Message Boards

Topic : Talk About the Show

Number of Replies: 782
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 05, 2008, 03:43:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Want to get something off your chest about the show? Do you agree or disagree with Dr. Phil's advice to a guest? What topics would you like to see on an upcoming episode? Sound off here!

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 7, 2009, 4:29 pm CDT

USA

Hi Dr Phil,

I live in New Zealand and I have seen and read a lot on your country USA , My question is it appears to me that there is a lot of people in the USA suing each other and company over the most stupid things. It just seem like things have got out of control am i write think that things have got out of control .

thanking you

Bruce yeates

April 9, 2009, 2:06 am CDT

YouTube comments

I just started watching this show, so to see what it was about I went over to YouTube to watch some episodes and clips from the show; I was pretty shocked by the comments I found there. A lot of people really hate Dr. Phil, and I don't know why. I mean, they don't even know him. From what I've seen, he seems sincere and like a truly good guy. Maybe he's not, but I don't know, I've never met him. And that's my point. How can people hate someone they don't even know? It really, really bothers me. And why are they commenting about their hatred anyway? It's just perpetuating a negative feeling that is destructive both to the giver and recipient of the hatred. I just wish everyone would spend time appreciating other people's good qualities rather than spending their time hating one another (especially when that hate is unsubstantiated). I know this didn't really have to do with the show, but I wasn't sure where else I could put it. Anyway, Dr. Phil, if you read this, I'm sure you know this already, but don't listen to those people who talk bad about you. All that matters is that you're helping people who have problems and you are appreciated for that. It doesn't matter what the media and uninformed people think or say. Again, I'm sure you know this (I think you've talked about it on your show before), but it's probably nice to hear it from somebody else once in awhile. :)

April 10, 2009, 2:50 pm CDT

Whimps

First, allow me to state the obivious.  The man, per what I can tell, plays a part that is not re-enforeced.  And secondly, if my child ever I mean, EVAH, talked down to me, the apple of my eye, I would have to put her on her back-side and make her posterior line up with her cerbral cortex, so to speak.  What a whimp that man was.

Michelle Buck

April 12, 2009, 11:35 am CDT

boycott the circus

If your thinking about going to the Circus,I would think again about going.Just go to this website.. http://www.circuses.com/index.asp.Why go pay and watch animals being beaten? I think the circus should be shut down.This makes me want to cry and I think those JERKS should be hit like they do those animals

April 16, 2009, 1:58 pm CDT

Talk About the Show

I think Dr. Phil should have Season DVD's! I would definitely buy them! Please take this into consideration.  Thanks!

April 18, 2009, 9:01 pm CDT

Show about Sexting

I watched part of the show about Sexting, where kids are sending inappropriate pics of themselves to other kids. Well, this one kid on the show kept getting bashed because he foreword a pic to other friends. I thought that was ridiculous! We are talking about 13 and 14 year old boys who are raging with hormones. Of course they are going to send pictures around.,plus, at that critical stage in life where peer pressure is constant, some boys would be criticized for not looking at pictures of this sort.

(Now don't get me wrong, i disagree with the entire concept of sexting, from both parties) 

What about any consequences for the girl who sent the pictures? And why are the schools getting involved? It should be the parents' responsibility to inform their kids about things like this, and they should be the ones handing out punishments not the schools.

Now, I didn't see the entire show, so maybe all this was covered earlier, but still...

April 22, 2009, 6:41 am CDT

good intentions maybe wrong effect

Quote From: paradoxfox93

I'm always leary and disheartened when i hear about media coverage of Salvia.  It is a great and powerful tool for introspection and self understanding.  I herb has personally led me to great discoveries about myself and the relationships within my life.  I've always thought Dr. Phil was a fairly reasonable guy with an intuitive ability to cup past the bull and so here I must say that I think you may be wrong.  Let me restate that, I HOPE you are wrong.

It's very true.  Kids will abuse drugs.  People will abuse drugs.  It is the product of the society we live and have created.  Without going into the politics of the and just discussing the plant, I would like to say a few things about my experiences with it and observations I've made about how the it affect people who use it.  One can easily find descriptions of the 'ego-death' it causes.  More specifically it just removes the ego from the conscious mind.  It allows us to view that great darkness that is the shadow of Jung.  Many people have a lot of repressed emotions.  In this they, when using the plant, are given an oppotunity to see their true selves.  Looking in the mirror is never easy.  Sometimes we just don't know how to be honest with ourselves.  Salvia Gives us that opportunity in an admittedly very uncomfortable way.  It is never comfortable to be honest with oneself.  Unlike LSD, which I have read is accompanied by stimulating effect, or mushrooms, which I have read are accompanied by euphoric effects,  Salvia does not 'sugar-coat'  the shadow.  It is as honest and candid with us as frankly possibly.  It can be very scary for some and I've read many trip report of people who experience fear and even paranoia from the experience.  However the great thing about Salvia is it's short term effects.  One could even concievably use it in a clinical setting with a doctor because the experience is over within minutes.  The insightful revelation made to oneself last for months of correlation to the feelings percieved.  Except in high dosages hallucination are non-existence and then are only really an impairment of vision and rearranging of perception (Now there's a metaphor!).    No one see's dragons or pink elephants.  It's certainly not a fantasy world.  Even those who like the experience develope enough respect for it not to abuse it.  It's really not something that can be abused.  It has a 'reverse-tolerence' effect.  The more you use it in a short term settering (Within several days) there more powerful each experience become and one needs progressively less to achieve the same level of experience.  Being as the experience is uncomfortable even in those like myself who are partial and appreciate the herb it is not something even children who use it would ever develope a habit of.  It's profound nature leaves one with plenty to think about and a new perspective on life.  Ultimately that's why most people begin using drugs in the first place.  They just don't like they way they experience life.  They want to experience it differently.  Salvia will permanantly change the way you experience life while you are sober.  It is this very psychological process that is inherent to the experience which makes it not even a potential for abuse.  It may even leave kids that do use it less inclined to use other drugs.  It's just that profound.

In conclusion I hope DrPhil does the right thing for Salvia: Talks about the truth and the great things this herb can do for those in need of spiritual healing, including as mention before and by others, addicts in need of recovery.
I watched your show on salvia. although your intentions were probably good I think the show probably backfired on many fronts. We all know as parents that making something taboo to children only makes them want to try it more. Many people watch your show ... including children, and i believe rather than deterring children from trying salvia you,ve simply peaked they're curiosity and informed them of just how easy it is to get. I began reasearching this substance since your show, and theres a wealth of info out there. One consistant thing I found is that almost all sites pertaining to this substance promote caution , safe monitered use in a closed setting, warnings as to the strong effects, and against use by minors and people suffering mental illness. These facts were not mentioned. The comparison to Lsd and other mind altering and addictive drugs was simply incorrect,and this unfounded comparison will probably aid in the sparked interest of people who will want to try it for all the wrong reasons, and most likley ignore the guidlines set out for safe use. I used to be a drinker and I never had a bartender advise me on the safe use of alcohol. Just shovel the drinks and reep the profits. At least the suppliers of this substance promote safe use and freely give unbiased facts as to the effects of it. And nowhere that I found can a minor purchase it. I love your show and believe you are a very intuitive and wise man, but I think maybe you should have done a little more homework before presenting your show. Thank-you

April 22, 2009, 9:14 pm CDT

Sandra Cantu

We were VERY lucky about 27 years ago. Our son was befriended by a 3 time convicted pedafille. He was NOT molested. What we learned from this experience is........
None of the sports leagues that our son was involved in did background checks on any person working within the leagues with the children. I worked to get this pushed through since my son first met this person through little league. (Now I have grandchildren who are involved in youth sports programs and none of their leagues do any type of background checks) This should be MANDATORY!!!
The other thing is, when I talked to my children about strangers, I never defined what constitutes a stranger. Since my son met this man through little league, he did not consider him a stranger. I told him that a stranger was someone I or his dad did not know.
We avoided a tragedy by being involved parents. We listened to our children. We had meals together. The best way to protect your children is to keep the lines of communication open and to make sure the activities that your children are involved in do background screening.

April 29, 2009, 9:10 am CDT

Controling wife?

Dr. Phil had a newly married couple on his show about a week or two ago. The wife was insanely controling making him come home and just spend time with her. Made him sell his horses and wouldn't let him go back to college and become a farrier and all this stuff. I felt so bad for him. He seemed like such a sweet heart. And, me being completely horse obsessed (owning, showing, riding, training horses) I just thought he was the greatest.

I would love an update on that couple! I've been wondering how he is doing.

May 4, 2009, 2:12 pm CDT

Why is Dr. Phil not this week

Dr. Phil has not been on this whole week.....I hate making dinner with out Dr. Phil in the back round......please come back to me .......missing you...
                             Love Chrissy

First | Prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | Next | Last