cdlewis12

Was I the only one who was disappointed in the frivolous nature of the shows (especially the second one)?  Dr Phil talks like we can all join along but cannot figure out how watching teams count stars or any of the other childish things the teams were put through has any relevance to me.  I hope the following weeks as we supposedly go through the keys will have some inspiration value.  I do really need to lose weight and was so looking forward to being inspired and motivated or at least get some good advice.

Hello,

Just wanted to weigh in (no pun intended)on your comment which, by the way you are completely entitled to. When i first got chosen for this show, i had no idea what to expect  or what was going to be told to me on stage. As you saw, i was told i have onset type 1 diabetes, and crtical sleep apnia, i could have been dead already. I was also smoking a pack to a pack and a half of Newport 100's a day for 10 years and quit cold turkey the night before i was chosen for the show. At 400 plus lbs, what you may have seen as frivolous, was actually hard as hell for me to do. I never complained about anything, i just keep my mouth shut and did it. So if your serious, you dont have to watch the show, read the book, and you'll be fine.

Good Luck,

Richard

September 17, 2008, 7:56 pm CDT

Hi This Is Richard!

Quote From: mattfan

I understand completely where you are coming from,I have experienced the same feelings.  I started the 14 day rapid start a month ago and have moved on to the 21 days of menus and have lost 13 pounds so far and I am just shy of a month. I started at 224 and am now at 211. Once you get started it will get better. Take one day at a time and READ THE BOOK! the keys are awesome it is really a lifestyle change, WE CAN DO THIS!

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel. Before i got chosen for this show, which was a miracle in itself,i had all of the same feelings: being overwhelmed, severely depressed, lonely, i was pretty much at the end of my rope. Just hang in there! Dont give up! Ever! I feel great now! I still have a long way to go, but i've accepted that, and im just following the keys and taking things one day at a time. Read key #1 Right thinking and start thinking positive. If i can do it so can you!

Sincerely,

Richard Jackson

September 17, 2008, 8:08 pm CDT

Hey You

Quote From: chubbylooser

Oh I so badly want to do this.  Each day is a new diet and each day I go home and fail.  Can i do it this time?? Oh how badly I want to.

Hi,

Richard Jackson here, make sure you buy the book, and remember, this is no diet, its a lifestyle change! Failure is not an option! You can do this!

Your Friend ,

Richard

September 20, 2008, 6:58 pm CDT

09/11 The Ultimate Weight Loss Race, Part 2

Quote From: kailynsmam

6 year's ago I weighed 98 pound's and strangly enough I thought I could loose some weight. Like I was not skinny like everyone else. Now in 2008 and having a 5 yr. old I would love to go back to 98 pound's. I f I only knew then ..what I know now !!!!!

I am 140 right now and WILL NOT look in the mirror or at myself when I take a shower. I feel ugly, fat and hate the way I look. I have read the book and  tried to change my life style and it has not work. My weight make's me sad and depressed and I AM SO SICK & TIRED OF SEEING ALL THEASE SKINNY PEOPLE ON THE T.V. and the cover of magazine. I am gonna do something about that one.

I hate myself for looking like this ..  Does anyone else feel this way. Or am I abnormal ?????

Sad and nor right in OR.

pEACE aLWAY'S

You're not the only one who feels the way you do.  I don't buy fashion magazines, because I feel so unatractive in comparison.  Still, I am not hard on the eyes and look quite normal -so I don't want my thinking all warped into equating not model perfect with ugly or gross.

I also have a five year old who is a gem to me.  I've also had two more since him and my chest sags like I'm 80 and there's loose skin around my mid-section.  But clothes and a bra cover a multitude of sins.  I wouldn't trade them for a perfect body (the kids, that is).  Oh, and I don't have a darling baby bump when pregnant.  I get pregnant in my face, legs, rear and belly.  So my secret hang up is that I dodge being  photograghed when pregnant .  Logically I know everything is normal, but there is that part of me that is still influenced by  negative thinking that tells me I'm the size of a beached whale. 

So good luck in finding your peace.  You're post made me feel less isolated in the struggles I face too.

Take care!

September 21, 2008, 12:59 pm CDT

in response

Quote From: melenewilliams

hello, I'm Mel from the yellow team.  Let me tell you something.  Every single team worked hard to change their lifestyles for the better.  The things that you saw on the first two shows were intros and compares nothing to the physical labor that all of us put in behind and on scene.  We have shows going until the end of the year and dont worry not only does Dr. Phil go through the seven keys, but your going to see just how hard we worked and you will see the results.....  I wish you could go through those first two days and do what we did.  I bet you wouldnt call anything childish!  Best of luck and God bless!
hello, and hope you are having a great day. just wanted to let you know that the nature of the show is very real and the whole point of counting stars and all the other challenges we did is to get people moving and doing things. putting people in a different environment and having them do something in which they    normally wouldn't and getting exercise as well. me and my brother counted over 300 stars and screwed up royally! but you know what? he got the best workout he has had in about 5 yrs.so it was definately worth it and productive as well! hopefully you will come to understand the hard work and determination showed by every team.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last